IGNORED

Further Proof Doug Phillips is a Tool

twin2

The fucking fucker. I'll think of a more eloquent response later when I've calmed down.

Good grief. From what I knew of her, my grandmother would have whacked Dougie where it hurts if she'd seen that.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My maternal grandfather is/was (he died almost two years ago) a veteran and he never made a big deal about it. In fact, his children and grandchildren knew nothing about some very important things he did until his funeral, when the local veteran's association came to honor him.

He was a real patriot who loved America for all its flaws. It makes me really sad that Dougie can claim these honors coming from a place of safety and privilege even while advocating to change the principles for which veterans risked their lives.

My paternal grandfather was also in the military and missed most of his children's lives because of it. I don't know a lot about that situation because my father's family kinda backed away when my parents divorced and then disappeared completely when he died, they never approved of my mother so they pretended we didn't exist.

Emmie, my grandfather is the same way. I've had to ask him about his experiences as a pilot in the Navy just to get any kind of info out of him, just because I'm curious. He'll tell humorous stories every now and again, but he doesn't tell stories that go out of the way to make him look good. I've asked him why he doesn't say anything, and he said he didn't want to seem like bragging or bore anyone. He's a quiet and unassuming guy to begin with. He would never do something like this. He has, you know, scruples and self respect.

I don't know if this was one of you... but I thought the same thing. From the VF FB page...

It makes you wonder if he was taking them over there for a suicide pact or something. "We're old, so lets go kill ourselves while we stand on Normandy Beach." With all due respect and in no way a poor reflection on those decorated men who participated, I'm making a comment about the title of "final farewell." It half sounds like they were going back to die there. Or maybe as if the government had stopped allowing people access to the area, so they're saying a final farewell to Normandy. Or maybe no one can ever talk about Normandy after Doug sets the world straight?

The sad thing is that I'm sure Doug looks at that picture and doesn't see anything wrong with it. He doesn't notice that he's in costume and they aren't; he doesn't notice that they have medals and he doesn't; he doesn't notice that he's posing with a faux-heroic expression and they're acting naturally.

He also doesn't notice that the other men in that picture genuinely risked their lives, while his idea of risking his life is to promise that if he's ever on a sinking cruise liner with his wife and there aren't enough lifeboats he'll let her get in one first. If only D-Day had been held aboard the Titanic instead of on the beaches of Normandy I'm sure he'd have been right there. Damn Hitler for not occupying icebergs.

What an arsehole.

I don't buy what Knight said about Doogie being unaware. That man is so far up his own arse than he can tickle his own tonsils.

...And his new project is to cover the Pearl Harbor veterans! No doubt this means an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii and the opportunity to patronise men (and ignore women) who have seen a great deal more of the harsh realities of war than he ever will.

I went to screen shot the awesomness of all the Free Jingerians taking Dougie to task, and they have deleted it all. Dougie you are a tool. You suck. Jesus would be ashamed of you.

I looked at this again, just to take it all in, and I"m sorry. This is just stupid. Why? Why does he have to be there with these men? Put your photo on the back of the thing if you want on it. Why is he pictured with those men? Why are they all looking in crazy directions (which I think sends a bad message - no unity)?

Here's something I'd like to see Doug re-enact. Guess which part I think he should play?

-fQ6glHwV4I

I lost one grandfather on the beach at Normandy, and the other came back in body, but not in mind or spirit.

Yes, I clicked on this thread thinking "He couldn't possibly have topped his asshattery, could he?" Yes, he can. And he will again. I can't believe how unchecked this man's ego is. Without bounds.

Doug Phillips is the whole tool box. Hell, he is an aisle of Tools.

I lost one grandfather on the beach at Normandy, and the other came back in body, but not in mind or spirit.

Yes, I clicked on this thread thinking "He couldn't possibly have topped his asshattery, could he?" Yes, he can. And he will again. I can't believe how unchecked this man's ego is. Without bounds.

Doug Phillips is the whole tool box. Hell, he is an aisle of Tools.

Hell, he's the whole Home Depot!

To all of you with the family member service stories please give them a big hug from me. I can't imagine a more All-American hero than a serviceman. My grandfather was in WWII as well and though I never met him, from what I understand, he was never "right" again after coming home. Little Dougie boy can not comprehend those types of sacrifices.

Like the rest of you I'm appalled that Dougie wants to act like a hero, when he has done nothing. A few years ago I was standing on the tarmac with one of my college friends/sorority sisters when her husbands flag-draped casket was taken off the plane. I watched as an entire plane full of people one gate over stopped walking into the airport (it's a TINY airport) and stood with their hands over their hearts as he was wheeled to his wife. I watched her collapse with her arms wrapped around their almost two year old son and cry the most heart wrenching sounds I have ever heard in my life. And that much pain and emotion was just a precursor to the funeral and ensuing emotional meltdown they both endure every year when mom has to explain why they both might not make it through the Veterans' Day program in one piece.

That woman and her little boy have sacrificed more for this country than you ever will Dougie! And you acting like a know-it-all just belittles it!

Amen, Maroon Mandy! This is the kind of thing Dougie needs to read - real suffering & sacrifice; not the "persecution" variety that gets thrown around by the fundie crowd. My sympathies for your friend and her little boy & I'm honored by her husband's service.

*ETA: The FB wall is too clean - let's muddy it up a bit, shall we. Idle interns are the devil's playground.

More proof that the interns (or Capt. Dougie himself) reads here. Today Dougie decided to post a new poster thanking the vets for their service. Dougie in all this toolness is absent this time.

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/

Hi Interns!! :greetings-wavingyellow:

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

Finish the following sentence from the FB Vision Forum page...

Dougs Blog: Pearl Harbor 70th Anniversary - Follow Bill Potter and Doug Phillips on Twitter as they...

Finish the following sentence from the FB Vision Forum page...

Dougs Blog: Pearl Harbor 70th Anniversary - Follow Bill Potter and Doug Phillips on Twitter as they...

tweet sweet nothings to each other.

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

Homo Depot, indeed.

depot phillips! that can be his new nickname :P

If you have a facebook account you could try the VF wall.

http://www.facebook.com/visionforum?sk=wall

**Doug Philips is a Tool**

I am a veteran, my siblings are veterans, our parents were WWII veterans, and my niece just returned from Iraq. I've posted on the VF wall before and had my posts removed.

67 Army Nurses and 16 Navy Nurses were POWs during WWII. Bet Dougie totally ignores the women who served.

From Dougie's Twitter Feed:

The Phillips children are in vintage attire which has opened many doors of discussion for us with the veterans who feel honored to see this.

Let's see how much RT airfare between TX & HNL, assuming an Austin or DFW departure comes to...

Using Kayak, I guesstimated a RT that allowed for about 8 days on the ground in HNL.

Lowest airfare for early-mid December was $978 and most were over $1K. For a family of 10 + Bill Potter, never mind the VF strap-hangers, that comes to at least $10,750. Then there's hotel, car rental, meals, etc., etc. I'll bet we're looking at $15-20K, minimum for this "ministry."

DOUG PHILLIPS - YOU'RE A TOOL.

The 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor is two days off (December 7). I wish there was something we could do to emphasize to Dougie how much of a TOOL he is.

I love the comments of the VF facebook page! Lets see if they answer or delete. I'm guessing they will delete pretty quick.

I didn't notice when it happened, but the comments are gone now.

oh, and because twin2 inspires me -

Doug Phillips is a tool

I just..... am so angry. Just how self-absorbed do you have to be to do something like this??

One of my grandfathers was at Normandy; he is one of only two soldiers from his unit to survive. My other grandfather was at Pearl Harbor and was medically discharged. My father was in the Navy Special Forces during the Cold War, and there were a couple of times when their submarine very nearly didn't make it back. He can't talk about it, still, nearly 40 years later.

The level narcissism and complete lack of in-touch-with-reality-ness are mind boggling.

Archived