IGNORED

Further Proof Doug Phillips is a Tool

twin2

"A Final Farewell"

Hey veterans, you'll be dead soon. Isn't it great!

Ugh, Dougie, there are no words.

This is the same guy who wants to "celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic". Cus' nothin' screams have a party more than thousands of people dying a slow, cold death.

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone see exactly what those little tabs on his collar are? He wouldn't actually be wearing military medals, would he?? Silly me, of course he would, but it would be nice if someone could confirm or not.

I try very hard not to take The Lord's name in vain, but I really cannot come up with anything else other than:

This is ri-goddamn-diculous.

You never served, asshole, not even during peacetime. And I have a strong suspicion that if you were old enough to be drafted during say, the Vietnam war, you would have done everything you could to get out of it. If you're so fucking patriotic, why don't you take that son of yours down to a recruiter's office and get his pretty little ass signed up? Then he can really see the world, and not just through the eyes of his delusional father.

GAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :angry-screaming:

edited for multiple anger-induced riffles

My maternal grandfather is/was (he died almost two years ago) a veteran and he never made a big deal about it. In fact, his children and grandchildren knew nothing about some very important things he did until his funeral, when the local veteran's association came to honor him.

He was a real patriot who loved America for all its flaws. It makes me really sad that Dougie can claim these honors coming from a place of safety and privilege even while advocating to change the principles for which veterans risked their lives.

My paternal grandfather was also in the military and missed most of his children's lives because of it. I don't know a lot about that situation because my father's family kinda backed away when my parents divorced and then disappeared completely when he died, they never approved of my mother so they pretended we didn't exist.

I have a pile of veterans in my family; both my grandfathers (WW2), my stepdad (Vietnam) and my dad and my brother were both in the Air Force though neither was in a war. There's probably others. I would really really like to get my mother's dad and my stepdad, in particular, together to tear Dougie a new one. Oh to be a fly on the wall in the afterlife! (It'll have to be there, Granddad's been gone for awhile.)

I didn't think I needed more proof of Dougie's toolishness. Wow.

My husband said it best when he looked at the poster "He's trying to pass himself off as one of them". Really. That makes me so angry I can't speak and I see 18 shades of red. I'd like to see Dougie in battle - my money would be on the senario where he gets shot for deserting.

My older brother was shot at Normandy soon after he landed on the beach. He was captured and spent time in a German POW camp. I'm sorry, but to see Doug's asshat face on that ad just makes me want to puke. How dare he think he's as good as those men who fought there? He isn't fit to tie their shoes.

Doug Phillips is a lily livered faker

He should support today's military instead of writing propaganda against them all the time if he wants to respect veterans. Or at least contribute to veterans' associations or something.

What a tool.

This is the same guy who wants to "celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic". Cus' nothin' screams have a party more than thousands of people dying a slow, cold death.

I really hope that party is on a boat...that starts flooding...so we can have youtube video of Dougie, sitting in a life boat wearing a dress. :P

This is extremely disrespectful and very poor taste. Really.

Q0WSw.jpg

:lol:

I made a few, as well, and posted them on the LOLDoug thread -- you might want to copy yours there, too, so it is "archived" as an LOLDoug!

that's just disgraceful. i also have family members that are vets - my uncle was in vietnam and my brother was in the air force during the cold war [he was actually stationed over in germany when the wall fell...and i have a piece of the wall that he got for me!] - and i find this in very, very bad taste.

dougie, put yourself through what those vets went through, and then, maybe, you can be pictured on a cover with them. maybe. [still might not let you because you're still just a giant tool]

I'm a new member but have been lurking for awhile. I just posted on Vision Forum's facebook page, "Why are you on the cover of Normandy A Final Fairwell when you aren't a WWII vet?". I'm guessing it will get deleted.

As the daughter and niece of WW II vets, I find this SO appalling.

HOW does someone develop an ego like this after accomplishing, basically, nothing?

My husband said it best when he looked at the poster "He's trying to pass himself off as one of them". Really. That makes me so angry I can't speak and I see 18 shades of red. I'd like to see Dougie in battle - my money would be on the senario where he gets shot for deserting.

This was pretty much my husband's reaction. He's a WWII buff, but you'll never see him at a re-enactment, although he might make a trip to Normandy one day to pay respects to ALL the soldiers, not just the white fundamentalists (bonus points if Southern) that Dougie thinks are the TRUE patriots. Tell that to my husband's dad, a good Christian man who my MIL believes is in Heaven. A place Dougie will never see. My dad, another good Christian man, was too young for WWII and missed being called until after Korea, but he put in his four years of service (I have a gorgeous piece of artwork he made from copper and framed in teak from the Philippines) and got a nearly free college/grad degree for his service. All four of his brothers served, although the youngest was never sent overseas; he was called up very late in the war.

I wonder how Dougie feels about other vets who took "advantage" of the GI Bill? Does the fact they sucked off the teat of the ebil gubmint (I think that's the stock verbiage) negate their beliefs, especially if they became extremists like Anaconda Man later in life?

My grandfather was a WWII vet. My dad is a Vietnam vet. I have a whole bunch of friends who are/were in the military, some of them even going to Afghanistan. I had to comfort my nephew when he was depressed over his dad being over there!

And Dougie here has the balls to try to pass as one of them?

I can't even come up with a word foul enough to describe him.

I love the comments of the VF facebook page! Lets see if they answer or delete. I'm guessing they will delete pretty quick.

Vision Forum is putting out their final video about their tribute to WWII vets. Here it is:

i3cs2q.jpg

What a Ham. What a self-centered girlie dandy.

I posted something on the VF wall. Two people "liked" it. Wonder if they're FJers, or if word has been spread beyond our little community...

Dougie has a VERY GOOD reason for not having served, y'all. He was afraid that if they asked, he'd have to tell. :twisted:

But it's all clear now, Dougie. You can be yourself AND serve your country like the great patriot you are.

@Rachel FTW! And the title "A Final Farewell" is in appalling taste. Way to remind these brave men--who actually served in the US Military--that they're elderly and will all too soon be with us no longer.

I don't know if this was one of you... but I thought the same thing. From the VF FB page...

I don't know if this was one of you... but I thought the same thing. From the VF FB page...

That was me. *curtseys* It makes me extra mad because my dad was a proud sailor during WWII, and got close enough to kamikaze planes to see them explode. He was braver as a 20-year-old kid than Dougie will ever be. Oh, and my dad was a life-long Christian. Bite me, Dougie.

I didn't even notice the title, the picture got all my attention. And not in a good way. Dougie, Dougie, Dougie...you only wish you were half as awesome as those gentlemen.

Archived