IGNORED

Bethany is finally getting hitched

fundiefan

The Morton blog just got updated with some new pictures..In the first picture (black and white) you can see Beth holding a baby and by the the way she looks at him I'll guess she is really pretty much in love with him. Good for her!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MamaAnt posted something awhile ago with pics from a wedding shower for Bethany - a different one from the New Year's weekend. Also I notice in the Morton post Ophelia refers to there's some practice at church for dancing, seemingly after the ball. Dollars to donuts, if this isn't a regular event and they need to practice, this is meant for Bethany's wedding. Furthermore, I'm willing to bet it's being filmed for the documentary/reality show. What I wonder is, if that is so, whether there will be a media blackout for the wedding itself.

Foot-washing at a wedding to show submissiveness....

This disturbs me on so many levels. That woman was so thoroughly beaten down that she's smiling in pride at showing how well she's been trained.

His medallion looks like a Kairos cross. I know a lot of people who got them after going on Kairos retreats. They are based on Ignatian spirituality but apparently are not exclusively Catholic. They were huge at the Catholic high schools near me and I know my college (Jesuit) does them but they always seemed too touchy-feely to me. I wonder if he also went on one... seems too Catholic though.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kairos_(retreat)

Picture of the cross: http://www.terrasanctaguild.com/mm5/mer ... Code=cat23

Kressant was allowed to hold hands with Michael, I think. All the kids have done things ever-so-slightly differently. Since Bethany's presumably being filmed, but also marrying into a more relaxed family, I'm all the more curious to see what will happen.

Sorry, I'm-Little-Miss-Tardy-Late-for-the-Party: Filmed? Are they going to have their own show or documentary? Please tell me Cap't whats-his-butt won't have any crappily choreographed fundie dancing in this fundie freakshow. I'll have to take a pass otherwise. I will not be able to keep from projectile vomiting and being defrauded.

I just looked at the website. For the love of St. Brigid, don't these fundies know you never get married on the hour? You always get married on the half hour so the hands of the clock are going upward. It's good luck. DUH! If you get married on the hour, the hands of the clock are going down and that is bad luck. Bad karma. It might cut down on their blessings.

Sorry, I'm-Little-Miss-Tardy-Late-for-the-Party: Filmed? Are they going to have their own show or documentary? Please tell me Cap't whats-his-butt won't have any crappily choreographed fundie dancing in this fundie freakshow. I'll have to take a pass otherwise. I will not be able to keep from projectile vomiting and being defrauded.

They are being filmed for a "documentary" on betrothal. The production company is legit, albeit new; they're behind that new Betty White prank show. There used to be an easier link to the trailer, but looks like the production company has taken it down. For now, go to e6-4[DOT]com, select Learn More from the top menu, then Biblical Betrothal, then videos about said subject.

Ok, I'm tardy to the party because I've spent the last few days reading about this family but the one thing that bothers me the most about this blog other than the fact that they all seem to live in a compound-like neighborhood together.. why on earth does this chick keep borrowing someone else's camera? I have a DSLR. If someone I knew kept asking me to borrow it like once a month, after a few months I'd wonder why they couldn't just buy their own damn camera.

divadivine: never heard that one! As you mention St Brigid I am leaping to the conclusion that you are of Irish Catholic descent?

In our church weddings were 11.15, 12.30, 1.45, 3.00 and 4.15 - normally not all of them, though occasionally we had a full day (maybe once each summer).

My husband's childhood church was in the centre of town and spaced weddings every 45 minutes (no being 15 minutes late for those brides).

divadivine: never heard that one! As you mention St Brigid I am leaping to the conclusion that you are of Irish Catholic descent?

In our church weddings were 11.15, 12.30, 1.45, 3.00 and 4.15 - normally not all of them, though occasionally we had a full day (maybe once each summer).

My husband's childhood church was in the centre of town and spaced weddings every 45 minutes (no being 15 minutes late for those brides).

Yes, a proud very Irish Catholic- my ancestors are from Co. Antrim in Northern Ireland.

OT, but a funny St. Brigid story:

My friend's daughter, who was 7 at the time, was sitting in the backseat of the car. It was absolutely bone chilling cold and the traffic was awful which made it impossible for me to turn into their driveway. After sitting there for about 5 minutes, I was so frustrated, I said "OH FOR THE LOVE OF ST. BRIGID are WE EVER going to be able to TURN??" Little Miss in the Backseat (who is way too smart for her own good) says "St. Frigid? Is that the patron saint of ice and snow? I've never heard of St. Frigid. Maybe my teacher just hasn't gotten to that one yet?" (She was in 2nd grade and preparing for First Communion, so she was learning about the saints) Well, I almost wrecked the car. I had to repeat it "St. Brigid-- BUH- like the letter B, Brigid" Little Miss in the Backseat responds "OH! BRIGID!! I thought you said FRIGID! Because you do know, frigid means very cold. It made total sense to me!" She was so proud of herself and her comment. She had to tell her Mom all about it when she walked in the door.

Yep. But since most of the bloggers don't live in her area I expect it might be a few days til we see any pics. Plus Addie hasn't even gotten around to the New Year's Ball...

Yeesh! Am I the only one who couldn't get into FJ all day, til now?

Looks like people had fun at this wedding. I also see some above-the-knee skirts!

The pictures are really nice and it seems like the guests really had fun. Hard to imagine what most of them believe and stand for!

I neither understand the red in the dress.. maybe we'll get some explanations in the next day.

I'll guess she announces a pregnancy before april!!

I love the last woman ("Profile Pic") - that slinky leopard-print mini is hardly fundie-approved (although she really pulls it off) 8-)

Dislike the red on the dress, really cute pics with the frames and the mustaches(I LOVE those things and was planning something similar damn it. I was my idea first!)

I know that the photo booth/props thing is something that's quite popular among wedding photographers nowadays; however, I can't help but think that this is due to the influence of the Lanes, and that a Papa Smith-run wedding would never be so... fun, with something frivolous and lacking in epistemological meaning.

Archived