IGNORED

Bethany is finally getting hitched

fundiefan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

knocked up in the wedding night.

I am glad they drove to the hospital.. all these homebirths without a doctor or a midwife just make me want to scream!

Wondering who would be the next fundie girl to court (Abbi S? Addie M?) gave me a sudden thought: I can't believe fundies haven't developed a "coming out" season for these girls - yet.

Guest Anonymous

Wow!! It's about time! I think her sisters were both under 20 when the got married! I wonder if he is the first man to "come-a-courting".....

Yes. *sigh* Sami. She's 18. She seems like a sweet girl, but she strikes me as a tad immature. My money's on her getting together with her older sister's husband's younger brother, if that makes sense.

Guest Anonymous
Yes. *sigh* Sami. She's 18. She seems like a sweet girl, but she strikes me as a tad immature. My money's on her getting together with her older sister's husband's younger brother, if that makes sense.

What do you mean? The first part?

Something about Sami makes me sigh. I feel badly for her, somehow. She's not even as sophisticated as the other fundie girls. She seems to get along with the V boy, which is why I think they'll wind up together, but if she had to compete locally for boys it'd be hard on her, I think.

She doesn't have her own blog anymore. And even though she's on Buzz and G+ and she's technically 18, I still feel wrong, like she's a minor. But she's frequently pictured, and sometimes she even posts, on MamaAnt's blog: mechanicsfamily.blogspot.com/ (the oldest daughter pictured in the recent posts)

Guest Anonymous
Something about Sami makes me sigh. I feel badly for her, somehow. She's not even as sophisticated as the other fundie girls. She seems to get along with the V boy, which is why I think they'll wind up together, but if she had to compete locally for boys it'd be hard on her, I think.

She doesn't have her own blog anymore. And even though she's on Buzz and G+ and she's technically 18, I still feel wrong, like she's a minor. But she's frequently pictured, and sometimes she even posts, on MamaAnt's blog: mechanicsfamily.blogspot.com/ (the oldest daughter pictured in the recent posts)

All that from pics!?!?!?

No, this is stuff I've picked up over time from her old (now deleted) blog, comments on her sister's and friends' blogs and buzz posts, etc. I'm not a wizard, you know (Extras reference). :P

Guest Anonymous
No, this is stuff I've picked up over time from her old (now deleted) blog, comments on her sister's and friends' blogs and buzz posts, etc. I'm not a wizard, you know (Extras reference). :P

Oh ok I didn't know if you had meet her...

WHAT?!??!? Not a wizard??!?lol

Kressant was allowed to hold hands with Michael, I think. All the kids have done things ever-so-slightly differently. Since Bethany's presumably being filmed, but also marrying into a more relaxed family, I'm all the more curious to see what will happen.

Iam really surprised that Kressant and Rachel had different courting rules. They married into the same family and only a year or so appart. Maybe they trusted Rachel less?

Iam really surprised that Kressant and Rachel had different courting rules. They married into the same family and only a year or so appart. Maybe they trusted Rachel less?

They don't have their courtship model 'perfect' yet and tweak it with each one. Or, something like that. I'm sure they are trying to make it more perfect for the next one so no two are ever the same. How can they be? Courtship how to's aren't written in the bible. The daddy's have to make it up as they go along and because of that, they get to change the rules whenever they want.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, it's a potluck wedding.

I wonder why? I mean, her older sisters who married Morton boys got grand affairs. She gets a BBQ potluck. Choice? Lack of a Morton show manager? Daddy blew his wad on the first two family circuses, er, weddings?

Oh, it's a potluck wedding.

I wonder why? I mean, her older sisters who married Morton boys got grand affairs. She gets a BBQ potluck. Choice? Lack of a Morton show manager? Daddy blew his wad on the first two family circuses, er, weddings?

The Lanes are a unknown in this, but I'm tempted to say she wanted it to be quick above all else. Also, I'm pretty sure the Smorton weddings all had some aspect of food contributed by their "church", I know Darthy and at least one of the other girls cakes were homemade. Beth's just a lot more present on the web for us to know/snark on it.

Archived