IGNORED

Bethany is finally getting hitched

fundiefan

Can someone give me a smith/morton/sanders family tree or something, please? How many members of these families are married to eachother? I'm confused.

All the married children and their children's names as I know them arranged oldest to youngest.

Andrew Fanning and Lora Lynn Sanders

--

Samuel

Ian

Adam

Ellen

Willa

Miracle Jane

Finnley (due this winter)

Alan Smith and Katie Morton

--

Brett Alan

Ronald Michael

Catherine Esther

Wallace Johnson

Anna Grace

Michael Beveridge Morton Jr. and Kressant Amanda Smith

--

Michael Beveridge III

Carlos Phineas

Jonathan DeWet

Isabella Grace

William Cleveland Morton and Lise Marie Kendall

--

Wesley Morton and Rachel Lea Smith

--

Joseph Wesley

William Stone

Baby #3

Noah Sanders and Dorothy Morton

--

Enoch Timothy

Danny Lane and Bethany Smith

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lanes at the most recent New Year's ball (which reminds me, it's December and I haven't seen anything about one this year) : mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2011/01/twirling-mrs.html

An interesting tidbit I just remembered/realized/thought about...all three of the Morton/Smith marriages happened within a year.

Katie Morton is married to Alan Smith

Kressant Smith is married to Michael Morton

Rachel Smith is married to Wesley Morton

Dorothy Morton is married to Noah Sanders

No doubt there will be more in the future and the young un's come of age. All families still have some little ones along with their teenagers/early 20-somethings. They just don't quite match up in age at this point. Wait, most all of the little one's in all three families are boys, right? That won't work. They'll figure something out. There are quite a few other families they all hang out with, so stay tuned. I'm sure that before the decade is out, they will all be related to each other in some way or another. The Campanas (?), Roberts/Robertsons (?), apparently the Lanes who I don't recall ever hearing of but being the L family could explain that...

eta spelling sucks

Also often featured in photos is the Decker (I believe) family... but they recently moved to Korea. Unclear if it's some temporary missionary thing or a long-term thing. But that's more teen-to-twenties boys and girls.

All the married children and their children's names as I know them arranged oldest to youngest.

Andrew Fanning and Lora Lynn Sanders

--

Samuel

Ian

Adam

Ellen

Willa

Miracle Jane

Finnley (due this winter)

Alan Smith and Katie Morton

--

Brett Alan

Ronald Michael

Catherine Esther

Wallace Johnson

Anna Grace

Michael Beveridge Morton Jr. and Kressant Amanda Smith

--

Michael Beveridge III

Carlos Phineas

Jonathan DeWet

Isabella Grace

William Cleveland Morton and Lise Marie Kendall

--

Wesley Morton and Rachel Lea Smith

--

Joseph Wesley

William Stone

Baby #3

Noah Sanders and Dorothy Morton

--

Enoch Timothy

Danny Lane and Bethany Smith

Excuse my French, but WTF kind of name is Kressant? Were they eating crescent rolls for dinner one night and thought "WOW! Cool name, let's be uber stupid and change some letters and name our kid Kressant! Sounds like a fabulous idea! Were they channeling the Duggars there? Is that a Fundie thing- change the spelling of names so our kids have stupid names people can't spell?

Oh, and my snark doesn't stop there. Miracle Jane? What, it's a miracle we had another baby so let's name her Miracle and throw in the name Jane for fun? That's almost as bad as Living Hope! Carlos Phineas-- were they going through some bilingual phase? Some little white, anglo-saxon fundie is named Carlos. Hello, identity crisis. Phineas-- clearly I am guessing they didn't get the name Phineas from A Separate Peace because I don't think any Fundie kid would have ever been able to get their hands on that book. Do they just find names in a book and think "Oh, that's *CUTE*! Let's name our child ______!" I am sure these folks are also not Irish, so I want to bitch slap them for using the name Finnley because it's trendy and different.

WTH is up with Enoch? Were they going through a Hebrew phase?

Do they not think about how the names sound when they put them together? Or do they just pick two names and slap them together? I mean, if you're going to have a flippin' army of baybeeez why not just throw names together? UGH! I'm done ranting..... for now.

Miracle is the adopted baby. Her given (Uganda) name was Mira, I think... so they named her Miracle so she could keep it? .... Anyway, they call her Mira.

OH! Another family is the W. family, which I'm reasonably sure is the Whiddon family. A bunch of blonde girls in their late teens, I think. I wonder if there's passive-agressive catfighting among this crew - there's so many more girls of "marriageable age" than boys.

EDIT And the MamaAnt family, of course.

Excuse my French, but WTF kind of name is Kressant? Were they eating crescent rolls for dinner one night and thought "WOW! Cool name, let's be uber stupid and change some letters and name our kid Kressant! Sounds like a fabulous idea! Were they channeling the Duggars there? Is that a Fundie thing- change the spelling of names so our kids have stupid names people can't spell?

Oh, and my snark doesn't stop there. Miracle Jane? What, it's a miracle we had another baby so let's name her Miracle and throw in the name Jane for fun? That's almost as bad as Living Hope! Carlos Phineas-- were they going through some bilingual phase? Some little white, anglo-saxon fundie is named Carlos. Hello, identity crisis. Phineas-- clearly I am guessing they didn't get the name Phineas from A Separate Peace because I don't think any Fundie kid would have ever been able to get their hands on that book. Do they just find names in a book and think "Oh, that's *CUTE*! Let's name our child ______!" I am sure these folks are also not Irish, so I want to bitch slap them for using the name Finnley because it's trendy and different.

Do they not think about how the names sound when they put them together? Or do they just pick two names and slap them together? I mean, if you're going to have a flippin' army of baybeeez why not just throw names together? UGH! I'm done ranting..... for now.

Miracle was adopted, her Ugandan birth mother picked it because Mira almost died at birth. I believe Jane is a Sanders family name. The Smiths are Puerto Rican, at least partially, hence Carlos. Enoch and Kressant...yeah I'll give you that one.

The Deckers are in the military, stationed there for probably 4 years or so?

Does anybody know anything more about the Groom/Groom's Family?

From the pictures they posted from the snowboarding trip, it looks like he might have attended Griffin Technical College in GA.

Other than his occasional appearance on the S'morton blogs all I can garner is that he comes from a fairly large family -- http://1.bp.blog$pot.com/_GpPaMTAnVgU/T ... 1_0703.JPG -- and his family runs some sort of home canning/gardening business -- http://downthelanecreatives.blog$pot.com/ --

(links broken by replacing the $ w/ s)

Thanks everybody. They always seem to be having such a good time in their pictures with such a big happy family. I do envy that about them.

Far be it from me to ever defend something LL does because she actually makes me pretty ill. But, Mira's name - she was named Miracle by her birth mother and while not common, I give a bit of credit to LL & her husband for keeping it and not taking everything from her when they thrust her into their way of life. The middle name, Jane, is after a grandmother - LL's 'adopted' grandmother...so, I'm guessing Wendy Sanders' mother, or maybe grandmother. Which, tied to Mira also being adopted, and in honor of a grandparent, works.

I promise, I will never again be able to defend that woman.

Does anybody know anything more about the Groom/Groom's Family?

From the pictures they posted from the snowboarding trip, it looks like he might have attended Griffin Technical College in GA.

Other than his occasional appearance on the S'morton blogs all I can garner is that he comes from a fairly large family -- http://1.bp.blog$pot.com/_GpPaMTAnVgU/T ... 1_0703.JPG -- and his family runs some sort of home canning/gardening business -- http://downthelanecreatives.blog$pot.com/ --

(links broken by replacing the $ w/ s)

Yeah, you know about as much as I do. The two sisters used to pop up all the time on fundie google buzz accounts - Brittany and McKinney. They are homeschooled, I THINK, but they seem way more... sophisticated than the typical fundie set. They wear normal clothes, and the younger girl actually works at a pizza place (zomg), they quote modern pop songs and watch modern movies (all the ones I've seen mentioned are PG, but still). The more I think about it, the more this could be the best possible choice for Beth.

About the feet washing - did you see this picture of the water after the washing? Yuck! That water is so murky his feet must have been filthy. You'd think you would wash your feet for your wedding day - maybe not if you're going to wear such dirty boots anyway.

photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2890/1658/1600/6666300-R1-041-19.jpg

Oh, one thing to note from all the pics of the new fiance - he seems to have the exact same smile in EVERY photo, regardless of the situation. So he may not look super-into it, but maybe that's just his face. :P

Far be it from me to ever defend something LL does because she actually makes me pretty ill. But, Mira's name - she was named Miracle by her birth mother and while not common, I give a bit of credit to LL & her husband for keeping it and not taking everything from her when they thrust her into their way of life. The middle name, Jane, is after a grandmother - LL's 'adopted' grandmother...so, I'm guessing Wendy Sanders' mother, or maybe grandmother. Which, tied to Mira also being adopted, and in honor of a grandparent, works.

I promise, I will never again be able to defend that woman.

Ok, no problem with the name Miracle because of the whole story behind the name. I didn't have a problem with Jane, but when you look at the name in print, it doesn't make sense until you know the story behind it all. My cousin and his wife adopted two girls from China and kept their Chinese names they were given at the orphanage. So, I totally understand and appreciate keeping the birth name.

One of those people finder sites has Alan born in '83 and Kressant in '87 but I can't find Rachel or Bethany. Kressant was way younger than I realized when she got married, about 18 or 19ish.

Yeah, it's stuck in my head that Rachel was only 17 or so when she got married.

That would fit with 2 to 3 years younger than Kress, born in '89-90 would make her 21-22 now. Beth would be 20 at the max. So so young.

Mr and Mrs. Morton are 59 and 51.

Katie (listed as Catherine) and Alan are 28

Cleve is 25.

Wes is 23.

Kressant is only 25?? Well, that probably means she will end up with 15+ children considering her fertility.. poor girl!

Yeah, I didn't know Katie and Kressant are as young as they are. With all the references they've made to Katie wondering WHEN she'd finally get married I totally thought she was in her late 20s when she got married. And not to be a total bitch but all three - Katie, Kressant, and Rachel - have a very middle-aged vibe going about them. If I didn't know better I'd guess Rachel was 25 at least. Course, it reminds me of pioneer women, who were probably no more than their mid-20s but usually played by women at least 10 years older...

I just found this video on youtube and there Rachel seems to be really young. She looks young, her voice sounds young and she is really a teenie girl if you ask me. The video was shot after Kressant's wedding (in 2007 or 2006?) so she was probably about 16 years old. When you see her now it seems like she didn't turn 17 or 18 at all, because she looks so much older. Instead she looks as if she was 25. Must be motherhood, the loss of her baby or the knowledge that all she is ever going to be is a brood mare.

Yeah, I didn't know Katie and Kressant are as young as they are. With all the references they've made to Katie wondering WHEN she'd finally get married I totally thought she was in her late 20s when she got married. And not to be a total bitch but all three - Katie, Kressant, and Rachel - have a very middle-aged vibe going about them. If I didn't know better I'd guess Rachel was 25 at least. Course, it reminds me of pioneer women, who were probably no more than their mid-20s but usually played by women at least 10 years older...

I absolutely agree with this. I'm 27 and I assumed all these women were around my age or older (esp. Katie/Kressy), not quite a big younger.. they just seem so much more middle-aged. But then isn't that how it goes? It sort of reminds me of Gone With the Wind (and they'd probably approve of the comparison) when Scarlett, at the Wilkes barbeque, scoffing at the wives and mothers in their boring dresses, gossiping, and noting how you can go from a flirtatious young belle in colorful dresses to a stuffy matron all within a few months.

Yeah, I'm 28 and I absolutely thought Katie is older than I am, and that maybe Kressant was my age. I also thought Cleve was my age. I cannot imagine having had - what, five kids? - by now. Even the most fertile Myrtle I attended school with just had her fourth - and she got married right out of high school, so the spacing is wider.

Yeah, I'm 28 and I absolutely thought Katie is older than I am, and that maybe Kressant was my age. I also thought Cleve was my age. I cannot imagine having had - what, five kids? - by now. Even the most fertile Myrtle I attended school with just had her fourth - and she got married right out of high school, so the spacing is wider.

Yeah, this makes me a bit more weirded out by the Smortons than I was before - I assumed that Katie and Kressy both had 4 and Rachel had 2(+miscarriage +expected) but that Kressy/Katie were close to 30 now and Rachel was 26/27. The only people I know from high school that even have kids have one child - and fairly young ones at that. Granted, I grew up in New England, and I think the general marriage age is much higher here. By the time Kressy and Rachel and Katie are actually the ages I think they are now, they may well have 7-8+ kids each. And keep going.

So Cleve is almost five years younger than Lise? Interesting. I had pegged them as closer in age. I do wonder if her age was an attraction, in so much as she probably won't be able to have as many children as K/K/R. Maybe he (or maybe they both) figured out that he'd rather have a family of 4-5 kids or fewer.

Just came across this old post from the birth of Rachel's first son - she couldn't have been more than 19, if not 18 (I haven't backtracked to see exactly when she got married). Yeesh. mortonclan.blogspot.com/2008/05/baby.html

Archived