IGNORED

Oh, Poor Poor Stacey!

bea

Here's the info on the McDonalds and Richard Guenther (der aber mann) (the poor guy)

mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/2009/04/saga-of-richard-guenther-aka-jefferson.html

and the blog of the biological mother of Tiffany, James VI, Melissa and the other one

sandysplace-sandy.blogspot.com/

ETA that the R. Guenther saga is brainsample's page! Woot!

How... hmm. How would that even work? RICO, I mean. That doesn't -- hmm. Yeah, I'm perplexed.

Thatmom will copy her podcasts and send them to you on CD if you have trouble with streaming or downloads of her podcasts.

Please note that I never received a copy of the letter that names me, and I didn't want to accept a copy of it from Karen. If I'm going to get sued, I think that at the very least, that as an American citizen, I have the right to be served by that attorney. I'm not accepting some stupid email version of a letter that someone else received which is why I saw the whole thing as a mere threat anyway. But from the verbal report of the letter, I understand that James and Stacy claimed that Karen and I were in business together and would gain profit by the "sale" of Karen's free, downloadable podcasts. Their evidence for this was the fact that Karen will send you a CD if you send her a nominal fee which I understand barely covers her own costs. Ironically, anything either of us has done along these lines never involved profit of any kind, and we've actually both participated in these endeavors at a loss. When I presented my lecture on patriarchy (http://vimeo.com/channels/freecwc#14809541), I even had to pay a registration fee to attend the meeting itself, even though I was an invited speaker.

In a cease and desist letter, you want to come across as mean and scary as possible, so this was a part of their posturing. That's why it makes sense as a scare tactic, not necessarily because it makes any kind of sense logically. I think it was also a reference to the whole Cheryl Lindsey/Gentle Spirit history, as I understand that she argued racketeering (which I think was legitimate, based upon what I know about the case). I believe that what I presented online could be substantiated in court, so it didn't really matter to me what they claimed. That's the nature of a cease and desist letter anyway. You say outlandish things to freak people out so that they get intimidated and will do whatever it is you want them to do.

Here's the info on the McDonalds and Richard Guenther (der aber mann) (the poor guy)

mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/2009/04/saga-of-richard-guenther-aka-jefferson.html

and the blog of the biological mother of Tiffany, James VI, Melissa and the other one

Here's the whole, long, original saga from whence I developed the "Saga of Richard Guenther," borrowing characters from "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

hsislegal.com/hslda_destroys_german_homeschool_movement/

At the point when I posted the altered verson, I did not know how long the original information would remain offline or whether it would reappear. I didn't know if HSLDA would pursue me for libel if I posted the whole thing, and I didn't have permission from the original source to reproduce the whole thing anyway, only the limited part of it that concerns James McDonald. So I just left out some of the particulars and specifics, but I retained the McDonald's names and Guenther's.

Read the whole thing at that HSIS Legal site. Guenther suggests that HSLDA violated their own charter (which technically puts their tax-exempt status at risk) and then left Guenther out in the cold. They also used Peacemaker Ministries to whittle away the statue of limitations so that Guenther would not have recourse to actually take them to court. But I'm sure that everyone's shredded all of their documentation by now and have used creative accounting to hide any evidence that would support what Guenther claims really happened.

Re Stacey's turbulent history: What.A.Mess.

Re Quivering Daughters: I have to call my elderly father when he gets up this morning and thank him for being the kind of guy who pushed his daughters to excel and not put limits on us. Again.

Heh...the talk of RICO triggered some memories from a non-religious part of my history.

Briefly put, there was a woman who had amassed a fair amount of knowledge about an historic era. Newcomers to the the group of people with an interest in the era either paid her honor as an expert, or were dismissed as pretenders, know-nothings.

If you paid her honor, she treated you with very unemotional but verbal respect and support. She set high standards for participation, then assured you that by buying her stuff and following her advice, you were achieving those standards.

Whether you had honored her or ignored her, if you crossed her, she would talk very frankly and openly about suing you in a court of law.

Long story short, after a while I perceived that this woman had some kind of personality quirk (I won't presume to diagnose "mental disorder") that prevents her from normal interaction with others.

She doesn't consider herself anyone's peer. She is smarter and more knowledgeable than anybody else. She alone is high-minded and guiltless in anything she undertakes. If you are not aligned with her ideas, goals and methods 100%, and if you continue to participate where she does, you are eventually going to be threatened with a lawsuit.

She maintains her business - which is centered around the era - by selling to people new to the community, as well as to repeat customers who either are her friends, or who know to make the transaction and scoot far, far away.

Anyway, that's all -- the talk of RICO threats, etc., reminded me of my past (never again!) dealings with this woman.

Oh, one other thing [RIP, Detective Columbo!]: At least one organization shut down after she sowed discontent, got into a position of leadership, and - in layman's terms - ruined the place. It's no longer in existence.

Another post on her blog - this time saying that "anti-legalists" are actually legalists.

Stacey just CANNOT LET THIS GO, y'all. She has to keep whacking that dead horse with that stick.

yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2011/06/sally-used-to-be-a-legalist/

Another post on her blog - this time saying that "anti-legalists" are actually legalists.

Stacey just CANNOT LET THIS GO, y'all. She has to keep whacking that dead horse with that stick.

yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2011/06/sally-used-to-be-a-legalist/

Yeah, well, she's being stupid and hypocritical. The same woman who whines that McFarland defines "abuse" too loosely yet has the temerity to throw the term "persecution" around and even apply it to herself. Even her back-peddle was self-serving and shallow.

Burris, I would be willing to pay ACTUALFAX CASH MONEY to see Stacey respond to a comment on her blog regarding how "persecution" is okay to use, but "abuse" isn't. In fact, I'm going to go comment there right now and see if she replies.

Here's the whole, long, original saga from whence I developed the "Saga of Richard Guenther," borrowing characters from "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

At the point when I posted the altered verson, I did not know how long the original information would remain offline or whether it would reappear. I didn't know if HSLDA would pursue me for libel if I posted the whole thing, and I didn't have permission from the original source to reproduce the whole thing anyway, only the limited part of it that concerns James McDonald. So I just left out some of the particulars and specifics, but I retained the McDonald's names and Guenther's.

Read the whole thing at that HSIS Legal site.

Unfortunately, it appears that the HSIS site has deleted many of the linked in pages that provide the background information to this saga. Does anyone else know where you can get it? I see that you can get some of the information here: mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately, it appears that the HSIS site has deleted many of the linked in pages that provide the background information to this saga. Does anyone else know where you can get it? I see that you can get some of the information here: mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/

They changed some of the stuff around, but it should all be here:

I guess I should go fix those broken links! I haven't touched that blog since the day of the last post. I took the original email from the printer down (stating how much debt they owed), but I refuse to take all reference to the matter offline, just because within a few days of the posting that James and Stacy started paying that debt (and my contact was not informed).

One of Stacy's followers claimed on her blog to be a "co-owner" of the magazine, so I asked her online if she was going to pay the outstanding debt which is more than some homeschooler's homes are valued, and POOF! James makes arrangements to start making payments after years and years of delinquency and evasion. And no one's supposed to find that fishy, I guess.

I call her Stacy McGothel. I don't remember if someone came up with it at the old FJ or if I did because she looks (and acts) like Mother Gothel in Tangled.

She really is something else. I would call her "special" (as in special-needs) but that sounds too nice.

Guest Anonymous
I call her Stacy McGothel. I don't remember if someone came up with it at the old FJ or if I did because she looks (and acts) like Mother Gothel in Tangled.

She really is something else. I would call her "special" (as in special-needs) but that sounds too nice.

I was thinking more along the lines of Madame Morrible in "Wicked". Where are Elphaba and her flying monkeys when you need them?

ETA that the R. Guenther saga is brainsample's page! Woot!

Okay - I saw the blog from James' first wife. That was just sad; it sounds like she must have been cut off from the children somehow. I don't know the story on that, but it just sounded really sad.

Archived