IGNORED

Family Economics Conference 2012 - Maxwells, Dougie and more

Guest purposing

still, if i were wheaton and the website had that disclaimer in big letters, i still wouldn't rent out room for them...

Rest easy. Wheaton's calendar of conferences, etc., for March 2012 is blessedly free of Kevin Swanson's Econo-fest:

http://wheaton.edu/Events-Calendar#/?i=1

It is interesting that Wheaton has its own center for economic studies:

http://wheaton.edu/WETN/All-Media/Lectu ... t%20Center

Makes me somewhat curious as to the location of the thing. IiRC Swanson's based in Colorado. Is Chicagoland just a more central area for conferees? The weather in March in both locations is equally iffy, I'd think.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't anybody here planning to go and snark?

I'm thinking of it. I'll be 67 by then and can be anyone's mother or nice old grandma.

I may go to this. I am friends with Steve and Teri, but I am curious about Doug--he seems completely out of left field to me and I want to see him in action and perhaps be special enough to meet him?

You're friends with the Maxwells?

I want to go if anyone else is. I'm the same age as Clibby and can go as the crazy aunt of the family. I already dress fundy and several frumpers. Oh! Now I have an excuse to buy that new frumper I've been eyeing! (Don't judge me, I'm a bad dresser. :lol: ) Or I could go as the cross dressing aunt/uncle. Wooohoo!

Isn't Wheaton Gothard's alma mater? Y'all gotta find out if he's bought himself a building yet.

The fundie trifecta. Pretty awesome, but I'll stay in sunny Cali (well, reasonably sunny...it's rainy season and all...) and work on a paper I'm sure will be due the following week.

Pity, because being in my late 40's, I could have taken on another 10-15 of the young FJers, practically up to age 30 for those who dare to play a SAHD who could be Sarah Max's new corrupting influence.....err...BFF.

I'm in St. Louis, and would seriously consider trucking the five or so hours up to the Chicago 'burbs to do this. I'm 24 years old with a master's degree, a full-time job, and I've had premarital sex. I think I could make a deliciously wayward daughter. Anyone want to "adopt" me for a few days in March?

well, i've almost committed to something that would occupy me for that time, so i wouldn't be able to go...but i would gladly miss the snarking for this possibility!

I'm in St. Louis, and would seriously consider trucking the five or so hours up to the Chicago 'burbs to do this. I'm 24 years old with a master's degree, a full-time job, and I've had premarital sex. I think I could make a deliciously wayward daughter. Anyone want to "adopt" me for a few days in March?

So THAT'S what happened to you. :mrgreen: I think I lost you on election night, '88. It was a bad night to be a "democrap."

Events like this make me annoyed I don't live in the states. I'm Sarah's age and since I couldn't take my kids (too obvious they haven't been switched) I could go as a SAHD.

I have a tall, blond, single brother fundie lite brother who would find this both sad and hilarious and can talk his way into pretty much any situation. He could be my de-facto headship (since my father wouldn't want a bar of it-even though he's uber Calvinist) and potential spouse for Sarah.

Archived