IGNORED

Family Economics Conference 2012 - Maxwells, Dougie and more

Guest purposing

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Wheaton is my alma mater! It's a conservative Christian college, in which they teach women to be anything they choose to be. Well, maybe not pastors, not openly anyway, but doctors, lawyers, businesswomen, etc. I can't believe they're allowing this conference on their campus, and I'm pretty sure its' during spring break as they wouldn't have the room while students are there. I think I'll send them a letter encouraging them to look at the ideas this conference is promoting, especially as it applies to education.

This scares me. I really hope this is not the in which direction Wheaton is heading. They're not anywhere near as crazy as Bob Jones and Pensacola Christian, or Patrick Henry College. Most VFers would not consider sending their kids there, at least not in the past.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if the Maxwells are going to stay for the entire conference. I just can't picture them at the Liberty Celebration. I watched the video and there are couples dancing!

ETA: I checked the Maxwells own site and they mention they'll be at the conference the 9th and 10th. So they'll miss the Sunday morning worship service on the 11th. I'm betting they'll leave after the conference on the 10th and skip the evening Liberty Celebration. That seems much more a Doug thing than a Maxwell thing.

I'm 41, I can be mom to everyone under 21,maybe 24,if my dad picked my husband and married me off young. :whistle:

clibbyjo, i think i would love it if you were my mother

eta: i could totes pass off myself as younger than 24. i really don't look it. i ALWAYS get carded for cigarettes, even!

clibbyjo, i think i would love it if you were my mother

eta: i could totes pass off myself as younger than 24. i really don't look it. i ALWAYS get carded for cigarettes, even!

Awww thanks. :) My daughter just told me she wishes I was "NORMAL".I consider that swearing at me using such a nasty word and me in the same sentence. She doesn't really wish I was normal, she just thinks that because she is 12. I told her I would do Reiki on her goalie who got a concussion today and she said "NO, don;t act all weird around them, then they will think I am like you!" The funny thing is she is exactly like me, I am ok if she does't want to admit it yet, she will one day. :whistle:

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Wheaton is my alma mater! It's a conservative Christian college, in which they teach women to be anything they choose to be. Well, maybe not pastors, not openly anyway, but doctors, lawyers, businesswomen, etc. I can't believe they're allowing this conference on their campus, and I'm pretty sure its' during spring break as they wouldn't have the room while students are there. I think I'll send them a letter encouraging them to look at the ideas this conference is promoting, especially as it applies to education.

This scares me. I really hope this is not the in which direction Wheaton is heading. They're not anywhere near as crazy as Bob Jones and Pensacola Christian, or Patrick Henry College. Most VFers would not consider sending their kids there, at least not in the past.

The conference web sites says in big letters: THIS CONFERENCE IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH WHEATON. I think they're just renting out space during a slow time of the semester.

I want to be part of the FJ family! Anyone got a wig, I suppose I could try and pass myself off as a bloke (shaved head) but I'm a 36C so I would have, er, hormonal issues or the biggest moobs on record. Also, most men are taller than five foot. ;)

I want to be part of the FJ family! Anyone got a wig, I suppose I could try and pass myself off as a bloke (shaved head) but I'm a 36C so I would have, er, hormonal issues or the biggest moobs on record. Also, most men are taller than five foot. ;)

You get the monocle and fake beard. We will pad you up and you will be an ex- war hero from Scotland. Doug will go crazy over your accent and war hero story.

By then I'll be almost 45. I can claim parentage of anyone say, 28 and under? 16/17 is apparently an acceptable age to become a mother in fundie land, right?

Only, I am a very poor not yet 45 year old and don't think I could afford a fundie conference just for grins. There is still time though, an employment miracle could happen by then, right?

Here's my "family economics" advice for the fundies:

1. If can't afford to buy real beds for your children, stop having children.

2. If you find yourself trying to divide 1 pound of hamburger between your twenty gazillion children, stop having children.

3. If you qualify for benefits, take them.

There, I just saved you $279. Take that money and start a college fund for your kids.

The conference web sites says in big letters: THIS CONFERENCE IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH WHEATON. I think they're just renting out space during a slow time of the semester.

still, if i were wheaton and the website had that disclaimer in big letters, i still wouldn't rent out room for them...

You get the monocle and fake beard. We will pad you up and you will be an ex- war hero from Scotland. Doug will go crazy over your accent and war hero story.

LOL! That would be so so epic. I'm a wee bit disabled too (don't walk well) which would only add to the veracity ;)

But I don't want to go anaconda hunting with him! I need an armed guard at all times!

LOL! That would be so so epic. I'm a wee bit disabled too (don't walk well) which would only add to the veracity ;)

But I don't want to go anaconda hunting with him! I need an armed guard at all times!

you could play it up like professor moody :lol:

Could we not get together an FJ 'family' of Duggar proportions to split the family rate? :D

Please, please, please can we do this?!? I live about 90 minutes from Chicago- I'll even put people up! I'm 26, but apparently still look 19, so I can be anyone's daughter... or just loan me a baby and I'll pretend to be starting my own brood!!

There's no way I could possibly get there, but I would so love to see a group of you go. :P

Me too! If you really go there you have to take A LOT of pictures!

I may go to this. I am friends with Steve and Teri, but I am curious about Doug--he seems completely out of left field to me and I want to see him in action and perhaps be special enough to meet him?

i bet it would be even more interesting if we go drunk. or at least a little tipsy.

You should get drunk afterwards.. during the conference you are undercover and might need to stay sober to pretend to be really great fundies.. who knows.. maybe you get a meet and greet with Dougie ;-)

i don't know if i could make it through the whole conference without at least a little bit of some form of intoxicant, though. i'm just not that strong, i don't think.

Me too! If you really go there you have to take A LOT of pictures!

Thirded!! I can't go for a whole variety of reasons but I'd love to see pics. Heck, I always like just seeing pictures of the Maxwells that aren't taken by them for their own blog (it becomes apparent just how much they pose for their own shots).

I've noticed that too. In their blog pictures, it's obvious that every one of them is super-conscious of his/her best angles. The shots aren't candid; they're totally posed.

I may go to this. I am friends with Steve and Teri, but I am curious about Doug--he seems completely out of left field to me and I want to see him in action and perhaps be special enough to meet him?

You're friends with Steve and Teri, but Doug seems out of left field to you? Please explain.

BTW, if I am not busy on those days, I may drive down to take some pictures and check it out. I'm interested in seeing these type of fundies, but I'm not paying $279 for that privelege!

They practically have their own version of the Kennedy compound.

Well, that is part of the reason so many QF/P families move out to farmland--they WANT a homegrown Kennedy Compound to raise up an army for the Lord who will not be corrupted by too many trips past KFC franchises and other sources of evil!!!!

Archived