IGNORED

Rebecca K !!!!111!!!! is reading "Sweet Journey"....

Justme

Rebecca has a video of Abby on her web site.

Where on her web site is this? I couldn't find it.

I was looking around the site a bit, and it looks like cousin Leona is perfectly normal, and has a nice home. Hopefully that means that if Rebecca ever is in any sort of danger with her family, she has a safe place to go.

Ah thanks, fundiefan. Somehow, the blog I went to only had her posts up until September (before the 2nd hiswayserves and hyphen, I guess).

They're right, John is shockingly hot in person.

I dropped into one of their conferences in the past year and he is just smokin! He even beelined over and make some small talk with me but quickly skedaddled after asking how many chidlren I had - I replied none, I'm only recently married, and I think he took that as a hint that my husband may be just around the corner... lol

But he was quite sweet, I think any fundie girl truly caught up in the lifestyle will find a good husband in him.

They're right, John is shockingly hot in person.

I dropped into one of their conferences in the past year and he is just smokin! He even beelined over and make some small talk with me but quickly skedaddled after asking how many chidlren I had - I replied none, I'm only recently married, and I think he took that as a hint that my husband may be just around the corner... lol

But he was quite sweet, I think any fundie girl truly caught up in the lifestyle will find a good husband in him.

Oooh, Cassia! You're lucky! Did you get to meet any of the others? We want a full report! :D

Someone wrote the following comment in response to Rebecca's latest blog article:

Rebecca -- I get the distinct feeling that your father is abusing you and your sister. I hope that's not true, but if it is, you need to tell an adult outside of your family. Tell one of the Maxwells -- they will help you.

At first, I suspected the author of this post was someone from here but then I got to the part about telling the Maxwells. So I wonder where this is coming from???

Someone wrote the following comment in response to Rebecca's latest blog article:

At first, I suspected the author of this post was someone from here but then I got to the part about telling the Maxwells. So I wonder where this is coming from???

I just checked her blog, and the comment seems to have been deleted. Hmmm. Wonder what that means?

Because she's all up in the Maxwells' fries hoping they'll let her court John or Joseph, right?

I completely believe this is the case--Rebecca wants a Maxwell husband and she'll take Joseph or John. I cannot even imagine this ever happening.

I don't really get the John-love either. Maybe because his expressions and the look in his eyes remind me too much of some of the super-fundy guys I know in real life who are entirely full of themselves and obnoxious.

John is absoluetly a sweetheart. Nice. funny. Talkative.

Guest Anonymous

I just checked her blog, and the comment seems to have been deleted. Hmmm. Wonder what that means?

It sounds like it would have come from someone who at least reads here. What a hideous thing to find on your blog; I'm not surprised it was taken down.

I think the point is that the communication was delivered. And if for whatever reason she actually IS being abused, she knows where to go. I think a lot of fundie girls don't know the definition of abuse or where to turn. She seems to be "in" with the Maxwells so maybe the poster thought that would be an easy place to reach?

She really DOES look deeply sad (those sunken eyes, the forced smile) and so does her sister. In their family photos, her father is the only one that looks to be happy. I hope there isn't abuse going on there, but so many times it appears as 20/20 hindsight.

Guest Anonymous

Whose "point" has been delivered, though? Apart from a couple of suggestions on your own your "sensitive" thread, I don't see anything at all - certainly not on R's blog to indicate that she has been abused (any more than any other fundy girl). I can't see how it is helpful to post unfounded allegations on a public blog and I don't see any reason to believe that she could consider the Maxwells, who live in another state, to be a 'safe' place to go if she were in trouble.

It seems to me to be a completely ridiculous comment to make on a young woman's blog and the fact that it has been taken down doesn't surprise me at all. :roll:

I didn't think it was anyone from here once I read the part about seeking help from the Maxwells. None of the Free Jingers would make such a suggestion-- not seriously, anyhow. And I hope the posters here are above pulling such stunts in the name of snark. It isn't funny. It isn't helping anyone. It's just plain mean.

Guest Anonymous

I thought is was someone who reads here, precisely because of the reference to the Maxwells. There are plenty of shit stirrers around, not necessarily registered members. Her blog readers wouldn't necessarily know her obsession with the Maxwells unless they were following her over there too.

Guest Anonymous

On an unrelated note, I wonder what happened with the Wilkersons? Given that she seems to write her blog for church family and friends, it sounds as though they are getting a hard time from people outside their circle after the adoption fell through.

I feel terribly for the little girl for whom it 'didn't work out', so long after they had had a formal ceremony and changed the poor child's name.

On an unrelated note, I wonder what happened with the Wilkersons? Given that she seems to write her blog for church family and friends, it sounds as though they are getting a hard time from people outside their circle after the adoption fell through.

I feel terribly for the little girl for whom it 'didn't work out', so long after they had had a formal ceremony and changed the poor child's name.

I'm guessing the agency or social services didn't allow the adoption to go through for whatever reason.

Archived