IGNORED

Dangers of Homosexuals.

fundies_like_zombies

Just another voice saying that gays are not a homogeneous group. Some are down right nasty, bitchy, and evil.

It'd be like me saying all Ashleys are bitches because the only Ashleys I've ever met very much were.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh, thanks. Noted for the future.

lisstard and her cronies are the only ones who think I am a troll. lisstard and her cronies are wrong. I also never have been run out of snark you dimbulb.

Guest Anonymous
lisstard and her cronies are the only ones who think I am a troll. lisstard and her cronies are wrong. I also never have been run out of snark you dimbulb.

Using offensive ableist slurs to prove that you're not a troll - how's that working for you?

Sometimes having struggles and overcoming them makes you into a really cool person--this is my experience with out-of-the-closet gays, but I know it is not universal.

And picking on Lissar just because you have had past disagreements will not win you a lot of friends here because most of us kinda love her, I am TEAM LISSAR all the way.

Sometimes having struggles and overcoming them makes you into a really cool person--this is my experience with out-of-the-closet gays, but I know it is not universal.

And picking on Lissar just because you have had past disagreements will not win you a lot of friends here because most of us kinda love her, I am TEAM LISSAR all the way.

Please tell her to stop nipping at my heals. She has been doing it since I got here. I am creepy because I want to see a tatoo? Tell her to give it a break.

Aye, loads of us are lovely :D. But when anyone says "All gay people are..." my spidey sense starts tingling.

I think Lissar knows how I feel about her.

Aye, loads of us are lovely :D. But when anyone says "All gay people are..." my spidey sense starts tingling.

I think Lissar knows how I feel about her.

OK, I have never met a gay who I felt i could not trust. I have only known a dozen or so in my life.

OK, I have never met a gay who I felt i could not trust. I have only known a dozen or so in my life.

Not a valid sample size. If I'd only known a dozen or so gay people, and they all were really terrible people, and I said "All gays are terrible, at least, all the ones I've met are, so probably all of them", people would be justifiably pissed at me.

Your anecdotal "data" is nicer, but it's not actually *better*, especially as it hinges upon your feelings (you FEEL you can trust them) instead of their actions, behavior, or trustworthiness.

OK, I have never met a gay who I felt i could not trust. I have only known a dozen or so in my life

Pro tip for all: don't say "a gay" unless you are one. Hackles right up.

The person the OP quoted doesn't understand how free speech works. Confusion about free speech seems a common problem among fundies.

Free speech does not mean that others won't be critical of what you say. Both sides get to make statements and neither side has to be polite.If one person gets their say but the other person has to remain silent, that is not free speech.

I'm always TEAM LISSAR!

mnb357 wrote:

Why are these people so afraid of what goes on in somebody's else's bedroom? Years ago, when it was discovered that one of our teachers was a *gasp* lesbian, there was a bit of an uproar among my classmates. Young as I was, I asked my mother to tell me what to make of it. She said, "My Dear, your father and I have six chilren. There's obviously enough going on in our bedroom that we don't need to be concerned with what's going on in somebody else's. Now your education, that is our concern, so I suggest you get started on the homework she assigned you." God, I miss that woman..

Love this! In my district we've had gay and lesbian principals. Some are out, some are not. My dad's ex wife was a principal...I missed having her be the principal of my elementary school by a few years. After she divorced my dad she lived with a woman until her death for over 20 years. No one specifically knew of her orientation, but it was pretty obvious. Several of the gay principals are "out," but my favorite is not. I worked for a fabulous principal for three years and there's no question he's gay, but he's not out (at least professionally). I'm friends with him, especially since I was moved to a different school site, but he hasnt said anything to me personally either. :gay-rainbow:

Is it the "gay" that is wrong or the fact that it is being used as a noun and not an adjective? I say "gay person" etc and I will stop if it is offensive.

Ooooh. I want a "Team Lissar" t-shirt!

When I get a dog someday, I will be buying them a Team Lissar headscarf.

I would try to get one one my cat, but I think that she would rip my throat out.

Guest Anonymous
Is it the "gay" that is wrong or the fact that it is being used as a noun and not an adjective? I say "gay person" etc and I will stop if it is offensive.

emmie - to me at least, "gay person" is fine. Saying "gays" or "a gay" is reducing someone to their sexual orientation. (And I will sew your future dog a modest headcovering myself!)

I heart all of you, too.

I agree with others, there are good and bad people in LGBT community. I have a gay cousin who is a major asshole and another cousin of ours who is a lesbian hates him.

"A gay" is like saying "a black". Sounds like you are seeing them as somewhat less than human. The words are fine, it's that way of making them into nouns which is off methinks.

I want to stick up for the world's Ashleys. ;) I know a very sweet, slightly scatterbrained one who is a stalwart union member who would "OMG, die rather than cross a picket line!" She is also very, very pretty. There are good Ashleys out there :)

"Gay person" is totally fine. As is "teh gay" as in "catchin teh gay" because it's obvious you're kidding. But with "the gays" or "a gay" you need to be careful, as they are (as Lissar and JFC said) dehumanising and often used as slurs.

So in general, unless you are one, not a good idea.

Good to know. I know Gojira was the target of the original statement, but I wanted to clarify to make sure I was not offending anyone.

Archived