IGNORED

Dangers of Homosexuals.

fundies_like_zombies

A Fundie Christian - wants everyone to live, think and be like them or they condemn them to hell. They want to recruit you, vilify you and save you all at once. They want to fix you so they can validate themselves and win a prize.

Exactamundo! They tell you what is wrong with you, tell you that only they have the key to fixing your problems, then gloat if they buy it, whether the "problem" is fixed or not.

Btw folks hello, I'm a n00B on this board but a lurker. I love this place, it's good knowing I'm not the only person out there that. Thinks the Duggars and their ilk are crazy, and inn many cases dangerous.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my thought always is, "methinks he doth protest too much..."

I call it "you smelt it, therefore you dealt it" theory. The more one calls attention to and condemns something, the more likely they practice (or fantasize) about such things themselves.

Simple solution then don't speak out about it. it is none of your business and it does not effect you anyway. There have been gays far longer then there have been Christians so get over it already.

No kidding, I mean, who the heck cares if someone's gay or not. If fundies are so obsessed with whatever is going on in gays' bedrooms across the land maybe they have a problem with their own sexual identities?? I never got that. Shades of Ted Haggard or that "wide stance in an airport bathroom" Republican senator there.

Oh, the leader of Vision Forum (Doug??) hits my gaydar 100%. Anyone else agree?? Not that there's anything wrong with it, like Seinfeld said... :whistle:

There's a lot more to being gay than just the bedroom stuff, but otherwise I am joining the chorus here.

I will be sure to tell a couple I know tomorrow that they are dangerous. They've been together for almost as long as I've been alive. And they're -- gasp! -- Christians. Though I know to the fundies Episcopalians are probably among the worst of the heretics.

Why are these people so afraid of what goes on in somebody's else's bedroom? Years ago, when it was discovered that one of our teachers was a *gasp* lesbian, there was a bit of an uproar among my classmates. Young as I was, I asked my mother to tell me what to make of it. She said, "My Dear, your father and I have six chilren. There's obviously enough going on in our bedroom that we don't need to be concerned with what's going on in somebody else's. Now your education, that is our concern, so I suggest you get started on the homework she assigned you." God, I miss that woman.

Your mom sounds like she was awesome. :clap:

It is so weird even from a Christian standpoint. The Bible mentions homosexuality like twice and fundies are all fixated on it. Whereas the Bible and helping the poor, um a shitload more entries.

Bizarre personal convictions, I get. I haz 'em. I won't play Monopoly, eat pork, go to McDonalds or the Gap...(that's just for starters). I have a comrade who won't use some forms of mechanised transport (he's particularly not fond of elevators) on a point of principle. We don't have a telly, again, point of political principle. So if they don't like homosexuality, well, no one's making them do it. Why the endless blogging about it?

I don't run in folk's houses and throw their Monopoly sets out of the window and my comrade doesn't pull people out of elevator and make them walk on the stairs. Reason being, those are our beliefs not anyone else's, and, we might be wrong and need to rethink. Not impossible, ken?

But being a fundie means Everything You Do Is Right and Everything You Disapprove Of God Hates And Spends All His Free Time Worrying About...

He's an anarchist who's from the more environmental wing of that movement originally, and he thinks if you are fit and can walk, elevators are just wasteful (of power and resources) also bad for you (get fit by walking) and kind of symbolic in a bad way (decadent?). So he won't take 'em. Also, if the building you are in needs an elevator as it is so big, it is far too big, in his opinion.

I don't agree with him but at least he doesn't write ranty blogs about it, lol.

Crazy blog really - I didn't know you could report posts on a blog though?

Think this one does. Don't understand how it affects fundies anyway. Or why it is such a huge deal to them - not like gays and lesbians are out to convert people.

thinking about it fundie Christians push their views on to others which is far worse.

Oh, the leader of Vision Forum (Doug??) hits my gaydar 100%. Anyone else agree?? Not that there's anything wrong with it, like Seinfeld said... :whistle:

That's one thing the vast majority here at FJ can agree on. There are entire threads based on this. Look for the LOLDoug thread.

People who are gay and out of the closet are the most honest people you will ever meet.

Gay people aren't a homogenous group, and are good/bad, honest/dishonest in about the same proportions as anyone else.

Gay people aren't a homogenous group, and are good/bad, honest/dishonest in about the same proportions as anyone else.

Not in my experience. I know many gay people and they are more open and honest people I have ever met

Yup. They are, as a whole, nothing more or less than part of the human race and deserving of all the rights and benefits and respect of every other member of humanity. There are good, bad and ugly of all kinds of people, regardless of their sexuality, religion, career, marital status, political or social stance...you name a 'group' and within each you will find each end of the spectrum and everything in between.

A gay asshole is an asshole not because he is gay, but because he is an asshole. An honest gay man is honest because he is honest, not because he is gay.

Not in my experience. I know many gay people and they are more open and honest people I have ever met

I am a gay person, and putting a marginalised group on a special pedestal is not a good thing. It's a nice form of othering, but it is othering all the same.

I'm glad you've met many nice gay people. I've met many nice gay people (I hope I am one most of the time), and also many rat bastards who happened to be attracted to the same sex. The point is we aren't homogenous, so please don't generalise.

ETA quote.

Guest Anonymous

FYI he's a persistent (creepy) troll. He got run out of Snark when he came in posting that he had no idea what the forum was about and proceeded to give a lot of people the wiggins. He's been hanging out exclusively in Chatter but it seems he's oozed back under the door to vomit inanities all over the place. Joy.

Well, in my personal experience Muslims are the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful people on the planet. Most of the Muslims I have known fit into this category. Does that mean worldwide all Muslims are kind, sweet, and thoughtful? No. I'm sure there are millions who are, but that does not negate the fact that there are also millions who aren't. Generalizing from your own personal experience doesn't mean anything.

I am a gay person, and putting a marginalised group on a special pedestal is not a good thing. It's a nice form of othering, but it is othering all the same.

I'm glad you've met many nice gay people. I've met many nice gay people (I hope I am one most of the time), and also many rat bastards who happened to be attracted to the same sex. The point is we aren't homogenous, so please don't generalise.

ETA quote.

QFT. I have lots of nice gay friends. There are also a few assholes I know who happen to have same-sex attractions. I have gotten shit for not bending over backwards to befriend them (one person in particular) and it's like, oh, I did not realize I have to personally like and want to spend time with ALL THE GAY PEOPLE. Umm, no. I'm a professional adult so I don't need to be mean to people I dislike, but I don't have to choose to be friends with people I DISlike based on their sexual orientation or skin color either. It comes across to me as patronizing, but what do I know.

Well, in my personal experience Muslims are the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful people on the planet. Most of the Muslims I have known fit into this category. Does that mean worldwide all Muslims are kind, sweet, and thoughtful? No. I'm sure there are millions who are, but that does not negate the fact that there are also millions who aren't. Generalizing from your own personal experience doesn't mean anything.

I have yet to meet a muslim who is anything but decent as well. Out of the 1.3 billion muslims in the world I would say less than 1% are bad. Same for gay people.

I have yet to meet a muslim who is anything but decent as well. Out of the 1.3 billion muslims in the world I would say less than 1% are bad. Same for gay people.

Unless you are arguing in general that less than 1% of the world's people are bad, then your argument is nothing short of ridiculous.

FYI he's a persistent (creepy) troll. He got run out of Snark when he came in posting that he had no idea what the forum was about and proceeded to give a lot of people the wiggins. He's been hanging out exclusively in Chatter but it seems he's oozed back under the door to vomit inanities all over the place. Joy.

Ahhhh, thanks. Noted for the future.

I have to agree with CV here. As an out lesbian who is friends with many other out gay people of both genders, I would say that gay people are pretty much like everyone else as far as being good/bad, honest/dishonest, etc. I'm glad, GoJiRa, that you've had the good fortune of meeting only open and honest gays.

Archived