IGNORED

Introduction and comments about the Lindvalls

Almost Quiverfull

That's very interesting. I would've liked to have been a fly on the wall in that Linvall/Chapman converence. Chapman does come off as being somewhat arrogant on this website.

I've always thought it was quite weird the way these betrothal/courtship people insist upon the suitor being discipled by the dad. If that idea had caught when I was younger I don't think I would've gotten married. There are so many girls in this lifestyle who are languishing at home. Michael Pearl wrote a great article about the courtship movement. (Proof that even a broken clock is right twice a day). He says that he fears that many of these girls will grow old sleeping alone. That is turning out to be true.

I do get the impression that Lindvall is somewhat humble. He seems to be a good guy, even though his teaching about romance and marriage is rubbish.

Was Bethany at the converence? I'd like to think she wasn't surly. I'm rooting for that girl to get out of the compound. Although, that does remind me, I looked at her FB page and it says she lives in Porterville. The rest of the Lindvalls are in Springville. Does that mean she's left the nest? I hope so.

Just read the son's betrothal story and...my goodness. So, he knew that she had a fancy camera and that she liked Twix; she knew that he needed to get his finances in order. They wouldn't even look at each other when they were together!!! Yet, they decided it was the perfect time to get betrothed. The proposal was her drinking a cup of grape juice offered by him. After the proposal, he said "I really did not enjoy talking or even looking at Brittany" - I mean, what???? He'd just proposed to the girl and he didn't want to look at her???? Granted the whole thing sounds ridiculously staged and awkward, but still...a man should want to look at his future wife!

I mean, they seem happy now, so good for them. But I'm gobsmacked that people would think that this was a good way to handle a "courtship".

TIM says "at this point I still had not heard anything from the Lord but thought it likely He would speak that I should marry Brittany." Seems pretty damned sure the Lord will tell good ole Tim exactly what Tim wants to hear.

Archived