IGNORED

Fake Jew Betrothal Video

GeoBQn

I'm apparently late to the game on this, but a FakeJew blog I've been browsing (homeshalom.blogspot.com) is offering a free giveaway of this video Betrothed, about the betrothal and wedding of FakeJews Brayden and Tali Waller.

The blog entry is here:

homeshalom.blogspot.com/2011/12/betrothed-video-give-away.html

lnDlwPoou9g

The video and the article really don't explain how betrothal is different from courtship. At this point, I'd assume that betrothal is one step away from kidnapping the bride in the middle of the night and forcing her to marry someone she's never met.

Other notes:

1. Using shofars whenever you want does not make you any more authentic. Jews only blow the shofar on Rosh Hashanah, at the end of Yom Kippur, and during services in the month before Rosh Hashanah. Do you see weddings on that list?

2. FakeJew fundies don't seem to have the same aversion to dancing as regular fundies.

3. I'm assuming that they have some pop culture knowledge, since the trailer is trying to be like one for a Hollywood blockbuster (even the soundtrack is on sale) and parts of the wedding are ripped off from Fiddler on the Roof. I like how it uses dramatic music and fast cuts to make Brayden's father reading the Bible seem like anything but boring.

4. If nobody knows when the wedding is going to happen, then how do they amass such a large number of guests? Maybe they do the same things Irish Travelers do to advertise weddings.

As to number 4, at least according to the way the Sm'ortons do it, they announce the day ahead of time and then you wait around all day hoping for the wedding to happen. Lots of "fellowshipping"

All of the betrothal crowd seem to use shofars/trumpets even the regular fundies. I don't know enough about Christianity to know the biblical verses they're pulling from.

Yeah, I came across this trailer a bunch when I was trying to find info on the doc the Smiths are making. There's another one, too, called We Are One, I believe. Not fakeJews though, more mainstream fundies.

EDIT: Maybe it's To Be One, actually.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like they are going for "epic" with the music, but with the lead-up and the increasingly creepy scripture reading in the cabins and slow accumulation of people and increasingly frantic dancing, it really feels like a trailer for a horror movie! I got goosebumps. These people really do scare me a bit...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like they are going for "epic" with the music, but with the lead-up and the increasingly creepy scripture reading in the cabins and slow accumulation of people and increasingly frantic dancing, it really feels like a trailer for a horror movie! I got goosebumps. These people really do scare me a bit...

Am I the only one thinking the groom and friends are about to re-enact the Fiddler on the Roof Pogrom (as the cossacks with less education and worse clothing)? :roll:

Quote from the groom on the video:

"We wanted it to be about more than just her and I."

What's wrong with it being just about you and your bride? That's not important or neat enough?

These people must've bought into some of the Chapman/Lindvall baloney.

Archived