IGNORED

Cleve's wedding day!

clibbyjo

Sanders Blog has pics up!! :) Prentiss looks gorgeous. Her dress seems very 50's with white gloves and short sleeves. Lise seems VERY old fashioned. All lace and long sleeves. Her hair looks nice though. Prentiss definitely seems to have gotten all of the style in the family though.

Looks like Prentiss got married first. Which seems appropriate since she was engaged first.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The double wedding just seems so strange to me. I can't imagine that!

And both ladies looked lovely, but the ceremonies seemed kinda boring.

i want more pics, though!

Just read one of the captions. Apparently Lise married in her mother's dress. Hence the old fashionedness.

Wow...she looked very gorgeous, very classy. She reminded me a bit of Jackie O. Yeah, and I am totally defrauded by Noah S in that one pic where he is tuning his instrument.

It wasn't really a double wedding - more like two weddings, back to back. Neither was part of the other. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. Weird. Not something I'd do. But, not technically a 'double' wedding.

It all looked kind of boring to me. It is also the first Morton wedding to take place in a church. All the Smith hook ups and Dorothy & Noah were married outside. I know you can't really marry outside in December, but it was the first thing I noticed anyway.

Okay, so I am sure I reading WAY too much into things, and it's all my imagination, but Abbi does not seem her usual chipper self in those photos. The first pic with the big forced smile seems almost ghastly. But it could be due to any number of things - like, say, if she was cold.

EDIT to say I loved Lise's dress and look. She and Cleve are a regular couple of cake-toppers.

It's interesting - the bridesmaids and groomsmen seemed dressed up, but the other guests seemed awfully dressed down for a wedding. One of the Sanders girls looked like she was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt and Abbi looked like she was wearing a knit dress and Uggs. Nothing wrong with it, just less of a "dressy" vibe from the guests than I got from the ceremony in general

I kind of wonder if it's because it was a winter wedding and people aren't quite sure how to dress for that in the South. I'd like to think they'd make the effort, but when I lived in the South I certainly did have tons of summer dresses that would fit in almost any occasion, but not so much for the winter.

I am glad the Sanders were on the ball,I needed these pics! I like Lise's dress and they do make a very pretty couple. I was thinking it was kind of casual when the Sanders boys are all wearing the same plaid button down shirts they wear everyday. I am hoping the girls were just wearing those casual clothes when they were outside for the "serenade"(and that is sweet as can be for Cleve to do)

Sanders Blog has pics up!! :) Prentiss looks gorgeous. Her dress seems very 50's with white gloves and short sleeves. Lise seems VERY old fashioned. All lace and long sleeves. Her hair looks nice though. Prentiss definitely seems to have gotten all of the style in the family though.

Looks like Prentiss got married first. Which seems appropriate since she was engaged first.

Could someone remind of the link to the Sanders blog? I'm curious to see the pictures.

Enoch is a traditional, old-fashioned name.

I agree that I don't know where they got Kressant. Perhaps German?

Nope, from the Pillsbury Crescent Roll package, except they bought the generic brand from Aldi's and they were called Kressant Rolls as not to infringe on any trademarks held by Pillsbury. You know that little Dough Boy is Satan in disguise.

*PS, I totally made that up, but it makes for a great story...... I really need sleep!

No kissin' pictures. :(

Not sure what to think of the dress. Looks a bit boring/plain/baggish. :think: Her hair looks gorgeous though!

Nice pics ! Lise is an interesting choice for Cleve.3 of her brothers are doctors, the standard of home schooling in her family is high , maybe Cleve wants his kids/ sons to have options that weren't available to him

Nice pics ! Lise is an interesting choice for Cleve.3 of her brothers are doctors, the standard of home schooling in her family is high , maybe Cleve wants his kids/ sons to have options that weren't available to him

Hmmm.. possibly. I DO think he likes that Lise is older and musical though. I just didn't see him marrying one of these giggly young 18-20 yr old Sander's girls.

I too find it interesting that there are no kissing pics. Maybe they did that privately?

• 2 weeks later...

Another few pics of the ceremony: sixangles.com/12/07/the-kendall-morton-and-allen-weddings/ That Lauren sure has been popping up on all the fundie blogs in that circle lately.

Another few pics of the ceremony: sixangles.com/12/07/the-kendall-morton-and-allen-weddings/

I wonder who was Cleve's bestman. I don't recognize the short guy first in line next to Andrew. At first I thought he might be Alan but no, he's not.

Does anyone know how old is the last unmarried Kendall daughter (Christiana?)?

I wonder who was Cleve's bestman. I don't recognize the short guy first in line next to Andrew. At first I thought he might be Alan but no, he's not.

Does anyone know how old is the last unmarried Kendall daughter (Christiana?)?

Isn't that Frank Campana, the Planned Parenthood protesting jackass? And I spot what looks like a Roberts boy.

Lauren's been around for at least a year, if not longer. Her brother spends a lot of time farming with the Roberts.

Roberts pics from a wedding shower (come on Addie, get on the ball, everyone's scooping you!): pascolife.blogspot.com/2011/12/wedding-shower-of-cleve-lise-october-11.html

Not much of note, but the "Britt" pictured is the sister of Beth Smith's new fiance.

Isn't that Frank Campana, the Planned Parenthood protesting jackass?

I think you're right.

By the way, he is the kind of guy who makes you realize what kind of people these "lovely" Mortons are... I must admit that on the first look the Mortons seem quite sweet people and Ma & Pa Morton really look like a very nice couple. But when you read more about them you understand they are no sweeter than, say, the Botkins or Peter & Kelly B., for example. Adeline, Rachel and others have often written how funny and amazing Uncle Frank is and what a joy it is to listen to him speak, and then you see a blog post like this http://www.heritagegrowers.blogspot.com ... art-2.html and see how _nice_ these people really are while "exposing other people's Sin". Just look at their t-shirt and that says it all: abortion is murder, homosexuality is sin, islam is a lie, evolution is a delution, feminism is rebellion, liberalism is false religion, conservatism is pretend salt. How charming and nice and joyful and funny people! And the dear Roberts' are all the same: http://pascolife.blogspot.com/2011/09/o ... lando.html

These people really REALLY disgust me.

Speaking of Rachel - remember when we were all playing "spot the bump" with Darth, pretty much up until she gave birth? Now I'm finding myself doing the same thing with Rachel. Girl should be at least six months along now, but none of the recent pics of her really show her any bigger than the last picture that featured her stomach (back at almost four months). Doesn't mean she doesn't have a bump, just means I wish they'd post more obvious pictures. She's had such rough pregnancies I find myself crossing my fingers for her.

Archived