IGNORED

Cleve's wedding day!

clibbyjo

The hottest single fundy(I still think that one dad fundie, Pa something, whose name I can't remember with the ponytail is cuter) is off the market today. I cannot wait for pictures. I bet Lise is pregnant by x-mas.

Well played Lise, well played. :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pa Flynn is Hottest Dad of the century!

I bet on a quick announcement, too. Speaking of that, I can't help but wonder how detailed Pa Morton's talk (on the birds and the bees) for the boys is. :whistle:

I bet on a quick announcement, too. Speaking of that, I can't help but wonder how detailed Pa Morton's talk (on the birds and the bees) for the boys is. :whistle:

I have a feeling Cleve has been around the block a time or two already. ;) He may never admit it, though!

Yes, Pa Flynn ,thats the name. Totally hottest fundie ever. :)

I could see Cleve having a little experience even if not the whole enchilada. I am sure more than one fundie girl has thrown herself at him in hopes of bagging the Cleve.

Yeah, Cleve's had many more years than his brothers for things to have "happened" accidentally... 'course his brothers certainly seem to have the birds and the bees figured out.

I know we were scratching our heads about Lise at first, but seeing her in pictures where she's less stifled and dressed differently, I can see it. She's got a bit of the same "alternative" and modern look as Cleve - they wouldn't look out of place at a Phish concert (which isn't exactly up-to-date, but hey). And she's got similar dark coloring to the Smith women - the Morton boys seem to love the dark-haired ladies... Also, her slim build doesn't exactly scream 'fertility' to me - but maybe that's not a bad thing.

Let's not forget that Cleve and Lise aren't the only ones getting married today - Prentiss is, too. There's a lot more info about her on the internet, mostly due to her harp playing. It's fascinating that she says on her website that she was "educated at home" and then blows past the fact that she has a BA in Music Performance. In fact, if I'm reading this right, she attended Bob Jones. Not only did she attend a college, she - gasp - played volleyball! In shorts! Course, it's even more interesting that she chooses to play this down.

Here's Prentiss' fiance, Chandler, introducing her and her family to his church: http://www.basswoodchurch.net/wedding-celebration

Yeah, I have a really, really hard time believing that today's wedding kiss will truly be Cleve's first evah!!11!!.

Lise looks like she could be part of the Smith family--she resembles Kressant most of all.

My guess is that they will not reproduce with the rapidity and frequency of the other Morton/Smith/Sanders couples... maybe they'll have five kids.

Yeah, I have a really, really hard time believing that today's wedding kiss will truly be Cleve's first evah!!11!!.

Lise looks like she could be part of the Smith family--she resembles Kressant most of all.

My guess is that they will not reproduce with the rapidity and frequency of the other Morton/Smith/Sanders couples... maybe they'll have five kids.

Yes, I was in mourning yesterday that Cleve is officially married. :( Just kidding.. sort of! Anyway, I'm sure Lise will be desperate to get preggo immediately since she's a good 10 years behind most of the fundie women that get married around 20. Who knows, it's possible she won't be as fertile since she IS a bit older plus but also because there are studies out there that sort of prove the notion, "if you don't use it, you lose it". Anyway, I think Cleve is smart for choosing an older bride with limited time for reproducing. I'm sure he looks at his brother Michael and how obviously miserable he looks and wants no part of the potential to have a Duggar size family.

Can't wait to see the wedding pics!

For all the Cleve love, he is still a Morton; he is still entirely within the family fold; he still had a courtship and played by the rules.

I know many here have the hots for him, but his looks do not change the fact that he is part of one of the fundiest of fundie families, with values and beliefs that most here abhor.

I don't see anything that indicates he is any different than the rest of his family. I know many want him to be different, but what chance would he have had to kiss a girl or be less than pure? He's a family boy just like the rest of the boys. He's living on the family compound with the new wife.

He's a fundie man living as his fundie family chose for him to live. I just don't see what would or could make him any different than any other Morton.

For all the Cleve love, he is still a Morton; he is still entirely within the family fold; he still had a courtship and played by the rules.

I know many here have the hots for him, but his looks do not change the fact that he is part of one of the fundiest of fundie families, with values and beliefs that most here abhor.

I don't see anything that indicates he is any different than the rest of his family. I know many want him to be different, but what chance would he have had to kiss a girl or be less than pure? He's a family boy just like the rest of the boys. He's living on the family compound with the new wife.

He's a fundie man living as his fundie family chose for him to live. I just don't see what would or could make him any different than any other Morton.

what makes them more fundie than other families??

No pics that I've found; the wedding was in another state, so most of the usual suspects probably don't have time to sit down and blog.

While Cleve is following the Morton party line, to a certain extent, I find it fascinating that most of the Really Weird aspects of past Morton weddings - the big betrothal ceremonies, the whole "Only the father will know the hour," etc - seem to be from the weddings where they married a Smith. Darth and Cleve have been considerably pared down, relatively. Also, when Darth got married you got this long, drawn-out account of the process and their "story," whereas we've seen nothing of the sort for Cleve - I'm pretty sure Cleve just met this chick a few months ago at some event and ran with it (which, actually, I WOULD be interested in hearing the story behind that).

So I think people want to think of Cleve as less fundie because he doesn't seem quite as extreme as his brothers, (and he looks less farm boy and actually waited until well into adulthood to get married) - but I suppose all it really proves is that the Mortons probably would have always been more laid-back, and were just going along with the Smiths. Doesn't change the core beliefs.

I am curious to see how the ol' family compound dynamic will go now that they'll have a Morton bride who's NOT a Smith. Talk about being a new girl on the block.

what makes them more fundie than other families??

More or less isn't what I meant. I meant that as far as fundies go, the Morton's are firmly entrenched.

Oy, did anyone catch this gem from Oct 17:

"Prentiss and Chandler. (or I could say "Pren-Pren and Chan-Chan!!" in a high pitched, exaggerated Chinese accent to be amusing, but I will refrain, as it would be highly corney.) Are they not a handsome pair?"

:shock:

Oy, did anyone catch this gem from Oct 17:

"Prentiss and Chandler. (or I could say "Pren-Pren and Chan-Chan!!" in a high pitched, exaggerated Chinese accent to be amusing, but I will refrain, as it would be highly corney.) Are they not a handsome pair?"

:shock:

I did catch that. Stupid people are stupid, beautiful, beautiful flag...

I thought Cleve and another bro lived on their own the past fews years. Wasn't that mentioned before that the brothers were over and made to sound like they lived away from the compound? I swear I remember this, because I was thinking Cleve is probably sampling real life since daddy isn't there to control him. I still feel Cleve isn;t as into it as the rest of them. He married late, married an "old maid" so he would have less kids and seems more worldly than the rest of them. I don;t think they can blog about when there is a defection in the family or when someone slowly starts changing their thoughts, because it would show their lifestyle doesn't work.I think Cleve is the most fundie lite of the family,Lise seems that way as well.

Don't even get me started on that flag post, I sent them response and they never posted it.(big surprise)

I thought Cleve and another bro lived on their own the past fews years. Wasn't that mentioned before that the brothers were over and made to sound like they lived away from the compound? I swear I remember this, because I was thinking Cleve is probably sampling real life since daddy isn't there to control him. I still feel Cleve isn;t as into it as the rest of them. He married late, married an "old maid" so he would have less kids and seems more worldly than the rest of them. I don;t think they can blog about when there is a defection in the family or when someone slowly starts changing their thoughts, because it would show their lifestyle doesn't work.I think Cleve is the most fundie lite of the family,Lise seems that way as well.

Don't even get me started on that flag post, I sent them response and they never posted it.(big surprise)

Yes, this. This is why I consider him more mainstream than the rest. I remember that he works/worked at a "real" job away from the family. There was also a time where the Morton blog would specifically say "Cleve was able to join us for dinner" or for a birthday or whatever, which I took to mean that he was independently living elsewhere (not on the compound with the rest). I think he's out from under daddy's thumb but with a very clear expectation of how they think he should live his life. I think he's probably had a deviation here or there, but would probably never admit to anything. I would consider him fundie-lite and very straight-laced, but within their mindset he is probably viewed as a bit liberal or experienced (and he did manage to delay marriage until now). He was always something of a mystery and they never said much about him.

There was also the slightly more mainstream clothing/jewelry and the possible tongue piercing. I noticed after we discussed that picture, he wasn't featured on the blog very often-- and if he was, his mouth was closed AND the picture was not clickable to enlarge. Just food for thought.

There was also the slightly more mainstream clothing/jewelry and the possible tongue piercing. I noticed after we discussed that picture, he wasn't featured on the blog very often-- and if he was, his mouth was closed AND the picture was not clickable to enlarge. Just food for thought.

a TONGUE piercing!! how scandalous!

clibby, you might be remembering MamaAnt's two oldest boys, who don't live at home and who have girlfriends. I would have to go back through the Morton blog with an eye for this, but I'm pretty sure they've never mentioned that Cleve doesn't live at home. Certainly none of the other boys are old enough to live away from home (the ones that aren't married, that is). I admit, though, I've often wondered where Cleve did live, because it seems it would be frustrating to be in your mid-to-late twenties at home, with your nearest siblings just hitting 20. Also they've had that apartment for Cleve built for years, and I've wondered if he lived in it. Darnit, I'm going to have to go back and read.

Regarding the tongue piercing: yep, there was a picture where his mouth was open and he was laughing, and there was a little glint - might have been a flash reflection off saliva (ew), might have been a piercing.

clibby, you might be remembering MamaAnt's two oldest boys, who don't live at home and who have girlfriends. I would have to go back through the Morton blog with an eye for this, but I'm pretty sure they've never mentioned that Cleve doesn't live at home. Certainly none of the other boys are old enough to live away from home (the ones that aren't married, that is). I admit, though, I've often wondered where Cleve did live, because it seems it would be frustrating to be in your mid-to-late twenties at home, with your nearest siblings just hitting 20. Also they've had that apartment for Cleve built for years, and I've wondered if he lived in it. Darnit, I'm going to have to go back and read.

Regarding the tongue piercing: yep, there was a picture where his mouth was open and he was laughing, and there was a little glint - might have been a flash reflection off saliva (ew), might have been a piercing.

No, I don;t read mamaant, it was Cleve and the brother whose name I don't know but reminds me of Doug's blond haired older son. He looks real farm boy. I do not want to go look for it either. :)

So I'm reading back through the darn blog, not quite in reverse chronological order. Here's some bits I've noticed so far:

*One of the younger Kendall sisters is pictured and commented upon in a post from last November, at the Blair Tsantles wedding, I believe. Cleve is also at said event (whether it was the wedding or not, can't remember). So he could have met Lise at least a year ago.

* From an entry from Oct 26th, 2010: "We just got Cleve off to work with a lunch." From Darth's wedding in July 2010: "Cleve's been working on it when he gets home from work." Implies he does work outside the home, but also that he lives there. Also he's been spotted in every conference, trip, and family event on the compound I've come across so far, plus random "around the farm" -type pics.

How did we miss this earlier? Alert the presses! A post in which it appears Cleve might have driven somewhere all by himself! mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/06/little-willie-man-this-one-is-for-you.html

EDIT: Also, it was Cleve and Andrew (now age 16) who went on that snowboarding trip a year or so ago. And on that note, it drives me absolutely batty that they call him Andrew and also Tom. Thomas isn't even his middle name! Pick one and stick with it, it's hard enough to keep track of all those boys!

I read through the ENTIRE new blog. Nothing to report. No indication that Cleve lived on his own (though there is still the original blog). The Kendalls popped up like crazy after that initial wedding from a year ago. They also spent a good deal of time with the Mortons at the Love the Church event, which I think was last... January? My head is spinning with fundie connections (such as the fact that they hung out with the Roberts and Deckers a LOT, and we never really notice them...)

I read through the ENTIRE new blog. Nothing to report. No indication that Cleve lived on his own (though there is still the original blog). The Kendalls popped up like crazy after that initial wedding from a year ago. They also spent a good deal of time with the Mortons at the Love the Church event, which I think was last... January? My head is spinning with fundie connections (such as the fact that they hung out with the Roberts and Deckers a LOT, and we never really notice them...)

Wow, you took one for the team! I swear it was Cleve who lived alone! At least you found the Kendalls connection since we didn;t know where Lise fit in all this. :clap:

Archived