IGNORED

Pearl schedlued for NBC's Today Show on Dec 7th

Brainsample

From the No Greater Joy site -- I just noticed it today. Now I have to amend my new blog post for the 20th time!!!

Update: He is also scheduled to record an interview for the NBC Today Morning Show to air on Wednesday December 7th (unless he gets bumped by breaking news). The Today Show airs from 7 am – 11 am EST.

Man, he's not too bright. One would think Mike and Debi would want to keep the media out of this. I guess it's another venue for teh crazee to come out.

Yay! I'm glad that the media is really paying attention to the Pearls. :) I just hope that something good comes from all of this.

For every show they appear on, probably 100 Bible-thumping Christians discover them and buy their book. There is no *bad* publicity for whackjobs like this.

For every show they appear on, probably 100 Bible-thumping Christians discover them and buy their book. There is no *bad* publicity for whackjobs like this.

What did Oscar Wilde say about bad press? I don't remember.

What I hope comes out of these types of shows is that young families will hear about the controversy and will stop to think before they just absorb these teachings without thinking critically about them. There will be people who will swing to this extreme to follow it no matter what, just because it is extreme. To many of those who have already pledged allegiance to Pearl, they will become all the more devoted to him and his cause. But it puts more material out there for people who are having second thoughts and will give them good cause to think and to listen to their conscience and even the "still small voice." The goal with this kind of thing is to give people reason to think.

Guest Anonymous

What did Oscar Wilde say about bad press? I don't remember.

What I hope comes out of these types of shows is that young families will hear about the controversy and will stop to think before they just absorb these teachings without thinking critically about them. There will be people who will swing to this extreme to follow it no matter what, just because it is extreme. To many of those who have already pledged allegiance to Pearl, they will become all the more devoted to him and his cause. But it puts more material out there for people who are having second thoughts and will give them good cause to think and to listen to their conscience and even the "still small voice." The goal with this kind of thing is to give people reason to think.

Could it be this one?:

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Could it be this one?:

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Why am I not surprised that it's Snarky Jan who knows it rote? ;)

Guest Anonymous

Why am I not surprised that it's Snarky Jan who knows it rote? ;)

Many thanks, although my all time favorite Wilde-ism is "There are two great tragedies-one is not getting what you want in life, and the other is getting what you want"

That's Pearl Harbor Day. And the Feast of The Immaculate Conception for those of us who were/are heathen Papists--that is the one where Mary was conceived without original sin on her soul, not the conception of Jesus in the womb of a virgin. This is a pet peeve of mine, which is really irrational, as I am no longer Catholic, and it is understandable that someone not steeped in the CC wouldn't know.

It is also my birthday, and I am not working, so I will absolutely be watching this. I hope it isn't too soft pedal, but it is a morning show, hardly a hotbed of hard journalism, but methinks the Pearl tour is a slow moving trainwreck, and they had absolutely no idea it would be like this. They must honestly believe the bullshit they believe. wow.

I hired a guy, honestly, because he correctly quoted Oscar Wilde to me in his interview. He wouldn't have made it in the door without skills, but I am that shallow.

The Pearls are soooooo creepy. The "patriarch" (that word makes me laugh) of that family looks like a major pervert.

Daddy Pearl would feel like he died and went to heaven if he'd move to Saudi Arabia; if he'd convert to Islam he'd love it there.

I would like to read some of their books but I have no intention of giving them any $$$. I hardly think that our public libraries would carry their books, but I'll look around.

What's a girl to do....I'm interested in "To train a child" (just that title makes me wanna vomit; we "train" a horse and we "raise" a child) and "To Be his Helpmeet" (barf).

Man, he's not too bright. One would think Mike and Debi would want to keep the media out of this. I guess it's another venue for teh crazee to come out.

As I understand, the segment was pre-taped on Thursday and was supposed to air today, but apparently got bumped for "real" news.

Isn't the Today Show the one that coddles the Duggars every time they have an announcement? If it's the same show, I don't expect them to ask critical questions.

What's a girl to do....I'm interested in "To train a child" (just that title makes me wanna vomit; we "train" a horse and we "raise" a child) and "To Be his Helpmeet" (barf).

My library used to have the Helpmeet book, but it was taken off the shelves. There was a free copy of TTUAC on the web and the site owner took it down. That makes me sad because it was great for showing people exactly how crazy the book is.

Is this the segment that was supposed to be shown today (on Today :D yes, I am easily amused, why do you ask? )?

I'm sitting here, waiting for the appearance of Poisonous Pedagogy Pearl.

They seem to be focusing on parenting today. Right now, they're talking about tired and stressed mothers who use sleep aids to chilll.

Another chance for the world to see what a moon-shine swilling, washboard-playing, corn-cob smoking, jack@ss he is.

You forgot banjos. Like in "Deliverance."

thoughtful,

I've had the sound on, and all they've done is talk about holiday decorating, hostess gifts, and Maahtha Stewart made Christmas cookies.

I don't see how I could have missed it. I'm getting irritable and impatient.

I'm beginning to wonder if they cancelled him??? Though we do have another hour to go. (I hope that they give the interview to Matt and that he's tough.)

thoughtful,

I've had the sound on, and all they've done is talk about holiday decorating, hostess gifts, and Maahtha Stewart made Christmas cookies.

Oh, I know -- I only need to glance up after a commercial to see if whoever is leading into the next segment has "serious face" on to know if I should turn on the sound. :lol:

I just have no tolerance for commercials or the usual banter on a show like this.

Maybe it got bumped again, but for what? Alec Baldwin playing Words With Friends is not exactly a hostage situation in Pakistan (which is what I assumed bumped it on 12/2).

The Pearls are soooooo creepy. The "patriarch" (that word makes me laugh) of that family looks like a major pervert.

Daddy Pearl would feel like he died and went to heaven if he'd move to Saudi Arabia; if he'd convert to Islam he'd love it there.

I would like to read some of their books but I have no intention of giving them any $$$. I hardly think that our public libraries would carry their books, but I'll look around.

It was here: achristianhome.com/to_train_up_a_child.htm but has been removed due to the "controversy." I saved it and can email it as a word doc. PM me if interested...

Isn't the Today Show the one that coddles the Duggars every time they have an announcement? If it's the same show, I don't expect them to ask critical questions.

Agree. And it's a crime for someone to softball Michael Pearl. :naughty:

Archived