IGNORED

"Bill got hard"

Kdw

Even your iPad can figure out he is a dick, too bad so many fundies can't!

I was looking him up because I don't know as much about him as you all do. Is he the leader of the "quiverful" movement a "pastor" or what? Give me the cliff notes ;)

He's the founder of IBLP (Institute of Basic Life Principles) and ATI (Advanced Training Institute), family/homeschool groups that the Duggars, Bateses, Staddons, and Kellers are members of. They provide the "Financial Freedom Seminar" that Jim Bob always talks about when someone asks how they're able to stay out of debt and focus on character qualities ( duggarfamily.com/content/character_qualities ). The curriculum includes the "Wisdom Booklets" that the Duggars use (or used to, anyway) for their homeschool. Oh, and my personal favorite, Mr. Gothard believes that Cabbage Patch Dolls cause fertility problems. :roll:

Cabbage Patch Dolls cause fertility problems .... please explain / link cause I really need to know how someone comes to that conclusion. That is a special kind of crazy.

Also, you all probably know this site.. but www.damnyouautocorrect.com is hysterically funny

http://www.pfo.org/bgothard.htm (see the bolded text if you don't feel like reading all of this)

"The Gothard response also says, “Richard Fisher states: ‘...He [Gothard] taught that the highly popular Cabbage Patch Kids® dolls were causing strange and destructive behavior in children that could only be alleviated when the dolls were removed or destroyed.’†The team then ignores the report of a 1986 letter to PFO from the Gothard organization itself saying that the Cabbage Patch Kids were “a violation of the first Commandment†and a deterrent to children wanting to raise up godly children later in life. Perhaps this letter went out with Gothard’s full knowledge and approval and is now an embarrassment to him.

The Gothard team did cite The Quarterly Journal critique’s statement that there was “no allowance made for other environmental and social factors in the homes.†It appears that letters and testimonials were accepted at face value without any investigation of backgrounds or long-term results. Many of Gothard’s teachings are based upon anecdotal stories and devoid of scriptural basis.

The team tries to conciliate by adding, “Bill reported this information during the basic seminar and provided documentation to those who requested it. This produced many additional testimonies from parents who saw dramatic freedom as soon as the Cabbage Patch Kids® dolls were removed. The parents were the ones giving the warnings, not Bill’s teaching.†This is a useless nuance. If a preacher endorses testimonials from his pulpit, and those testimonials teach something, then the preacher is teaching it, if not directly then by endorsement and approval.

Gothard has published even more claims about Cabbage Patch Kids since that first letter. His January 1996 Basic Care Newsletter from his Medical Training Institute defines the potential of the once-popular dolls. The publication stated that there are a core of midwives that are working against “Satan’s program from Genesis to Revelation to destroy the Godly seed.†This report endorsed by Gothard and his organization then describes “cleansing the home from evil influences.†The midwives searched the homes for Cabbage Patch Kids dolls and Troll dolls. They believed the destruction of these facilitated the births. Just having these items in the home retarded a speedy delivery, said the newsletter. Attributing this much power to a doll goes beyond the pale of reason and lapses into pagan superstition."

Yes, every time I see his name I think "bill got hard" just like when I see ITOnRamp I think "one ton ramp."

Bill's problem is that he probably never did . . .

In the book by the Veinots and Henzel, Gothard had plenty of dates -- with 16 year olds when he was OLD.

So I think he gets hard plenty (maybe from navy blue and khaki together), and I don't want to know any more about it.

Archived