IGNORED

Further proof that girls are actually slaves

ophelia

Just read the latest article on "Raising Homemakers" and got sick while doing it. Those people shouldn't be allowed to have kids and I feel so so sorry for all the girls that suffer from that kind of childhood. To me this is also an abuse, because it forbids the girls to develop their own personalities and above all to be kids. So so sick!!

raisinghomemakers.com

And again, I find myself immensely grateful for the way I was raised and that my insane, single mother never bought into any religious BS. I am also among some of the luckiest people ever in that I get to watch my nieces, two of the most amazing young women to ever exist, grow up and kick the world's ass. The oldest has her sights set on law school and to date, she has never failed to reach a goal she has set for herself. Her motto in life is "I want to do something that matters; I want to make a difference". I am so grateful she hasn't been stunted or told how she has to live or what her purpose is. It's awesome watching her figure that out for herself.

"Help daddy be successful"? "Serve their brothers and fathers"? Oh, vomit. The last thing I want to teach my girls is to be slaves to males. :roll:

That article made me so sad...there's nothing wrong with helping others, of course, but to train women that it's their *sole* purpose? No. Just, no.

I mean, I was raised with a "lite" version of this (I didn't have any brothers and my dad is not an ass), and it's so, so dangerous to teach women that their only value is in serving men! It sets them up for abusive relationships and cripples their own development.

I suppose I do "serve" my husband...I do the laundry and cook most of our meals. But he serves me too! He pays the bills (a chore I *hate*) and takes out the trash. He's also more than willing to jump in with the cooking. We're working on splitting the other chores- I can't tell you how much I leaped for joy when I came home from work on Veteran's Day (when he was off work) to find him vacuuming! But according to the writer of the article, that probably means I'm a failure as a wife and my husband has ceased to be a man...

Train them up to be mommies by allowing them the honor of holding baby, changing diapers, reading books, and feeding baby. If you have toddlers and pre-K age children, let older girls teach a subject or two.

The "honor" of holding a baby and changing a diaper? WTF? "Let" the girls teach a subject. Fuck ME! Say what you mean! HAVE the older kids so shit for you because you're too tired pregnant lazy to raise your children yourself.

Train them up to cook a meal for the family at a relatively young age. The meal does not have to be complicated, but something as simple as pancakes and scrambled eggs can be a blessing to a tired or pregnant mama.

See above.

Why wont these people let their children be children? Run in the mud, chase frogs and fireflies. Color on the walls? Kids should be playing dolls not feeding babies.

Why wont these people let their children be children? Run in the mud, chase frogs and fireflies. Color on the walls? Kids should be playing dolls not feeding babies.

Dontcha know that babies are just like real live baby dolls? Dolls wont teach you how to be a mommy silly!!!!

"train them up" always made me think of dogs, or really animals in general. but the animals would probably take offense to me associating them with something like this.

*edit* i'm secretly bill gothard now! yay!! :mrgreen: :clap: :dance:

It's rather ironic, isn't it? These people are so anti-Darwin and they'd spit hot coals in your face if you even suggested that humans and apes share a common ancestor, yet they "train" their kids like animals.

As a man, I gonna be honest with you gals,

In every (straight) man's dream, there is a castle, a crown, a scepter, a comfy throne, and a harem of wives, concubines, mistresses, lovers and strippers; all buxom, slender, big-breast or big-butt, perky and either sexy or innocent-looking. Waiting to serve him, to please him, to flatter him, and even to play hard-to-get. Because he believes he sees himself as superior (physically) he has every right to dream himself as this Emperor/King/Maharaja in a total narcissistic, self-pleasing manner but in reality he is actually having delusions of autoerotic self-pleasures.

In short, we men not only dream of making love to harems, we also dream of making love to ourselves. At least, the androcentric phallic-worshiping fundies are. But in research, it is stated that men are more promiscuous then women are.

And what those women on that site just said makes them sound like they have a penis envy or at least internalized misogyny.

Having children of both genders myself, I see merits in participation of family life. My son knows how to change a diaper, load a dishwasher, now the lawn, clean out the clutter that accumulates over a months time in our suburban. My daughter can do the same things. I have no issue with children learning how to do tasks that as an adult they will need to do (minus any baby care stuff if they choose to not have a child). My own husband went off to college not knowing how to wash his own clothes which we both find sad. He also never changed a diaper until our oldest entered the world. Our older 3 get paid for their chores, and there is a balance between slave, family member, and learning basic skills. My oldest son loves making pancakes and my oldest daughter thinks helping dad change the oil is really fun. Even my not yet 3 year old likes to rake leaves and help put away laundry. My kids have plenty if time to relax and be kids, but they also help out and know our house runs smoother if everyone chips in. But this blog seems to be very gender specific in who should do what and the boys waiting patiently while their sisters served them part made me so pissed...like because they were born with a penis their "learning" involves twiddling their thumbs while the gals get food on the table.

Well, teaching your child to cook is a good thing. It's a valuable life skill, and they might enjoy it. My nieces LOVE making pancakes for us, they've been known to get up early to wash dishes, and they can entertain themselves for hours folding laundry. For sure I don't stop them! (I don't much understand them either, but I love them.)

But the difference, I guess, is that we don't force them to do this stuff incessantly either. They don't do more work than the grown-ups do, and unless we're all struck down with the flu or some disability they never will either. They're NOT the grown-ups in this house.

In every (straight) man's dream, there is a castle, a crown, a scepter, a comfy throne, and a harem of wives, concubines, mistresses, lovers and strippers; all buxom, slender, big-breast or big-butt, perky and either sexy or innocent-looking.

It's sweet how you maybe think women don't have the same dream, just with the sexes reversed.

Edit: Oh, gosh, Proverbs 31? I've read that one. Why do people think it's about a stay-at-home anything? This woman goes out and buys her own field, she sells her own goods and uses her own money to plant a vineyard, she goes out doing charity, she dresses herself nicely, and everybody knows who she is!

As a man, I gonna be honest with you gals,

In every (straight) man's dream, there is a castle, a crown, a scepter, a comfy throne, and a harem of wives, concubines, mistresses, lovers and strippers; all buxom, slender, big-breast or big-butt, perky and either sexy or innocent-looking. Waiting to serve him, to please him, to flatter him, and even to play hard-to-get. Because he believes he sees himself as superior (physically) he has every right to dream himself as this Emperor/King/Maharaja in a total narcissistic, self-pleasing manner but in reality he is actually having delusions of autoerotic self-pleasures.

In short, we men not only dream of making love to harems, we also dream of making love to ourselves. At least, the androcentric phallic-worshiping fundies are. But in research, it is stated that men are more promiscuous then women are.

And what those women on that site just said makes them sound like they have a penis envy or at least internalized misogyny.

I am glad I don't inhabit a straight man's dream! I do, however, appreciate your candor. It certainly helps illustrate how the male ego takes Christianity and warps it to the straight man's dream, or as close/legally as they can. In the race of straight male fantasy becoming reality, I believe Joseph Smith came closest to bringing it to fruition!

I am glad we have more mens here- what is it like to be inside the hive vagina?

It's rather ironic, isn't it? These people are so anti-Darwin and they'd spit hot coals in your face if you even suggested that humans and apes share a common ancestor, yet they "train" their kids like animals.

Favorite thing I have read all day. So true.

I am glad I don't inhabit a straight man's dream! I do, however, appreciate your candor. It certainly helps illustrate how the male ego takes Christianity and warps it to the straight man's dream, or as close/legally as they can. In the race of straight male fantasy becoming reality, I believe Joseph Smith came closest to bringing it to fruition!

I am glad we have more mens here- what is it like to be inside the hive vagina?

I like to think of myself as poetic, but I don't want to be too proud. I have had fantasies like this as well, but i never thought myself having sex with women, I create another man in my head (not based on me) and he makes love to the woman.

I come to think of myself as asexual with a libido, even though I'm a 23 year old virgin (not ashamed of it) because I never found interest in engaging in intercourse. But I do admire the ideal male and female beauty and physique.

In my poetic mind, Vanity is feminine (self-admiring) while Narcissism is masculine (self-worshiping)

Boys do not go untrained while sisters are serving. Boys should wait to eat until their sisters and mother are seated. They may stand as they wait for their sisters to sit as a form of respect.

Well that just makes everything better. As long as the girls are rewarded with tiny breadcrumbs of respect . . .

OT but Conuly, are you on Livejournal in the various parenting communities? Because if you aren't, you have a doppleganger. Same name and everything!

Back on topic. Raising sisters to serve brothers seems so.... icky. Maybe it's because I was the oldest in the family and had some authority over the younger ones, but the idea of serving my little brothers and letting them boss me around is bizarre. The idea of them standing until I got to the table out of respect is both laughable and sort of creepy. Just picturing this in action is so weird.

Yes, this is me everywhere... but I'm only in ONE parenting community there, P101. And yes, on TBW. And FreeRangeKids (using the name Uly). *thinks* And Dreamwidth!

I'd PM, but I can't do that. And I( have a cat in front of my face, so I can't even see myself type. HELP.

Having children of both genders myself, I see merits in participation of family life. My son knows how to change a diaper, load a dishwasher, now the lawn, clean out the clutter that accumulates over a months time in our suburban. My daughter can do the same things. I have no issue with children learning how to do tasks that as an adult they will need to do (minus any baby care stuff if they choose to not have a child). My own husband went off to college not knowing how to wash his own clothes which we both find sad. He also never changed a diaper until our oldest entered the world. Our older 3 get paid for their chores, and there is a balance between slave, family member, and learning basic skills. My oldest son loves making pancakes and my oldest daughter thinks helping dad change the oil is really fun. Even my not yet 3 year old likes to rake leaves and help put away laundry. My kids have plenty if time to relax and be kids, but they also help out and know our house runs smoother if everyone chips in. But this blog seems to be very gender specific in who should do what and the boys waiting patiently while their sisters served them part made me so pissed...like because they were born with a penis their "learning" involves twiddling their thumbs while the gals get food on the table.

Yep -- helping while learning and enjoying the company of a parent, and/or getting specific rewards for chores, is all fine.

It's the women-are-slaves crap, as you mentioned, that makes this stuff disgusting.

Oh, and I love your username!

Archived