IGNORED

Free little Johannah!

fakepigtails73

I watch most episodes of "19 Kids..." on You Tube.

Little Johannah is so cute and spunky. I just finished watching the ep. when she fell off her bike and had to get stiches. What was up with Michelle? Hannie was upset and crying; her mom was laughing and whooping it up for the camera (it reminded me of how she was when Jason fell in Atlanta).

Hannie is such a fun little girl who seems to be one of the most intelligent out of the Duggar children. It bothers me to no end to think that her future will most likely be doing her siblings' laundry, the cooking etc...Not going to school and making friends; did she mention that she'd like to be a doctor? I know she's 6, but still.

If anyone wonders why lots of us hate Gothardism, look at that little girl whose spirit might be crushed in a few yrs. She'll likely have no choice in her destiny that a kid born in the USA in 2005 is allowed to have .

Free Hannie!

I know she certainly won't be allowed to become a doctor, too many defrauding penises in her adult life if she does it.

I am totally on the Free Hannie horse.

Here's what concerns me about the notion of "freeing" the children after Joy: I don't think they will have even the semblance of the SOTDRT education that the older ones had. In addition, their lives seem to have no routine at all. How will these younger children ever, ever be able to leave, if they have to find and hold a real job?

The younger kids at least have a chance of getting a good education if they're freed now.

And they do seem to have some sort of routine- at least that's what Ma and Pa say, but between Jessa doing the schooling, the chores, and lunch& dinner there probably is some kind of routine. I'm a bit surprised that from what I know from the Duggars, that Gothard doesn't call for strict routines.

I think Hannie is a naturally intelligent child who picks things up quickly. There was an episode where Michelle was trying to teach Jackson his letters and Hanniecameover and gave the correct answer. Now I am sure she would be behind but with a dedicated teacher she would probably catch up.

I have more hope for Hannie and the rest of the little ones than I do for the older or middle cohorts of Duggar children. By the time the youngest bunch reaches their late teens, Jim Bob and Michelle will be too old and worn down to keep those kids in line. Already, they're freer than their older siblings because they have known no other life than the one they've lived on television. Also, the baby train has to stop sometime. Johannah isn't going to be taking care of infant siblings when she's 17 simply because there won't be any more. The worst case scenario for her is if Josie or J20 are so severely disabled that they require lifelong care. Even then, it's likely that one of the older sisters will get stuck with that job.

Didn't Hannie have to tell Jackson that Monkey starts with M not J?

don't forget when she told us to be careful of the bears in NYC!! :mrgreen:

I have more hope for Hannie and the rest of the little ones than I do for the older or middle cohorts of Duggar children. By the time the youngest bunch reaches their late teens, Jim Bob and Michelle will be too old and worn down to keep those kids in line. Already, they're freer than their older siblings because they have known no other life than the one they've lived on television. Also, the baby train has to stop sometime. Johannah isn't going to be taking care of infant siblings when she's 17 simply because there won't be any more. The worst case scenario for her is if Josie or J20 are so severely disabled that they require lifelong care. Even then, it's likely that one of the older sisters will get stuck with that job.

However couldn't Johannah and the other little ones get stuck taking care of nieces and nephews once they hit their teens? If J20 is the last one and there are enough of the little girls to share the workload. Josie seems to be developing somewhat and while I question the idea that she is developing normally it would appear that she is not going to be unable to walk or talk at all. Probably with some careful instruction from Jill she will even be able to complete simple chores by the time she's a teenager and be of some use to Jimbob and Michelle as a SAHD. Of course J20 could end up severely disabled but I think Jill is most likely to be a SAHD for life if a sibling needed her. Anyways if the need isn't there at home then couldn't Johannah be farmed out to somebody else to help them? I could see Jessa requesting one of her younger sisters to come slave er help with her many children.

Good points. I do think the youngest bunch will probably controlled less by Boob and Mullet when they hit their teens. They will be in their 50's and at that point TLC will be gone and they won't have to keep the "always happy" charade. I really think the baby train will end after 20. I agree if Josie or J20 end up having special needs, one of the older sisters will remain in the family to care for them.

I kind of feel bad for the younger kids, because once TLC is out of the picture, they will have hard adapting to not having so many perks. The kids that remember life before TLC will probably hurt once the gravy train ends, but they will learn to re adapt to having less again.

I worry that without TLC the Duggars won't have to pretend that soft words of praise keep their children in line. However I think a couple of the middle kids might escape, which will pave way for the youngests to join them.

I worry that without TLC the Duggars won't have to pretend that soft words of praise keep their children in line. However I think a couple of the middle kids might escape, which will pave way for the youngests to join them.

I think the one middle kid that might escape is Joy. I think Joy would be the type to get her younger siblings out of the lifestyle.

Hannie might be my favorite Duggar, she is such a delightful spitfire. She won me over when she was a toddler and peed on JimBob one time and ever since has blown me away with her intelligence and ehr fire. I wish I could help her have a life where she gets a real education, has friends outside her family and activities that would enrich her life beyond whatever TLC funded crap.

And it's really infuriating to see how her parents try to discourage and downplay her friendship with her brother Jackson as hey get older and funneled into gender segregated activities. Those two seem to give the best talking heads.

However couldn't Johannah and the other little ones get stuck taking care of nieces and nephews once they hit their teens? If J20 is the last one and there are enough of the little girls to share the workload. Josie seems to be developing somewhat and while I question the idea that she is developing normally it would appear that she is not going to be unable to walk or talk at all. Probably with some careful instruction from Jill she will even be able to complete simple chores by the time she's a teenager and be of some use to Jimbob and Michelle as a SAHD. Of course J20 could end up severely disabled but I think Jill is most likely to be a SAHD for life if a sibling needed her. Anyways if the need isn't there at home then couldn't Johannah be farmed out to somebody else to help them? I could see Jessa requesting one of her younger sisters to come slave er help with her many children.

Yes, I can see the yiunger Duggar girls being farmed out to help with nieces and nephews, but that would be a temporary situation. We already saw Joy helping out at Josh and Anna's after Michael was born, but she's not going to spend her whole adolescence living in their home and taking care of Mac & Mike. And at least Josh and Anna have a TV!

Message for Josh or anyone from the family monitoring this board :hand:

Noone here is planning annything nefarious, so no worries! (Being on TV often like they do they must get their share of stalkers following them, shudder...)

When I say "Free Hannie" it means that I want her to keep the lovely spirit she has, that it would be awesome if she enters college later on (even a Christian one like Liberty College-even if I'd wish Ivy League for her) she seems to be the most intelligent of the 7 and under gang...It means that she has much more potential in her than for her life to be the "repeat" version of Michelle's. :clap:

But why do I care...

ETA: cute video FMJ, thanks! We can see how she grew in the last couple of yrs as her hair darkened a bit and she has lost a bit of baby-fat. I wouldn't be surprised if she would look like JoyAnna in a few yrs.

Oh, and yeah, I think that it is so sad to think that Jackson and Hannie will be seperated as they get older. It's very cruel. Were JD and Jana ever really close? How about Josiah and JoyAnna? JB and Michelle have very sick thoughts if they cannot trust their daughters being close to their fave brother during puberty... :cry:

Message for Josh or anyone from the family monitoring this board :hand:

Noone here is planning annything nefarious, so no worries! (Being on TV often like they do they must get their share of stalkers following them, shudder...)

When I say "Free Hannie" it means that I want her to keep the lovely spirit she has, that it would be awesome if she enters college later on (even a Christian one like Liberty College-even if I'd wish Ivy League for her) she seems to be the most intelligent of the 7 and under gang...It means that she has much more potential in her than for her life to be the "repeat" version of Michelle's. :clap:

But why do I care...

ETA: cute video FMJ, thanks! We can see how she grew in the last couple of yrs as her hair darkened a bit and she has lost a bit of baby-fat. I wouldn't be surprised if she would look like JoyAnna in a few yrs.

Oh, and yeah, I think that it is so sad to think that Jackson and Hannie will be seperated as they get older. It's very cruel. Were JD and Jana ever really close? How about Josiah and JoyAnna? JB and Michelle have very sick thoughts if they cannot trust their daughters being close to their fave brother during puberty... :cry:

I seem to recall that on one of those question specials, Jana (I think?) was asked if she was close to her twin while they were growing up, and she said something hedgy like "well, yes, but obviously I had more in common with my sisters since we're the same gender" or to that effect. The way she said it made it obvious that she'd been taught not to be close to her twin. I think it was Jana and JD they were talking to/about... it might have been one of the younger pairs.

I seem to recall that on one of those question specials, Jana (I think?) was asked if she was close to her twin while they were growing up, and she said something hedgy like "well, yes, but obviously I had more in common with my sisters since we're the same gender" or to that effect. The way she said it made it obvious that she'd been taught not to be close to her twin. I think it was Jana and JD they were talking to/about... it might have been one of the younger pairs.

Ohmygod, that makes me so sad! My younger brother was the light of my fundie-medium childhood, and it makes me so sad to think that these poor darlings will be denied even that enjoyment and sense of connection with others! *sigh* I guess the point of fundie-ism really is to remove all possible joy or goodness from life. :cry:

Ohmygod, that makes me so sad! My younger brother was the light of my fundie-medium childhood, and it makes me so sad to think that these poor darlings will be denied even that enjoyment and sense of connection with others! *sigh* I guess the point of fundie-ism really is to remove all possible joy or goodness from life. :cry:

Yes, sad... :( Actually now that I think about it more, I think it may have been the boy they were talking to. I think it may have been JD who said this, and said he was closer to his brothers. As you can see I don't remember this particular episode very well, but I do remember the gist of the comment and thinking it was sad.

Archived