IGNORED

Teri got a quilt.

Justme

He bible study group made it for her and gave it to her in Sept. Guess they're a little behind in their blog entries... :roll: They all wrote a bible verse in a square and Non reversal Anna actually signed her name Anna Marie. (She does have very pretty handwritting, unlike most of the rest.) This study group is what "inspired" Teri to write her latest book.... :?

(It is a pretty quilt. Before I had a family, I was into quilt making and made several. They are quite time consuming.)

The little white crosses on the quilt made me think of the rows and rows of white crosses at the Normandy American cemetery.

Guest Anonymous

All those young women being subjected to a bible study focused around Teri's recovery from depression..... :shock:

I have recently started quilting; though nothing nearly as intricate as that design. What a funny thing to do - using ink handwriting on a quilt. It would have been a lot prettier if they had written the verses in disappearing ink pen and then stitched over the lettering using a quick running stitch or something.

Poor "Anna Marie" probably spent her entire courtship period copying out her new name until she got it just right. It's not as if she'll ever need to develop a signature scrawl for signing off cheques and legal documents... :roll:

I'm impressed that she's allowed to associate with anyone not underGod's Steve's authority. I wonder if Steve supervises.

Wait! They let women get together and talk about the Bible without Stevie or another male watching over their shoulders making sure no one had an independent thought? I'm actually shocked.

Anna has her hair down in that picture. :o Its a fundie style, but the back is down! If only she would let the front down as well and use a little anti frizz product . She is getting there...

She has a bible study group? Wow, I didn't think she sould be allowed. And they were probably saving up something this exciting to post about since they knew that people giving them gifts who are not in their family is new and exciting for them and it's not gonna happen often.

Wait! They let women get together and talk about the Bible without Stevie or another male watching over their shoulders making sure no one had an independent thought? I'm actually shocked.

Oh, don't worry. I bet he demands a full play-by-play every night before bedtime so he can step in and correct anything that doesn't agree with God's views.

That is an awfully pretty quilt, and you guys are right. NRAnna has lovely handwriting.

Meh.

Maxwells out number non-Maxwells in the group 7 to 5 (counting Sarah behind the camera). That makes it a Maxwell group where ideas are Maxwell ideas and nothing is done spontaneously. The quilt was a long-stnading plan, I imagine.

The quilt's crosses look like x's, and did I not know that this was a Christian group, I'd never imagine it was.

I'm sure the quilt was a lot of work and that the ladies enjoyed it. But as with most things Maxwell, it's ... flat.

Oh, and also: A carpet in the Maxwel manse? How decadent! Steve must gotten some revelation From His Time In The Word With The Lord to have permitted iinstallation of such a potential idol! Especially with all them bare-footed wimmen around!!! ;)

Handy way to market your wares. How convenient, right during Christmas gift buying season, to put up a post about something that happened in September. It looks like the "C" family is the same family who joined the work party before the last trip and the only other family in their Elder Care church.

The young lady on the far left has a very pretty black-and-white skirt. I would totally wear that! But - horrors! You can see her ankles! How could Steve allow her into their house dressed like that??

The young lady on the far left has a very pretty black-and-white skirt. I would totally wear that! But - horrors! You can see her ankles! How could Steve allow her into their house dressed like that??

Filth, the lot of it. I will pray for them.

That really is a nice gift - although I, too, am curious as to why the verses aren't stitched in. Won't the writing fade if the quilt ever needs to be washed?

Filth, the lot of it. I will pray for them.

We all need to be vigilant in our prayers; we do not want Teri making that quilt into an idol!

I think the quilt is quite pretty, I like the variety of fabrics. I do have to admit though that reading the entry as a whole, it has a whiff of the advertisement about it!

Mary's handwriting is interesting, even as sheltered as she is, she managed to get into the "hearts for dots over the i" stage, hehe :)

I've been to parties where everyone is asked to sign the tablecloth, and then the signatures were stitched over later (possibly before the non-fade pens were a thing). Each year there would be more signatures on that same tablecloth, and you could see kids' handwriting change.

These days there are places that will print photos onto cloth, I've seen quilts made with photo panels that way.

I am NOT a quilter, but I agree that they make lovely gifts. A Mennonite women that I worked with at the time gave me a handmade baby quilt when my 9yo daughter born AND she hand-baticked the fabric so it had this gorgeous pattern of little batiked pastel fishies. I cried when I opened the package.

They all wrote a bible verse in a square and Non reversal Anna actually signed her name Anna Marie. (She does have very pretty handwritting, unlike most of the rest.)

Those are the two things I noticed too! The juvenial handwriting of the other Maxwell girls is shocking!

I think the quilt is quite pretty, I like the variety of fabrics. I do have to admit though that reading the entry as a whole, it has a whiff of the advertisement about it!

Mary's handwriting is interesting, even as sheltered as she is, she managed to get into the "hearts for dots over the i" stage, hehe :)

Agree 100 % with the "whiff of advertisement".

I noticed Mary's hearts too. So much like a typical teen, and yet so not. Wouldn't she have a ball in regular high school with BFFs, and boyfriends?

Am I bad that when I saw the title I read "Teri got a guilt". I was wondering if she had guzzled a 2L of Pepsi or something and was doing penance?

Penance: atonement, expiation, self-punishment, self-mortification, self-abasement, amends; punishment, penalty.

Steve told her everything the bible study would cover, how it would proceed, what Teri could dare to answer for others, who was allowed to say what...all of it. I don't doubt for one second that he held and exerted his control of every askpect of that 'ladies' bible study. Teri was the talking head, Steve was athe man behind the curtain.

I really - really - have to wonder if non-reversal Anna had any clue what she was getting into and how she has coped with life as a Maxwell. That has got to be the hardest thing she's ever done in her life and the poor girl probably didn't even get a choice. If she was approved by Steve, she must have come from a family just that idolizes daddy just as the Maxwells do; no other family is good enough or allowed in the Maxwell sphere or existence.

I hope they at least have a son. More Maxell daughters would be tragic.

Archived