IGNORED

So Sarah Mally, author of Before you Meet Prince Charming..

homeschoolmomma1

Someone wrote a hilarious review of Before You Meet Prince Charming. The link is in the FJ reference library.

ETA link:

bookreviewprince.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-home.html

thats what I was just talking about haha

I saw it in the links before- very link worthy very funny I wish that blog writer would have reviewed more books

They were at the duggar's house not to long ago, there were pics on the website blog. I bet they will be in a episode sometime soon.

thats what I was just talking about haha

I saw it in the links before- very link worthy very funny I wish that blog writer would have reviewed more books

Oops, I thought it was a question with the question mark inadvertently left off. I see now you were making a statement. I'm not sure I could have made it all the way through that book.

I read it, thinking about my first graders at the time. Even they would have read through the lame metaphors and recognized it for the crap that it is.

Eh, between that and the two Duggar tomes, that's about 4 hours of my life I won't get back, but the snarking makes those lost hours worthwhile. :mrgreen:

These SAHDs live in fairytale, forever waiting for a prince charming that doesn't exist. But really, all of their dreams are fairytales. They think that if they do all the correct rituals, they'll get this dream of a perfect husband, perfectly healthy painless pregnancies, and dozens of perfect obedient children. They've been sold a bill of goods and they'll sit around waiting forever for something that doesn't exist.

She's 32? I'm guessing that's old maid land in certain areas of the Christian community. If she gets married it will probably be to a man that has already been married.

HOW CAN SHE BE 32 AND NOT REALIZE THAT WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO DO IS NOT WORKING?!!!!!!

Sorry, had to get that out.

BTW I'm so verbose today because I am procrastinating.

Anyone noticed farmgirl's response? She wrote a comment where she stated that she felt sorry for us - for the women who didn't understand the submission-thing. :doh:

Farmgirl, please don't feel sorry for us. We understand our true worth, not just as women, but as human beings.

Archived