IGNORED

"Response to a Failed Courtship" poem

Marian the Librarian

On Scott Brown's blog: scottbrownonline.com/a-response-to-a-failed-courtship/

Where to begin??? :roll:

I like how he had to specify that it was "funny satire".

Yeah, as opposed to what - "sad satire"? :?

Whoa, wasn't that a knee-slapper.

I'd love to know how Scott and the abundantly maned Deborah got together. Did he have to write out a statement of beliefs for her father? Answer a list of 27 to 89 questions about his doctrine?

What's the snark about entrepreneurism equalling pyramid schemes? So, the NCFIC'ers despise MLM like Amway and Thirty-one and DK and Mary Kay?

MLM money, AFAIK, would buy as many VF books and swords and admissions to NCFIC Seminars At Brown's Barn as would money earned from "true" entrepreneurship.

I mean, c'mon, fellas, get true and pure in your entrepreneurial spirit: Start a toy and book catalog! Wait, what? Done already? No problem.

Start a council supporting family-integrated churches and sell conferences and .... what?! Again??!!

These guys are especially amusing when they start laughing at others themselves. They're laughing at themselves, aren't they. Riiight.

What a dreadful poem. Reads like it was written in the 19th century by a C student. The rhymes don't work. There is no punctuation. Why is this "post mortem"? Did he die of embarrassment when the lady in question rebuffed him?

Further proof that fundies have crap senses of humour. I await any proof of the contrary.

I particularly love the reference to dressing up as Robert E. Lee- because that was supposed to win her over?? Great!

Couldn't help but see that as a sly dig at the Dougster. Or am I reading too much into it?

Couldn't help but see that as a sly dig at the Dougster. Or am I reading too much into it?

I didn't think of that- but it totally could be! I don't know much about this Charles Churchill that wrote it- perhaps he finds Dougie's dress up a little silly?

(edited to remove extra character)

Whoa, wasn't that a knee-slapper.

I'd love to know how Scott and the abundantly maned Deborah got together. Did he have to write out a statement of beliefs for her father? Answer a list of 27 to 89 questions about his doctrine?

What's the snark about entrepreneurism equalling pyramid schemes? So, the NCFIC'ers despise MLM like Amway and Thirty-one and DK and Mary Kay?

MLM money, AFAIK, would buy as many VF books and swords and admissions to NCFIC Seminars At Brown's Barn as would money earned from "true" entrepreneurship.

I mean, c'mon, fellas, get true and pure in your entrepreneurial spirit: Start a toy and book catalog! Wait, what? Done already? No problem.

Start a council supporting family-integrated churches and sell conferences and .... what?! Again??!!

These guys are especially amusing when they start laughing at others themselves. They're laughing at themselves, aren't they. Riiight.

:laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-rollingyellow:

At first read-through yesterday, I thought the poem was mocking the entire courtship procedure and wondered if Scott Brown was starting to see courtship differently than he had before. But then I realized he'd probably posted the poem just to ridicule a certain type of suitor or maybe to poke fun at the folly of all wooers of men's daughters. Could it be that it was to mock Doug? That was an interesting thought someone had on here. :think: Are the Browns and Phillipses at odds with one another?

I don't know the intentions of the author Charles Churchill, but he probably didn't mean for his poem to paint courtship in an unflattering light. Still, I think it did just that.

Left a post saying it was poorly written and humorless, cause it was

It seems like Peter Bradrick left a comment for you. :shock:

Archived