IGNORED

Rebecca K. !!!!!!!11111!!!!!! *sensitive*

WonderingInWA

I just spent a few minutes on the blog, but it hardly looks like squalor. I'd rather live in that trailer/modular home than AD's much larger house, just sayin'.

I see nothing wrong with voluntary simplicity, per se - living a modest lifestyle or choosing free time/creative pursuits at home rather than maxing earning potential - as long as all dependents have the essentials of food, shelter, and education.

I see a huge difference between this young woman and Chris Jeub. Chris Jeub is aggressively selling his lifestyle. He also uses his voluntary level of poverty to say poverty isn't that bad, we don't need all these govt. programs to keep from starving. Then he turns around and practically begs for money when the bills get too high.

I really see nothing that snarkworthy, or for that matter, remotely interesting, in this blog. It's just depressing to me.

But maybe it's just me, I have never felt the attraction of following the Maxwells either. I just find them boring and depressing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhh, the vow renewal photos were just plain hideous.

And the cakes. Oh, boy.

And just to explain -- I used the word "trailer" to refer to a manufactured home, not a travel trailer.

I think the girl has had a very sheltered life and has had little contact with the outside world. It looks like the only thing that could be exciting in her life is that they had unsaved people over for Thanksgiving. She asked for prayers for that reason in one of her comments on the Maxwell blog. I feel really sorry for this girl.

Okay, I know this is going WAY out there, but the more I look at photos of her and her living conditions and her family photos and reading what she writes (and making some conclusions about her literacy in general), is there a chance this poor girl is being physically abused?

Before I end up with an onslaught of hate messages, I want to defend myself. She looks really sad. Every smile on her face looks forced. The photos of her sister are the same -- forced smiles. Nobody in her immediate family looks genuinely happy...except her father. He completely grosses me out and I can't even put my finger on exactly why.

This girl is 20 years old, homeschooled (and not very well, it would seem), her family appears to be living on the poverty level (again, totally my opinion), and she just has that look in her eyes of "someone, please see this and save me".

Okay, bring it on, FJers!

And for those not familiar with her blog, it is listed below. Scroll back as far as you like:

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/

I find it hard to identify abusers by their looks. Some of the most wicked abusers I have come across look entirely normal and sometimes even seem to be the person who you would least suspect is abusing. It is even harder to me to identify abuse (unless glaring) in the context of blog posts. I suspect the fundie world has a fair amount of hidden abuse. How can it not when women are called to submit and keep sweet at all cost. In any case, this young woman seems to be in no more or less danger than most of the other fundie girl bloggers I read about.

I did notice that some of the guests at Thanksgiving were in slacks and the little girl with the black velvet top had on teeny jeans as well as one of those god awful hairbands.

My Mom lived in a mobile home (here in CA we don't call them trailers LOL :lol: ) and it was lovely. 2 full baths and 2 large bedrooms, huge kitchen and big dining area. It was a double wide and in the community she lived in there were triple wides that were exquisite.

She's thankful for her homeschooling, I wish she could expand her sights a little and see some more of the country besides Moscow Hills, Missouri. I know she took the Wilton classes so she could have her little cake business but that's not getting out and about.

oh lord, and then i go back another page and find the cakes they are paid (?????) to decorate!

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2011/10/recent-cakes.html

I think the first cake I -ever- decorated looked better than those. Ugh. Can we submit to Cake Wrecks, or do the hiswayserves crew not count cos they're not really professional decorators? :lol:

I think the first cake I -ever- decorated looked better than those. Ugh. Can we submit to Cake Wrecks, or do the hiswayserves crew not count cos they're not really professional decorators? :lol:

My daughter made this when she was 6 or 7 and I think it is about as good.

21574_293628262543_593927543_3466309_2191113_n.jpg

I don't think that people deserve to be snarked on solely because of their financial situation or because they live in a trailer. The dad is a janitor and fixes air-conditioning. At least he is providing a home for his family (unlike some "patriarchs" who sit on their asses thinking that "God will provide!!" the basic necessities). The house didn't look dirty or cramped or unsafe. I've never lived in a trailer but my husband did when he was young. His dad was relocated a lot and for a few years, it served them better than buying a house when they didn't expect to be in a place for more than 6-12 months at a time.

I also don't think it's fair to accuse someone of being a sexual predator based on appearance. Sure, the family looks kind of plain, but I see what appears to be genuine smiles and happiness in some of the photos. For example, the woman holding the two babies, and the girls being silly on their walk. Honestly, the father reminds me of a guy I used to work with; someone that I didn't really like, but I'd never accuse him of abusing his kids.

Now, what I did find snarkworthy -

- The hairdos for the anniversary/vow renewal rather unfortunate, considering they paid a stylist to come to the home. None of the hair styles looked professionally done.

- The writing. She seems to take after their beloved Maxwells - uncreative blog titles like "Lately" or the unfortunately titled post, "Coming".

- The visit to the "7 Wonders Science Center," featuring a paper-bag replica of Mt. St. Helens. Yeah, that's pretty bad.

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2011/11/lately.html

If you scroll down to the shots of women taking a walk, are those the women in her family? Joanna, Hannah, Susanna, Annah? Why didn't poor Rebecca get a name that ends with an nah sound? Maybe her parents were bored of it by the time she came around.

Annah is Rebecca's sister. The other girls are members of the Klein family. One of the Klein girls illustrated Sarah Maxwell's Moody books.

I know folks who live in modular homes/trailers. The homes are actually quite nice inside and out. I think when people think "trailer" they think some condemned POS in an oversized parking spot. Then again, it depends on how new they are, how well they've been maintained, etc.

They're pretty common in my hometown, so I don't see why living in one is snarkworthy. If it was a POS and they were fine with it, that's one thing...

I don't feel right snarking on people for being poor, especially in the current economic climate. Some people have lost everything through no fault of their own. And yes, they're living in trailers. Or cheap motel rooms. Or their parents' basements. Why would I want to kick someone who is already down? That's mean.

- The hairdos for the anniversary/vow renewal rather unfortunate, considering they paid a stylist to come to the home. None of the hair styles looked professionally done.

- The writing. She seems to take after their beloved Maxwells - uncreative blog titles like "Lately" or the unfortunately titled post, "Coming".

- The visit to the "7 Wonders Science Center," featuring a paper-bag replica of Mt. St. Helens. Yeah, that's pretty bad.

YES. I nearly spit water all over the screen when I saw the post simply titled "Coming." :lol:

And can we talk about the bridesmaids' dresses for the renewal? Specifically the collars? Wowzas!

I find her admiration of the Maxwells to be very sad. She is obviously trying to emulate them and spends as much time on their blog as some of us do! She just posted a cell phone video of Abby reciting a bible verse at one of the conferences they attended. She is almost always the first comment on any Maxwell blog post and she clearly looks up to them. The sad thing is I am sure the Maxwells look down on Rebecca and her family for things like frivolous cake decorating, eating too much (or at all), being fat, going to an actual church etc. etc. The rely on people like Rebecca and her family spending money on their over-priced crap and then retreat to their sanctimonious arrogance. You know something is wrong in your world when the Maxwell family are the "cool kids."

Y'all, my husband's family is somewhat like this, although not so fundie and a little less trailer park. They spend all their money at Fred's and Big Lots and think they're getting high quality goods. When they really want to splurge, they go to JC Penneys, but only for the big sales. It's what they can afford on what their menfolk can earn down at the plant (when they're not laid off) or traveling around maintaining the door openers for Wal-Mart.

The last wedding we had was in the country church and the cake was done by my SIL. Better than those on the blog we're discussing, but homemade is good enough for them. They're all pretty homely, too, and all of them would be in the C reading group in 2nd grade, if you know what I mean. I don't know how my husband escaped it, but he just has.

I can't snark on their poverty. I can't snark on their lack of intellect. They are all wonderful people in the only way they know how to be. I could see the people on the blog and my inlaws going to the same church and being friends.

Y'all, my husband's family is somewhat like this, although not so fundie and a little less trailer park. They spend all their money at Fred's and Big Lots and think they're getting high quality goods. When they really want to splurge, they go to JC Penneys, but only for the big sales. It's what they can afford on what their menfolk can earn down at the plant (when they're not laid off) or traveling around maintaining the door openers for Wal-Mart.

The last wedding we had was in the country church and the cake was done by my SIL. Better than those on the blog we're discussing, but homemade is good enough for them. They're all pretty homely, too, and all of them would be in the C reading group in 2nd grade, if you know what I mean. I don't know how my husband escaped it, but he just has.

I can't snark on their poverty. I can't snark on their lack of intellect. They are all wonderful people in the only way they know how to be. I could see the people on the blog and my inlaws going to the same church and being friends.

Many of my kinfolk, also. And I'm grateful for them.

Every time I see "Annah" I read it as "Hanna." Did she really need that extra "h" on the end of her name so everyone would know how to pronounce it?

I feel sorry for the "unsaved" who went to Rebecca's (no h?) house for T-day and were most likely pounced on by well-meaning but clueless girls concerned about their salvation. I have a feeling that Rebecca & fam use every opportunity they have to "spread the word."

These people did not have their souls saved through baptism,

but this is the verse I wanted to use.

''Behold, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things

are passed away, behold, all things have become new.''

II Corinthians 5:17

I'm confused by this quote under a picture of her sister and friend. Is it a caption of the above picture ("these people"), or is it separate from the picture? Because I thought the pictures on the page were mostly of people getting baptized - her friend included.

And *please* baby girl, it's "Here ARE some pictures," not "Here's some pictures." Here's = here is

That's really been bugging me.

Annah is Rebecca's sister. The other girls are members of the Klein family. One of the Klein girls illustrated Sarah Maxwell's Moody books.

Holy crap! Really?

Honestly, with the fundie hierarchy, what chance do these two amazingly homely depressed-looking girls have of marrying? Look at their parents. Yikes.

Rebecca K. !!!!!!!11111!!!!!! has got her eye on one of Stevie's boys, that's for sure.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-I6h5l-IhvCA/T ... CF7267.jpg

"We had a stylist come to our home that morning to do our hair" :roll: :dance: :dance: :lol: :lol: :doh: :doh: :roll:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lqPgObnL9F4/T ... CF7263.jpg

Urihah has pulled and has a new boyfriend:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3EXPJp8uKz0/T ... C00503.JPG

Someone's defruding John with a pose like that, are you dating? sorry courting?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m-rXb40vgBs/T ... C00510.JPG

I can't believe they paid for a lousy ridge braid. ffs, I do that almost every day to one of my girls. Takes about two minutes.

I can't believe they paid for a lousy ridge braid. ffs, I do that almost every day to one of my girls. Takes about two minutes.

Agreed! We call it a French braid here, but it's not hard to do and it normally looks better when not done on a woman with bad hair. The photo of the mother here makes me jump to conclusions. She is really overweight but her thin hair makes it seem like she is malnourished. Too much tater tot casserole and other cheap easy foods. Just a guess.

I have that feeling about so many fundie dads...

You really think her parents are that young?

The dad that makes the hair on my neck stand up is the Klein dad. He freaks me out. Every picture of him shows him sitting on his ass while the daughters, and younger children, are working their butts off. Don't get me started on him calling himself an architiect. The man freaks me out.

Archived