IGNORED

Rebecca K. !!!!!!!11111!!!!!! *sensitive*

WonderingInWA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ChickeyMonkey, I think she means that it's not baptism itself that saved their souls.

Ambiguity, we has it.

And can we talk about the bridesmaids' dresses for the renewal? Specifically the collars? Wowzas!

and the sheen from the flash...that fabric must feel like plastic wrap, it's so synthetic.

ChickeyMonkey, I think she means that it's not baptism itself that saved their souls.

Ambiguity, we has it.

I thought baptism was how they saved souls in that sect? Now I'm confused....

and the sheen from the flash...that fabric must feel like plastic wrap, it's so synthetic.

If it's those shiny dresses with the huuuuuuge collars you're talking about, I've seen costumes made from fabric that looks like that and the main feel is just COLD.

It works for a costume, but for a dress I'm not such a fan. The stuff we used didn't stretch, either, it was just stiff and shiny.

The people are probably Christian and baptized, just normal run-of-the-mill Christians who do not cover their hair or bow to the God of Shiny Pink Dresses.

The trailer snarking thing is interesting. But there's a clear line IMO between snarking *because* someone lives in a trailer and because someone lives like the Anasts or lectures about how there's nowt wrong with being poor like Chris Jeub does and then begs for donations. It's not the poverty, it's the selfrighteousness which the snark is aimed at.

The place where I live has dry rot, heating that barely works, no curtains, a dodgy landlord and regular petty crime. I would be an arsehole if I thought this made me "morally superior" not just "broke".

I have a political analysis of why people end up living in poor conditions but none of it involves "I will have female children, prevent them from working or moving out, live in a shitehole and expect them to look happy about this" as fundiebloggers seem to enjoy. Almost masochistic.

"Nothing's too good for the working class" is a slogan we have here :) No one should have to live in shitty conditions anywhere.

I thought baptism was how they saved souls in that sect? Now I'm confused....

In most fundamentalist sects, baptism is something you do after you get saved. Getting saved usually involves saying a sinner's prayer like the one posted here:

http://www.allaboutgod.com/sinners-prayer.htm

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.â€

You can say this prayer or one like it by yourself, or a Christian can say it with you. The key is, you have to believe it.

If only the girls didn't look so.... uber-plain.

Where in the bible does it say they have to make themselves ugly??

These frumperish outfits with the weird headcoverings... no. :snooty:

I would imagine that Stevie would not take to John's hand postion either ;-) -

They all look incredibly plan and pale. Maybe Lyndsie could come and sell them some make-up.

Their life looks dull.

:clap: and show her how to pose in photos...

Lyndsie (sp?) actually said once on her blog that she finally figured out how to pose her arm to make it look thinner -- the hand on the waist, crooked at the elbow. It's hard to believe there is so much thought put into posing for a photo, but she and her sister Kendyl (sp) and her SIL Amy are all over that pose! Holy crap! What do these people do all day other than think about how to look best in photos?

Sorry, going off topic here. But it's just so shallow.

Isn't that just the natural college girl pose that every younger woman just basically falls into? Hand in the waist, crooked at the elbow, weight on one foot?

Like this

a><!-- m -->

(Man, this was hard to find. Googling "college girl" all that comes up is pics of (undeniably hot) girls in bikinis or touching each other's boobs).

What do these people do all day other than think about how to look best in photos?

Wait for someone else to finance their adoption.

Since I have gotten way too round in my middle age I will definitely be using the "how to look thinner in photos'" advice .. Maybe I'll even be able to stop covering my upper arms, which I admit is not done out of modesty .. but because of all that jiggle in all the wrong places :P

Every time I see "Annah" I read it as "Hanna." Did she really need that extra "h" on the end of her name so everyone would know how to pronounce it?

I feel sorry for the "unsaved" who went to Rebecca's (no h?) house for T-day and were most likely pounced on by well-meaning but clueless girls concerned about their salvation. I have a feeling that Rebecca & fam use every opportunity they have to "spread the word."

I'm confused by this quote under a picture of her sister and friend. Is it a caption of the above picture ("these people"), or is it separate from the picture? Because I thought the pictures on the page were mostly of people getting baptized - her friend included.

And *please* baby girl, it's "Here ARE some pictures," not "Here's some pictures." Here's = here is

That's really been bugging me.

I think what she is saying is that they got baptized as a sign of their salvation but baptism isn't what saved them...

Archived