IGNORED

Fundie on my doorstep

Athena

The JWs are usually the ones in the big groups.

I don't mind the door-to-door people themselves (usually) but I don't like the idea at all. A lot of them come to my apartment building. They dress to the nines and act generally superior, like they have the answer to our poverty. I am sure they are surprised that most of the residents are traditional families, even some fundies. The bus ministries annoy the hell out of me because they drive this big noisy bus into the parking lot on a Sunday morning and HONK!HONK!HONK! until the kids come out. It's 8:30 AM on a Sunday! stfu!

They showed up at my door, on THANKSGIVING. I had just gotten out of the shower when the doorbell rang, I scrambled to cover myself up when I came upstairs, they were NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, then I noticed, they were TRYING TO KNOCK ON THE BACK DOOR.

Sadly, no one comes to my house anymore. I think the screaming, usually naked children who live with me might have scared them off. It also might have been the fact that I offered them a beer last time they came to the door. Or that I told the JW lady that I was too self centered to ever want to give up celebrating my birthday.

If they ignore the closed gate, the sign on the closed gate warning them about the dogs, my ignoring them at the door when they can clearly see me in the kitchen, then they deserve to be bitten in the ass by whichever dog gets there first.

:lol:

:lol:

There is a sign on my front door that says "Dogs are pyscho, DO NOT RING DOORBELL"

The pizza man KNOWS by this point to just call my cell.

Apparently the bible thumpers that showed up, couldn't read, or something.

I am a Christian, but dislike door to door *whatever* (religious, selling stuff, you name it).

I get people selling stuff alllll the time! "Excuse me, I noticed a crack in your windshield!" Um, for one, why the haaaayl are you looking all over, under, and around my car? Second, why the haaaayl would I trust some guy dressed like a bum who lives under the bridge and smells like alcohol with my car? Heck, at least dress like a mechanic with some coveralls and a toolkit instead of baggy yellow & black plaid pants and a dirty, oversized white t-shirt and baseball cap! Sheesh! I had some girl the other day come to my house asking if I'm the homeowner (nope!) so she could probably sell me some sort of insurance. And they always bang as loudly as they can, and ALWAYS during my son's nap!

In my experience, telling fundies at your door your Catholic usually makes them walk away instantly. Its like they think its catching or something. Unless they are Jehovahs Witness, I think they get extra points for converting Catholics. But telling anyone at your door you're an atheist makes them want to convert your heathen soul.

There is a sign on my front door that says "Dogs are pyscho, DO NOT RING DOORBELL"

The pizza man KNOWS by this point to just call my cell.

Apparently the bible thumpers that showed up, couldn't read, or something.

Your dogs sound awesome.

Your dogs sound awesome.

They are. You don't mess with Corgis. They think, perhaps rightly so, that they OWN THE UNIVERSE

At the last place I lived, I got tons and tons of door-knockers. One day I was bored so I decided to really grill the guy with questions. It turned out that he knew very little besides the talking points his group leader had given him. I asked him why he thought masturbation was wrong, all prepared to give him a lecture on why the story of Onan isn't about masturbation, but the poor guy didn't even know about the story of Onan. He couldn't give any biblical basis (or any basis) for his opinions, so I had nothing to argue against. He just waffled a lot and said he would think about it or ask his pastor. Eventually I realized that he probably didn't want to be there and was only doing it because of the enormous pressure his church put him, and likely most of the others were in his same position. They were just going through the motions because it was too hard to tell some powerful person that the really didn't want to. I felt a little sorry for him, but not that much. He looked pretty young, maybe even as low as late teens, so I have hope that I at least made him think about things and he'll seek out more information. He was from some denomination that doesn't normally proselytize; he wasn't Mormon or JW. We had too many churches in one small area so even the churches that normally recruit had to go door-to-door just to get enough members.

If they ignore the closed gate, the sign on the closed gate warning them about the dogs, my ignoring them at the door when they can clearly see me in the kitchen, then they deserve to be bitten in the ass by whichever dog gets there first.

Off topic, but what kind(s) of dogs do you have and do you have pictures. :) Thanks.

Archived