IGNORED

I wonder.... Journey to the Heart

FJismyheadship

Would it be wrong to infiltrate Journey To The Heart? Like seriously if I won the lottery, would it be wrong to sign up, and go embark on this journey... mostly to bring back the snark factor?

Not that I will win the lottery... but I was just curious.

I think that question is one that you should prayerfully explore in a quiet, secluded setting like the north woods, surrounded by other godly people with godly pastors to guide you.

Oh, wait...

NOT AT ALL, but could you do it with a straight face????? More importantly, is your hair long enough?

Mine is! (it's been cut "short" to the middle of my back). Sadly, I hate skirts.

A friend of mine cut it super short and right now its only chin length... but maybe I could wear a super long crunchy curly wig?

I was thinking about this earlier. According to the website, you get a personal interview with Bill Gothard himself on the first day. It's like 800 dollars. I bet though you have to get yourself there though. Hey I know, if I did set this up, I'd have an all call set up and those of you that were willing could drive me as far as you could go, and then hand me over to the next person... although if I had to take a "parent" one of you could go with me up there hahaha

Meh just a fun thought I had.

They are so incredibly invasive of your privacy that it would be really hard to get away with it. And since you're a child at any age until you're married, you would almost certainly need your parents to give permission, so they'd have to get in on the act too. You might even need references from your pastor, but maybe you could just claim that you home church so that's your dad. But you'd really have to know a lot of their slang to fit in and not raise suspicion. If you could manage it though, you totally should.

By the mane, that would be SO EPIC. But you would have to get a long wig, wear LONG skirts (show your ankles and you're done for!) and try to learn to play at least 2 "good" musical instruments. ex: :violin: flutes harp piano

NO MODERN REFERENCES- No modern singers, actors, video games. Talk about a lot of religious music.

I tried to apply for the Journey once.. I was bored and didn't want to realize that I could actually do something useful like university stuff. It's not that easy. You need to write some kind of essay about how Jesus works/worked in your life and I think your pastor or daddy has to write something too (in most cases its the same person though...) Maybe I remember wrong.

I would also donate if someone gives us an inside view.

I'd rather take the winnings and donate them in ATI's name to Planned Parenthood, or a group that helps young queer kids.

Haha, I've thought about doing something like that before.

I think I have a friend who did it (the Duggars got her family into Gothard, and I know she did some kind of camp there and had an interview with Gothard himself). I don't see her very often, but I'll have to see if I can get it to come up in conversation next time I do.

I'm not sure how I would handle the parent thing though. Is there anyone on here that would like to adopt me for the ten days I would have to be there?

I think I could pull it off... I have a very innocent look and nature... people take one look at me and assume I'm a goody two shoes... until they get to know me hahaha

Archived