IGNORED

More MckMama Drama

Beeks

mycharmingkids.net/2011/11/not-doing-so-hot/

Poor, poor MckMama! I bet another medical drama is on the horizon. And I love how she had to post this blog because she "hasn't been around much" and felt we needed to know why. Right. She's only posted like 15 blogs in the last two days.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't been around much my ass. She posted twice on the 26th and 27th, and once on the 28th (5 times in 3 days).

I know one thing for damn sure...she fails at the farm girl routine.

Hasn't been around much my ass. She posted twice on the 26th and 27th, and once on the 28th (5 times in 3 days).

I know one thing for damn sure...she fails at the farm girl routine.

She really does. Do they really eat ALL those eggs every day? I realize eggs are considered healthier than they once were but damn, her family is packing them away at an alarming rate. It can't be good for the heart.

They are living on a farm?! Wait, whhhhat? Is she making heirloom cheeses through an old dress like Emily? I should really go catch up on the crazy. Last I read, they were talking about filing for bankruptcy, so is "farm" code for "The Shack Out Back of some distant relative's house, with a couple of chickens and some wild squirrels"?

I can't decide if I should use the MWOP iteration of the moment, or give Mckmama Ingalls Wilder a click or two so her kids don't have to eat feed corn this winter...

Is 70 minutes total of schooling for the day typical for her oldest child (that's including independent work)? I don't follow her at all, but that seems alarmingly lacking.

and she tops it all of by homeschooling him at 8:00 P.M. Seriously???

She has said in the past that the oldest child has never required much sleep and often stays up till midnight. I guess he could do his best work in the late evening? I really don't know why she insists on homeschooling. 1) She's an idiot and 2) she's obviously completely overwhelmed. Just let the kids go to school, probably get a much better education, and get something of a break for yourself! Yeesh!

Guest Anonymous
Is 70 minutes total of schooling for the day typical for her oldest child (that's including independent work)? I don't follow her at all, but that seems alarmingly lacking.

Oh, keeperrox - she's a piece of work. Wait. She wouldn't know honest work if it bit her. She's a piece of something. I feel sorry for her kids.

They are living on a farm?! Wait, whhhhat? Is she making heirloom cheeses through an old dress like Emily? I should really go catch up on the crazy. Last I read, they were talking about filing for bankruptcy, so is "farm" code for "The Shack Out Back of some distant relative's house, with a couple of chickens and some wild squirrels"?

I can't decide if I should use the MWOP iteration of the moment, or give Mckmama Ingalls Wilder a click or two so her kids don't have to eat feed corn this winter...

Actually its been two bankruptcies, and Mcdaddy has a job now and they just got a working toilet again :roll:

Oh, keeperrox - she's a piece of work. Wait. She wouldn't know honest work if it bit her. She's a piece of something. I feel sorry for her kids.

I hate to defend MckMama.. cause I have no feelings for her what-so-ever.. but her oldest is only like 5 or something. So 70 min a day for a child that young is more than enough (in my opinion). If he was 9 or older, I'd say it's not enough, but for a child that young... I think 70 min is perfectly okay.

I was right: goats! straining cheese! playing farm! I really couldn't get through too much, her writing makes me nuts. When did the husband get a job working 12 hour shifts? That's new. The questionable photos of her children are not. *sigh* Such pretty children with a nutter for a Mcmama.

When I first read MWOP, I thought the posters were a bit mean and hasty and judgemental by calling MckMama a manic depressive, but now I see what they mean. I hope she can get some help and those kids don't take the brunt of it. Poor children.

I hate to defend MckMama.. cause I have no feelings for her what-so-ever.. but her oldest is only like 5 or something. So 70 min a day for a child that young is more than enough (in my opinion). If he was 9 or older, I'd say it's not enough, but for a child that young... I think 70 min is perfectly okay.

My perspective was that of an ebil working Mom who sent her her to kindergarden (full cay) at an ebil public school.

edited for a fuck and to add I think she's preggers.

When I first read MWOP, I thought the posters were a bit mean and hasty and judgemental by calling MckMama a manic depressive, but now I see what they mean. I hope she can get some help and those kids don't take the brunt of it. Poor children.

I generally think mwop is just as insane as Mck, but I do believe she has SOME sort of mental issues going on.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how old he is, which is why I asked. It seems odd, though, that she lets him work on something for 5 minutes, but then if he's bored with it, it's just, "Okay! Go out to play!" To me that says he's not ready for homeschooling. If he's only five, then other than encouraging independent reading and a little handwriting, anything else shouldn't even be pursued on a "schooling" level.

I generally think mwop is just as insane as Mck, but I do believe she has SOME sort of mental issues going on.

I think a lot of the things that are posted have valid points, and just as many are bitchy people being bitchy. But if I'd been fleeced by her, or felt manipulated by her, then I'd be pretty bitchy too.

I think a lot of the things that are posted have valid points, and just as many are bitchy people being bitchy. But if I'd been fleeced by her, or felt manipulated by her, then I'd be pretty bitchy too.

Honestly, I haven't read it in a long time. The conspiracy theories just got way too over the top. I thought it was great in the beginning when there was a different owner.

She really does. Do they really eat ALL those eggs every day? I realize eggs are considered healthier than they once were but damn, her family is packing them away at an alarming rate. It can't be good for the heart.

How many hens do they have? I can't remember and don't feel like going back to look. Hens lay about one egg a day, and as the days get shorter they can stop laying at all, so lots of people light their coops to give them more hours of light.

I have a bunch of hens, and while I do sell a lot of eggs, I eat a lot too- it's not like I'm eating fast food everyday or anything.

I don't think that they are going to stick with the "farm life" for long, but I don't see issues with the eggs. I bet she's going to freak out when they stop laying.

If my days seem long and exhausting, that’s because they are!
Your days do not seem long and exhausting, unless sitting with an iphone in your hand is strenuous.

Have you seen her delapidated, run-down farmhouse? The one with multiple bedrooms, fresh paint on every wall, perfect condition hardwood floors, air-conditioning vents in those floors, and GASP a tiny bit of rust in one of the sinks? How do you doooooooo it, Jen? It must be so exhausting, living in such a terrible house!

I swing back and forth with MWOP. I'm sure there are plenty of posters there who stay level-headed day in, day out, but the overall place seems to go back and forth between 'a bit bitchy but mostly on the mark' and 'what, seriously? Seriously?'

The commenters on MWOP can be off the rails, but the new owner is good and seems really objective.

I've kind of been keeping an eye on it since the old one imploded, and I like what Anja has done with the place.

Actually its been two bankruptcies, and Mcdaddy has a job now and they just got a working toilet again :roll:

Clue me in, please. How can one afford internet access to blog, but not afford to have a working toilet? Seems to be some messed-up priorities.

ETA: If she's doing it on an iPhone, the same question applies. I can't afford an iPhone; it's less the inital cost than it is the monthly charges.

Big Mac is only 5? I had no idea. Since she has 5 kids, I figured that he was at least 7. Good grief, can you imagine a baby a year for 5 years?

Eta~ I just looked at her site. The kids profiles are outdated. They are older now. I think he's probably 7

Archived