IGNORED

Herman Cain: Privacy For My Bedroom, Not Yours

Guest Member456

I voted for Obama, but I've been rather underwhelmed by him. I was really excited when I learned Huntsman was running, and thought he had a good chance. Just shows how much I underestimated the gravitational forces of the tea party-Republican Establishment binary star system.

What Austin has outlined about him is correct. What I think is really key is that he would be unlikely to spend much time on the domestic hot-button issues* as he tends to be more of a pragmatic foreign affairs-focused guy, which it probably what we need right now.

I have a close relative who knows most of the Huntsmans (Jon Sr. and sons/sons-in-law) personally, and while his opinion is that some of the sons-in-law have more questionable ethics, the blood Huntsmans tend to be genuinely stand-up guys. They do typically subscribe to "a woman's place is in the home" type stuff for their own family, but I don't think they objected to women working and succeeding in Huntsman Corp. even prior to it going public.

*While I think that maintenance of a woman's right to choose abortion and consenting adults' rights to choose their marriage partner is important, I think that the air time given to these issues is wildly disproportionate to the degree to which they affect day-to-day life for the average US citizen relative to other issues in the country. I'd like to see a little more time spent on public infrastructure, energy independence (especially through smart grids and green energy sources), and genuine improvement of our relationships with other countries so that maybe we can spend a little less money trying to control other leaders' behavior and a little more time improving everyone's situation through trade and economics.

Archived