IGNORED

Herman Cain: Privacy For My Bedroom, Not Yours

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous

Particularly egregious hypocrisy has been bolded by me.

ATLANTA, Ga. - An Atlanta businesswoman is breaking her silence, claiming she has been involved in a 13-year-long affair with Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, FOX 5 senior I-Team reporter Dale Russell sat down with Ginger White, who had an amazing story to tell.

“It was pretty simple,†White said. “It wasn't complicated. I was aware that he was married. And I was also aware I was involved in a very inappropriate situation, relationship.â€

In an exclusive interview on FOX 5 News at 6, Russell will tell you why White is speaking out now, and show you the records that she says back up her story. He also talks to Herman Cain, who denies the affair. Cain’s attorney, Lin Wood, released the following statement to just moments ago:

"Mr. Cain has been informed today that your television station plans to broadcast a story this evening in which a female will make an accusation that she engaged in a 13-year long physical relationship with Mr. Cain. This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace – this is not an accusation of an assault - which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults - a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public's right to know and the media's right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one's bedroom door.

Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media."

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/gi ... 0111127-es

So he should be totally cool with gay people, right? That's nobody's business but the people in the bedroom in question? No? Well then.

Also, that pretty much sounds like an admission that the affair happened.

**Edited to put the article in quote form for clarity. And also for fuck you.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults - a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public's right to know and the media's right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one's bedroom door.

Hmm, imagine that, a politician who wants privacy for himself, but for no one else:

Herman Cain is disgusting, and wants to bring back loyalty oaths! Awesome.

the guy is a real horndog. Makes bill clinton look like a saint.

yup.

Where did he sprung from? Not a Governor, Senator or Congressman? Not even a Mayor!

Weirdo.

The Republican candidates are a joke. I can't believe Cain's done so well.

It must be that great smoking ad he did.

Romney is the only one who can put together a coherent thought and sentence. Not crazy about him but he appears to be a grown-up.

It was obvious something was seriously lacking in these candidates when their most serious criticism of Rick Perry was that he attempted to do an executive mandate for the HPV vaccine. This was one of the few things that Perry did of which I approved. Even Faux News was taken aback. Their commentators were all "we're against vaccines now????" in a real puzzled way.

There are many things you can criticize Perry for. Trans Texas Tollway--where he gave a Spanish company the power of eminent domain--being the most egregious of many.

Don't you love how Cain's followers are blaming his sexual misbehavior on some kind of Democrat conspiracy? Oh please, like Pres. Obama would not love to run against Cain.... The early accusations were likely from the Perry camp.

The Republican candidates are a joke. I can't believe Cain's done so well.

It must be that great smoking ad he did.

Romney is the only one who can put together a coherent thought and sentence. Not crazy about him but he appears to be a grown-up.

It was obvious something was seriously lacking in these candidates when their most serious criticism of Rick Perry was that he attempted to do an executive mandate for the HPV vaccine. This was one of the few things that Perry did of which I approved. Even Faux News was taken aback. Their commentators were all "we're against vaccines now????" in a real puzzled way.

There are many things you can criticize Perry for. Trans Texas Tollway--where he gave a Spanish company the power of eminent domain--being the most egregious of many.

Don't you love how Cain's followers are blaming his sexual misbehavior on some kind of Democrat conspiracy? Oh please, like Pres. Obama would not love to run against Cain.... The early accusations were likely from the Perry camp.

I pray that if we have to a republican president in 2012, it will be Romney. He's not a true conservative at heart (he's not anything at heart), and has some intellect. Sure, he has no core, but that scares me a lot less than the fundamentalist crazees like Perry, Bachmann, and Santorum and the sheer nastiness of Gingrich. John Huntsman wouldn't be nauseating, either, but he's not getting any traction. I guess he makes too much sense for the constituency.

Seriously, just how stupid does Cain believe we all are? These women keep on coming forward, and he continues to deny all allegations. If it had just been one woman, maybe it could have been a hoax, but I think it's up to 6 now.

Now Gingrich is the front-runner? God help us all.

Now Gingrich is the front-runner? God help us all.

Nooooooooooo.......say it isn't so!

Oh, that man is odious on so many levels. Mitt Romney seems to have as much soul as a white Mormon politician is capable of; I don't like him the least.

I'd rather Huntsman than Romney, but that's not likely. Still, I almost like Huntsman. It's sad when I'm impressed by a Republican just being a reasonable person.

I sort of wish Cain would have gotten the nomination and then all the women accusing him would have come forward. Seeing Obama debate him would be kind of amazing. I suppose he's done now.

I have friends who are really into Cain and they just don't believe the women who are accusing him. One even said that we should believe the man accused (Cain in this case) instead of automatically believing the women. I also heard someone claim that all the women involved are gold-diggers. People say a lot of awful things when politics come up, so I don't know why this is bothering me so much. Maybe because it's making some people seem even more misogynistic than usual.

I don't think this latest scandal is such a big deal. At least it was consensual (as far as we know), unlike the the harassment charges. It is hypocritical, though, and I guess what he's been doing is illegal in Georgia, apparently (there's a word for it, but I'm quite drunk and can't think of it; I'm surprised I'm typing a somewhat intelligible comment at all. This might be less intelligible than I think. I guess I'll find out later. Thank goodness for spell-check, anyway)

I'm torn between liking the drama of the election process and just wanting it all to be over already. I had a dream last night that Stephen Colbert, in character, was the Republican nominee. I was just glad that the primaries were over, and it was also pretty funny to see the Republicans react to him. Newt Gingrich was the Democrat nominee, though, which makes no sense. It's also kind of weird that I'm dreaming about elections.

I predict that the Republican nominee will be Romney and that Obama will win. I really hope he wins. He's not perfect, but he's better than any Republican candidate. I would also rather have Romney than Gingrich if we absolutely had to have a Republican president (please, God, no). I suppose I don't know enough about Gingrich as I should, though. Romney is kind of a huge jerk (see: http://jezebel.com/5851050/the-curious- ... ushkus-mom ), but maybe less so than the others? I dunno, just hoping Obama wins. I'll be voting for him, and it will be my first time voting.

This was a long post. Again, really drunk. It was going to be a late night, but I don't feel like it now. I want to go to bed now, dreams of Republicans dancing in my head. (well, hopefully not)

Very speshul friends :D

Very speshul friends with benefits. ;)

I don't what the hell ever possessed Cain to think that he was qualified to be president.

Just because I love bad lip reading.

Thank you Emmiedahl. I am also a BLR fan.

Everybody needs toucan stubs, indeed! :lol:

Very speshul friends with benefits. ;)

I don't what the hell ever possessed Cain to think that he was qualified to be president.

The scary thing is that he's not the only one who thinks he is! :o

I pray that if we have to a republican president in 2012, it will be Romney. He's not a true conservative at heart (he's not anything at heart), and has some intellect. Sure, he has no core, but that scares me a lot less than the fundamentalist crazees like Perry, Bachmann, and Santorum and the sheer nastiness of Gingrich. John Huntsman wouldn't be nauseating, either, but he's not getting any traction. I guess he makes too much sense for the constituency.

Austin, I think you and I have similar political views. (I don't know anything about Hunstman- clue me in, please).

God, WHY can the Republicans not come up with an intelligent, moral individual that is focused on the economy and sounds foreign policy? My ideology is Republican WITHOUT the social Xtian morality shit thrown in.

We need a gay female Republican. For reals. They talk about their utter lack of good candidates, it's because they have a fetish for straight white men, and all the women they put up are Michelle Duggar level stupid. The original GOP platform was based on state rights, private property ownership, and business support. They need to to stick to that and leave gays and abortion rights alone.

God, WHY can the Republicans not come up with an intelligent, moral individual that is focused on the economy and sounds foreign policy? My ideology is Republican WITHOUT the social Xtian morality shit thrown in.

We need a gay female Republican. For reals. They talk about their utter lack of good candidates, it's because they have a fetish for straight white men, and all the women they put up are Michelle Duggar level stupid. The original GOP platform was based on state rights, private property ownership, and business support. They need to to stick to that and leave gays and abortion rights alone.

longskirtslotsakids! Where have you been hiding?

Come and sit by me, baby girl. I couldn't agree more.

Austin, I think you and I have similar political views. (I don't know anything about Hunstman- clue me in, please).

I don't know tons about him, either, but he is a former governor of Utah, a Mormon, and President Obama nominated him to be an ambassador to China. He's anti-choice, and while he was governor, I believe he did sign legislation to restrict abortion/abortion access, but he is also pro-civil unions for same sex couples (not pro-marriage).

My sense is that mostly he's a pragmatist and not an idealogue when it comes to social issues. I think his anti-choice stance is probably a product of his religion as much as anything else, but he doesn't appear to be crazed about it like Bachmann/Perry/Santorum, etc.

I guess if we have to have a republican president, he and Romney are the only two that don't scare the bejesus out of me. I think they would be okay with their finger on the button, so to speak, and aren't looking to help God fulfill end times prophecies - lol I also don't think either one would allow people to starve in the streets or die from untreated illness like Paul.

These are just my observations so far. A lot more could come out about him if he moves any higher in the polls, but the base doesn't seem very excited about him.

I wonder if KBH will eventually run for President. She's stepping down from the Senate right niw, but I think she could be really good in a few cycles. She's fairly moderate, but very competent. My only concern is that she doesn't run great campaigns.

Archived