IGNORED

Where is Lina?

fundiefun

I'm not really impressed by anyone waiting for marriage.

Yes, well, me neither since I think it is nonsense. But particularly when the person is bragging about how they waited and they're super young.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
meh I think they were a couple of teens, horny for sex - which is more than understandable - with weird standards meaning they had to get married to engage in physical activity.

And not having sex until you're 19 is not that hard to achieve - hey I did it too! without Godly standards to forbid me from having sex. You did not "save" yourself for your husband at 19 - lol (now if you're Sarah Maxwell, yeah ok I'll admit to it).

I have no trouble imagining she was not pregnant or even a virgin - again she was 19 for crying out loud, and she only hung out with him for what? a couple months? yeah not that big of an achievement ;)

I made it past 19 without having sex! Yeah for me! I'm more pure than she was. Or it could just be that I was still very awkward and hadn't had a boyfriend yet.

Yes, well, me neither since I think it is nonsense. But particularly when the person is bragging about how they waited and they're super young.

I was fundified and young/dumb/full of cum. Forgive me, FJ! I got it right the 2nd time around. Kissed on the first date! Did IT with no wedding ring! Lived in sin! Got a child out of wedlock *(not baked in my non-easy bake oven).

Hell yes I am mortified by it. I am a walking Public Service Announcement!

I was fundified and young/dumb/full of cum. Forgive me, FJ! I got it right the 2nd time around. Kissed on the first date! Did IT with no wedding ring! Lived in sin! Got a child out of wedlock *(not baked in my non-easy bake oven).

I should clarify there's nothing *wrong* with waiting for marriage, per se, as long as it doesn't lead to you getting married because of that. Especially at 19. Especially when it's TT.

Living in sin was such fun I almost didn't want to get married... Glad you got the chance Angri-la :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think Lina's pregnant, or at least she wasn't at the time of her wedding. I know of at least three orthodox couples who went nuts with shomer negiah and got married quick fast and in a hurry so they could jump each other's bones. I have a bit of a hard time snarking on her desire to pick and chose what parts of judiasm to follow, as a full blooded real Jew I'm guilty of the same thing. I guess it's different since I'm an actual Jew not some wannabe who uses my religon to feel holier than thou.

And as a side question, why is it that some fundies kind of cuddle up to Messianic Judaism only to run away screaming from it (at least the organized religion aspect?) Anna.xanga, mountain mama and now Lina all want to be messanics but can't stand the Messnic Judiasm establishment. I suspect they like fake Judaism because it makes them feel like speshul snowflakes and being part of a group is antithetical to that.

I do think Tony shows the signs of being controlling and abusive and I'm not sure Lina has the perspective or the will to get away from him should he really show his stripes.

Lina closed her blog to have privacy. Why would she then post blog posts here? Makes no sense.

That implies that the things Lina generally does always (or even mostly) make sense, which has not historically been the case at all. In fact, more often than not, her behavior is completely illogical and out of touch with reality. We're talking about someone who regularly proclaims her belief that Jesus is the Messiah... and claims to be an Orthodox Jew. And that she'll have no trouble at all converting with an Orthodox beit din while maintaining her beliefs regarding Jesus. Lina does all kinds of crap that makes no sense, and while her beliefs and behavior are regularly all over the place, one thing that has remained consistent has been her desire for attention.

And what are Far_go's motives? If the posts are genuine, Lina will find out.

Not if Far_go is either Lina herself or Tony, and based on the writing style, I'd be prepared to put down money that it's the latter.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think Lina's pregnant, or at least she wasn't at the time of her wedding. I know of at least three orthodox couples who went nuts with shomer negiah and got married quick fast and in a hurry so they could jump each other's bones.

I think the reason most of us are suspicious is because they were all over each other lovey-dovey nauseating, and then all of a sudden "NO TOUCH NO TOUCH SHOMER NEGIAH"

It was the whiplash from PDA to 6 inch rule that makes us think they totally did it. :D

I think the reason most of us are suspicious is because they were all over each other lovey-dovey nauseating, and then all of a sudden "NO TOUCH NO TOUCH SHOMER NEGIAH"

It was the whiplash from PDA to 6 inch rule that makes us think they totally did it. :D

they just had not read that far in the OT :P

But only because we were (and still are) deeply in love, and couldn't wait to be able to live as husband and wife. A quick courtship and engagement is usually the case among couples who have made purity a priority all their lives.

In what universe does it make sense to have a quickie wedding if purity is your priority? If you truly value remaining "pure" then it shouldn't matter how long your engagement is. If you're only abstaining (to the point of shomer negiah, no less) out of some misguided fear about being punished for sinning, then I think sex is your priority, not purity.

This is thing. And more to the point, if they're so into Orthodoxy and so in love with Hashem's Torah and all the rest, why a courthouse wedding? That's not a valid marriage ceremony according to Jewish law for sure, and they already belong to a Messianic community, so why not do it there? It makes no sense at all (see my above comment regarding why it wouldn't be out of character for Lina to be posting her own blog fodder here- consistency is not her style), unless there was some reason why they couldn't get married in their own community, either that they couldn't wait however long it would take to organize or whatever. But if your primary concern is being married in the eyes of God, a piece of paper from a Justice of the Peace isn't going to mean anything; I mean, it's not a ketubah, nor is it a Christian ceremony. Once again, the point is reinforced that Lina and Tony mostly care about doing whatever they want to do; the Jewish stuff is purely a vehicle to attract attention and/or leverage as justification for their own behavior, when it suits their purposes. When Jewish law doesn't suit their purposes, well, it's a quickie wedding at the courthouse and abandonment of shomer negiah after about two weeks. Truly, I am honored to bask in the glow of their yiddishkeit. Thank Yah they're around to show all of us poor, deluded Jews how it's really done.

Agreed! They are not married in any way accepted by any God I'm aware of, Christian or Jewish. They had a civil ceremony; they signed a piece of paper. As far as God is concerned any and all sex they've had is pre-marital. Ironic in people insisting so hard that they want to be Orthodox.

The inconsistencies would be hilarious if they weren't so offensive about it all.

In what universe does it make sense to have a quickie wedding if purity is your priority? If you truly value remaining "pure" then it shouldn't matter how long your engagement is. If you're only abstaining (to the point of shomer negiah, no less) out of some misguided fear about being punished for sinning, then I think sex is your priority, not purity.

But isn't that the irony of most fundamentalist religions? The prime importance they place on sexuality by trying to aggressively control it?

So... who are the sex-obsessed then, really? ;)

I've only gotten to page 5 so far, but my husband and I dated for 5 years and were engaged for 2 of those years before we had sex. We touched and kissed and stuff, but managed to wait. In retrospect, I'm glad we waited, but also glad that we had sex before we got married. Turns out I have vulvodynia, and for some men that would be a deal-breaker, but we were able to talk about it. Huh. Healthy sex life. Who'd a thunk it?

Archived