IGNORED

Where is Lina?

fundiefun

Assuming, far_go, that you are legit, I find Lina (as usual) hilarious.

People these days are so bored with their lives, they have to peer into the lives of others to cure their boredom.

Isn't that, um, the entire purpose of having a blog? So that people can "peer into your life"?

Also, how many times does she have to say TT was the one who wanted to rush into a wedding? CREEPY. Lina, I say this in all sincerity (as someone who is, shockingly, happily married - AND a feminist :o ), this guy is TROUBLE. He told you OVER THE PHONE BEFORE HE HAD MET YOU that when he proposed (on his timetable, of course), HE wanted to get married quickly. And then after you propose a date to get married, he insists that is too far away and you do it NOW?

I suppose we were all that young and naive once, but how do you NOT see these huge red flags? Ugh... I continue to be thoroughly creeped out by our dear TT, bless his heart. Annoying as Lina's fake Jew shtick and self-importance is, I wouldn't wish this kind of control freak on anyone. I hope her parents are watching her like a hawk.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Assuming, far_go, that you are legit, I find Lina (as usual) hilarious.

Isn't that, um, the entire purpose of having a blog? So that people can "peer into your life"?

Also, how many times does she have to say TT was the one who wanted to rush into a wedding? CREEPY. Lina, I say this in all sincerity (as someone who is, shockingly, happily married - AND a feminist :o ), this guy is TROUBLE. He told you OVER THE PHONE BEFORE HE HAD MET YOU that when he proposed (on his timetable, of course), HE wanted to get married quickly. And then after you propose a date to get married, he insists that is too far away and you do it NOW?

I suppose we were all that young and naive once, but how do you NOT see these huge red flags? Ugh... I continue to be thoroughly creeped out by our dear TT, bless his heart. Annoying as Lina's fake Jew shtick and self-importance is, I wouldn't wish this kind of control freak on anyone. I hope her parents are watching her like a hawk.

Yeah, we're not a bunch of man hating cat ladies, bitterly posting because we envy her happiness and her Godliness, we're WORRIED about her even though we don't agree with her lifestyle, or how she pretends to be Jewish.

Okay, this is pretty hilarious. I think even she has to know how ridiculous her characterization of people on freejinger is. I never cared about her before, but I'm enjoying this.

Yes, my husband and I did have a quick wedding. But only because we were (and still are) deeply in love, and couldn't wait to be able to live as husband and wife. A quick courtship and engagement is usually the case among couples who have made purity a priority all their lives.

So... basically they couldn't wait any longer to have sex so they had to get married as quickly as possible? And this is what you do if you're wonderful and pure? What happened to self-control?

Okay, this is pretty hilarious. I think even she has to know how ridiculous her characterization of people on freejinger is. I never cared about her before, but I'm enjoying this.

So... basically they couldn't wait any longer to have sex so they had to get married as quickly as possible? And this is what you do if you're wonderful and pure? What happened to self-control?

Yeah, I still have a lot of trouble with this argument... Your marriage is better, deeper and more important than mine because you were horny when you got hitched? :clap:

Call me in a decade - tell me how that's working out for you.

PERSECUTION!111!!!!!!

Lina isn't much of a Jew (which we already knew) if she thinks that people giggling about her on a message board is persecution. Being rounded up, shoved into a cattle car, and dumped off at a concentration camp to be starved or gassed = persecution. People speculating that she might be pregnant =/= NOT PERSECUTION. Good Lord, she's a self-serious, self-righteous ninny.

--a mentally abused, wicked, God-hating meanie

(except not)

The women (and men) on there are G-d hating feminists, who seek to destroy anyone who does not ascribe to their particular lifestyle and world view.

Oh Lina, as I sit here gazing at my crucifix (one of several in our house) I hate to tell you but GOD isn't hated in this house. I consider myself a well rounded matriarch of a small family. I think you need to do some research on feminism honey. If it weren't for women's rights, I bet you wouldn't be able to sit at your computer and surf the nets, looking for ways to make yourself Jewish. I have this vision of God sitting in his easy chair going "oy this girl is nuts".

You've opened yourself up to the world. Deal with it.

And one more thing. Watch your back with your husband. He may seem loving and caring, but I sense controlling and evil in the works. One wrong word, one wrong step, and you may have to learn the excuses of hitting the door, falling down the stairs and being clumsy. I hope not. But I get bad vibes from the hairy one and my instincts are pretty good.

From not a God hating feminist, a well rounded and well educated WOMAN.

peace be unto you.

Aw, thanks, atheistjd! I'd like to thank Lina and TT for the inspiration... Satan for teh great eeeevil that dwells within me...

I get bad vibes from the hairy one

:lol:

It's funny, but also sad because it's true.

Oh Lina, as I sit here gazing at my crucifix (one of several in our house) I hate to tell you but GOD isn't hated in this house. I consider myself a well rounded matriarch of a small family. I think you need to do some research on feminism honey. If it weren't for women's rights, I bet you wouldn't be able to sit at your computer and surf the nets, looking for ways to make yourself Jewish. I have this vision of God sitting in his easy chair going "oy this girl is nuts".

You've opened yourself up to the world. Deal with it.

And one more thing. Watch your back with your husband. He may seem loving and caring, but I sense controlling and evil in the works. One wrong word, one wrong step, and you may have to learn the excuses of hitting the door, falling down the stairs and being clumsy. I hope not. But I get bad vibes from the hairy one and my instincts are pretty good.

From not a God hating feminist, a well rounded and well educated WOMAN.

peace be unto you.

:clap:

Wait, they didn't kiss at their wedding? This is really getting out of hand.

Oh yeah?!? Well me and MY husband didn't kiss until after our tenth child! We wanted to be lip-pure until god rewarded us with a whole litter of souls!

:roll:

I know one solution to ensure that your first kiss doesn't happen in public... Don't wait till you're wedding to kiss. Problem solved.

They had already kissed and rubbed up on each other like damn feral cats. The shomer negiah dealio did not come about until Lina found out she was pregnant they planned the quickie wedding.

Recently I have been receiving a few messages from friends and acquaintances congratulating me on a pregnancy I didn't announce. Puzzled, I did a search online and found out the source of this mysterious "pregnancy." That source, I should have guess, is Free Jinger.

Damn right! Can't tell you how many times I've been reading about my friends on message boards clearly labeled "snark," going over the posts from people who clearly state they've never met the person in question but are speculating about a possible pregnancy based on the circumstances only, and here I go again offering my friend congratulations on that pregnancy--and come to find out she hasn't even announced one! :oops:

Why if I had a nickle for every time that happened...

Damn right! Can't tell you how many times I've been reading about my friends on message boards clearly labeled "snark," going over the posts from people who clearly state they've never met the person in question but are speculating about a possible pregnancy based on the circumstances only, and here I go again offering my friend congratulations on that pregnancy--and come to find out she hasn't even announced one! :oops:

Why if I had a nickle for every time that happened...

I had the exact same reaction. Who the eff would do that?!? "So, I was reading all this shit about you on FJ and they said you got pregnant out of wedlock. Congrats!" Also, isn't congratulating someone on a pregnancy they have not announced the ultimate faux pas? Why not just say "You look fat!" or "So, how's the premarital sex going?"?

I do believe these are legit entries now. It definitely sounds like Lina.

I feel a teensy bit guilty.

Only a teensy bit.

Yes, my husband and I did have a quick wedding. But only because we were (and still are) deeply in love, and couldn't wait to be able to live as husband and wife. A quick courtship and engagement is usually the case among couples who have made purity a priority all their lives. When my husband and I were still getting to know each other on the phone, he would tell me that when he proposed to me, he would like our engagement to be as short as possible. So when we got engaged, a friend pointed out the benefits of having a civil ceremony. She knew we wanted to convert, and conversion means a second wedding. Rather than having to spend the extra money, we decided to go ahead and plan for a civil ceremony. I suggested we get married during Chanukkah, but my husband wanted us to be married within a few weeks. I was delighted to hear that, as it had been the desire of my heart as well.

As we stood before the Justice of the Peace, he had us end our vows with "You may now kiss the bride." My husband and I stared at each other. We had never kissed before. Our first kiss was meant to be shared privately, preferably on our wedding night. As the JP waited, we chose to hug instead. It was our first hug after our decision to be shomer negiah (no touch) during our courtship.

Translation: We wanted a quick engagement because this shomer negiah thing was getting old.

Guest Anonymous
Also, did you notice she said "a pregnancy I didn't announce" and not "a pregnancy that hasn't happened"????

Yes.

I'm opening the book with a bet that she has a baby girl, born weighing 8lb 2oz, at 35 weeks. :D

Archived