IGNORED

The Anonymous Antagonist is pissed off at us

formergothardite

You know, if strangers on the internet not liking his writing style is enough to crush his soul, then he will never make it as a writer. Or at college for that matter. I've had professors tear my papers to shreds in way more harsh ways than FJ did this guy. And he has changed his writing style some and is making it more coherent.

I've sent samples of my manuscript into several agents. One agent asked for the complete work and wrote back that she couldn't identify with my carefully created main character so she had to pass. Because getting a polite criticism instead of a form rejection is such a rarity , I was actually sort of pleased. My soul was not crushed though. Maybe I need to become more sensitive.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to put only the video code (whatever comes after v=) inside the youtube tags.

T549VoLca_Q

I was hoping somebody would post this! (Yay for Glee :))

*looks frantically for Scriptural references of Jesus calling people retarded, stupid, bonkers, hags...*

Nope. Came up empty.

WWJD?

I just found this book over on "The Worst Stuff Ever" website...

http://www.amazon.com/Helping-retarded- ... roduct_top

If this is the type of crap these people are reading... no wonder they have no tact!!!

ETA: Although one review on there is pretty funny....

GOD IS AWESOME... BOOK IS AWESOME!!!, December 28, 2011

By A. R. Cagle "Capo689"

This review is from: Helping the retarded to know God;: A guide for Christian teachers of the mentally handicapped (Concordia leadership training series) (Paperback)

This book is AWESOME!!! I know God now, when people make fun of me I send him to smite them with a stick... he yells like the bus driver when we make fart noises and they don't make fun of me. God is awesome... His name is Jesus... he works at our school, he cleans up milk. We got to talk about virgin... virgin is awesome.. .that's when a lady needs a baby in her... i want to put a baby in someone that would be awesome. Jesus god dies at the end, but then comes back and helps Luke beat Darth Vader.... cause he is awesome and the dark side is bad. Satan is bad. Fries are done... bye grandma.

*looks frantically for Scriptural references of Jesus calling people retarded, stupid, bonkers, hags...*

Nope. Came up empty.

WWJD?

Hang on - let me look ... (Quotes taken from http://bible.cc/proverbs/12-1.htm )

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" - Matthew, 5:44

"But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you," - Luke, 6:27

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew, 7:12

Hmmmm - OK, that was the search for "enemy" or "enemies". "Hag" turned up a bunch of first names: Hagabah, Hagar, Haggeri, Haggai, so nothing there. "Retarded" & "Bonkers"came up with zero matches. Got a hit for "stupid", though!

"Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish: - Proverbs, 12:1. Well, that particular version doesn't use the actual word in the KJV; that's mentioned in the NIV version of the same verse: "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid." - Proverbs, 12:1

Dangit! :doh: Sorry, everyone - I tried. :(

Archived