IGNORED

The Anonymous Antagonist is pissed off at us

formergothardite

And if it is AA, why doesn't he want to explain how he isn't violating the Bible or being a jerk by his words or admit that he is wrong? Is there some pride issues going on here? If he is clearly in the right then he should have no problem showing us that or at least having his friends do it.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do feel just a little, tiny bit sorry for him. Here is has been raised in the bubble where no one has challenged him on his actions, he starts a blog, nobody reads it so he tries to advertise it various places, but he is so sheltered that he didn't seem to realize that in doing so he would encounter people who dared to disagree with him and used logic and reason. It has to be a shock to his system.

Lets just all hope that in 10 years he will have grown up enough to look back and laugh at how silly he acted.

Who asked you to not make any more replies? I'm assuming AA? Do you want to stop?

I don't know ifLittle Lord Fauntleroy AA told them not to reply here, but he definitely doesn't want to hear about it. Someone tipped him off and he said this:

Hey, thanks for letting me know. However, the next time you see something like this or are involved in it yourself (not saying you are, lol), just keep it to yourself.

Seeing this thread is an annoyance that I would rather have not experienced in the first place.

I would reply to their comments, but I'm ranted out, and doing so would just get their fires burning even hotter. They're the kind that thrive off others' fury. So I won't give them anymore from now on.

God bless you!

ETA: Yet another one who thinks we're just so angry. Where do they all get this impression?

He wants so badly not to experience the annoyance that is FJ, so he came over and read the thread: :roll:

I read your comment on their thread, thanks a bunch for the support. Nice to know I have friends!

If you read the comments none of his friends actually address why we are so wrong about him, they just call us names. Very mature of them. Wonder if AA will forbid Snavewolf from coming back.

I possibly thrive off of others' fury. I find it really fucking funny. I love it when the fundies are pissed at us. And when Lissar and certain other FJers get mad at someone, I know it's time to pour a glass of wine and enjoy the show, from a safe distance of course because my computer screen is already sticky from various beverages. So, yes, I suppose that is thriving.

OK, I just read through all of this in one go, and I don't really like what I'm seeing. So I'm responding to all of you.

Well you know what, I know AA, and I don't mean to put him down but sometimes he is a little immature, but he is a very wise young man, he is strong in the faith and I am proud to call him a friend. He speaks his mined and you don't like it; So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18. Let him speak his mind, that was the original purpose for his blog. So when you say he is acting immature for saying what he want he thinks, that's not immaturity it's boldness. We need bold people that speak their mind against those who appose us. I also am against Obama, I think he is an awful president, and that we should do everything in our power to get him out of office. I will still submit to and respect him as the leader of our county but that does not mean that I cannot disagree with him. He lied to the people and the people were stupid enough to follow him. That is not going against the Bible and neither is he. Now many of you are saying that we keep bringing this up, well that is because we care about AA, and we do not want him to take all your bull that you throw at him. He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it. I know AA's brother and He is the most Awesome person a guy could know, and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid, and if you try to argue against me using stupid, look it up because that is what many of you are being.

Hate to break it you honey, but I'm 17. :D

Having an opinion is one thing, but the way you present it is a completely different animal and he decided to present his opinion in an immature way. He used the word retarted on a blog for the world to see. Many people see that word as an offensive word Seriously why not use a different word? there are plenty in the english language. Now my question to you and AA is How did you all not know that?

I think this is Snavewolf's blog at least it looks that way from the comments on AA's blog.

http://blocked-doors.blogspot.com/

Nothing snarky, at least he doesn't use offensive terms like AA.

Hmm?

This year I am a sophomore at KA, but still occasionally being set in the 8th grade class. It's kind of annoying, considering that I was in 8th grade two years ago, then almost in 8th grade again last year. This year hasn't gone so great so far in relation to school.

I do feel just a little, tiny bit sorry for him. Here is has been raised in the bubble where no one has challenged him on his actions, he starts a blog, nobody reads it so he tries to advertise it various places, but he is so sheltered that he didn't seem to realize that in doing so he would encounter people who dared to disagree with him and used logic and reason. It has to be a shock to his system.

Lets just all hope that in 10 years he will have grown up enough to look back and laugh at how silly he acted.

I would guess that in 10 years, he will be an even bigger, more self-involved dick. He will have his own debt-free Patriarchal Empire with a darling helpmeet (raised the Vision Forum Way), who will teach their 5 blessings under 5 to bring him his slippers, while she is in the kitchen, pregnant, making him Chickenetti.

Hate to break it you honey, but I'm 17. :D

Having an opinion is one thing, but the way you present it is a completely different animal and he decided to present his opinion in an immature way. He used the word retarted on a blog for the world to see. Many people see that word as an offensive word Seriously why not use a different word? there are plenty in the english language. Now my question to you and AA is How did you all not know that?

Yeah, what the heck is with all these young adults who seem to think it is normal for people their age to be uneducated and extremely immature? I can think of more than a few who have wandered over here recently. I remember being 18. Of course I've grown as an individual since then, but I definitely tried to behave like a grown up by that point and did not use my age as an excuse.

I'm one of the 30+ folks here. I do remember when I was 18, and when I was 18, if someone told me that using a word in a certain way was offensive, I asked why it was offensive and then worked to stop using that word. Why did I behave that way? Because I was horrified that I might inadvertently offend someone. To do otherwise is to be a self-absorbed jerk.

Wow, I just found this site and already I'm loving it. XD I have been reading some fundie blogs for a few months just for fun and entertainment. "God's Daughter" and "The Anonymous Antagonist" are some of my recent disoveries..lol. WOW, this DJ dude really got riled up about that, didn't he?? Hey and I found a new blog--anyone ever heard of it?? "Umbrella Girl" by Lucia?? She's homeschooled..not really a fundie..I don't know. You guys should check it out:

www.one-beloved.blogspot.com

Wow, I just found this site and already I'm loving it. XD I have been reading some fundie blogs for a few months just for fun and entertainment. "God's Daughter" and "The Anonymous Antagonist" are some of my recent disoveries..lol. WOW, this DJ dude really got riled up about that, didn't he?? Hey and I found a new blog--anyone ever heard of it?? "Umbrella Girl" by Lucia?? She's homeschooled..not really a fundie..I don't know. You guys should check it out:

http://www.one-beloved.blogspot.com

I predict this one will have a baby living in the bathroom in 3 years :lol:

At least she understand the concept of a bucket list, unlike her friend Miss Raquel who stuck painting her nails on it. That still cracks me up. Just go paint your damn nails and while they dry you can work on reading Gone With the Wind.

I am not stupid and I voted for Obama.

I don't give a shit if you like what you are seeing.

Yes, 18 year olds are dumbasses. But just like when I said something dumbass in public and was called on it, were are doing that here. He can write whatever he wants in his playground, we can post comments (that he can delete or ignore) but the vast majority of us prefer to mock from over here.

Also, intentions aren't the be all and end all of things. So whether he intended to be offensive may not matter to whether he actually is.

re: intentions, please keep in mind, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." i believe my mum has said that before, but i'm not sure where she got that from. 'tis true, though. makes me think of my favorite shakesperean quote, "we are oft to blame in this,/'tis too much proved, that with devotion's visage/and pious action we do sugar o'er/the devil himself." [i wanna get it tattooed on me :D ]

also, count me in on not being in the 30+ crowd. i'm 24. :D

The bible does not require that we LOVE our leaders.

Actually, the Bible requires that we love everyone (the whole "love your neighbor as yourself" commandment, and Jesus illustrating who our neighbor is and all...).

And I believe the OP highlighted a verse saying not only to obey but to respect our leaders. Mocking Obama isn't very respectful.

I think snavewolf was silenced by AA. I guess the conversation was making them both look too bad. Anyway I had to LOL at this comment:

In the "retarded" case--sure, they're all mad at you for saying that (personally, I think it would be wise not to use 'retarded' in that sense, just because..), because it might "hurt someone," but then THEY turn around and call you and others awful, awful names..not even caring if it "migh hurt."

None of them have an iota of critical thinking skills. I am making fun of your childish, foolish, self-aborbed beliefs that are not even in line with the Bible you claim to follow. The horrible, godless people here seem to know more about what is in the Bible then this group. You can help the things we are mocking you for. You can grow, you can change, or you can continue to remain in you bubble of ignorance and we will continue to make fun of you. BUT, when you insult people by calling them "retarded" well, you are insulting people for how they are born. Something that cannot be helped. You are saying that being born with a mental disability is so horrible that it can be used as an insult.

SO. Just don't worry about them--sure they have "free speech," so there's nothing we can do. But they can't take away our "free speech," either, so in the end, it's just a battle between good vs. evil!

Yes, my dear, you are free to say what you want, but when you stick it on a public blog don't act all shocked when people disagree with you. And AA was the one insulting a whole group of people just for how they are born, we are the evil ones? Really? I'm thinking Jesus would be siding with us on this one.

The girl who made these comments is the same one-beloved/Umbrella Girl linked in the posts above.

Just a thought here... if they think all people their age are so immature, perhaps they need to watch that video of the defrauding 19 year old with two gay mama's? He was very mature :D

Okay, what I don't get is why they don't understand what is so wrong with saying the word "retard." It's an insult, it's derogatory and it's inappropriate. If he has a mentally challenged sibling, he, of all people, should know better. I did not like the term at 18 and I have no mentally challenged siblings. There are many rude, inconsiderate and derogatory epithets out there, but it doesn't mean you should use them. You have the right to free speech and you can say those things, but just because you have the right or ability to do something doesn't mean you should do it. I don't insult another's intelligence.

My Encarta Dictionary for the term Retard:

1. Slowing of tempo: in music, a slowing down of a previously quick tempo.

2. Offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody with a learning disability or somebody regarded as unintelligent. (slang insult)

You can say it, yes, but it doesn't make it less offensive and it doesn't change the meaning or the intent of the person who is saying the the insult. Maybe you were unaware, somehow, that it is offensive to use the r-word, but if someone points out that something is inappropriate to say, you should heed their advice. Not doing so, knowing it's a sore point with a lot of people, is inconsiderate. Not very Chrsit-like of you in all honesty. It's like knowing that something is a sore spot with someone, yet not caring about their feelings as you go on and on about something upsetting to them. You don't need the Bible to know that if something upsets someone, you should shut up nor do you need it to tell you that if a word is very offensive to a group of people, you probably shouldn't say it.

That is all-back to my research paper.

What I find most obnoxious about AA's use of the word "retard" is the fact that he and his buddies apparently think he is allowed to do so, because he has a sibling who is mentally challenged, and thus it is a-okay for him to use this word. I am not quite sure of the circular "logic" they use to arrive at this conclusion, but I believe it's along the lines of:

My sibling has developmental delays/Downs Syndrome/is otherwise mentally challenged. I would never use a word that would hurt my sibling's feelings. Thus, when I use the word "retard", everyone should automatically assume that I mean no offense by its use.

Or something like that.

I too have a sibling who is mentally challenged. She has Downs Syndrome. In years gone by, she would have been called "retarded." Saying someone or some thing is "retarded" is a putdown and is equates it to someone who, through no act of their own, has a lifelong developmental difference that sets them apart from the rest of us, that makes their life more difficult in myriad ways, and that exposes them to ridicule by morons who use the word "retard" and then act all offended when called upon their insensitive, jerky, immature behavior.

Then I add to this information that AA is allegedly some ultra religious young man, who believes he's following a biblical path, and I just shake my head at the level of ignorance, which is only equaled by his arrogance. To AA: Shame on you. If you indeed are trying to follow the example set by Christ, then apologize for your truly offensive behavior, get over yourself, and realize you have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go before you should consider yourself a "godly" individual. Next time you think it's appropriate to call someone a "retard," why not take just a moment and ask yourself, what would Jesus do? (Note - DO NOT ask yourself, what would Gothard do.)

P.S. I'm guessing I need to add - this goes for using the term "gay" as a put down as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, maturity is when it is explained to you that calling people retarded is offensive, understanding that and not having groups of friends come to your rescue. It is not immature to point out the immature actions of others. In fact, that seems to be the mature thing to do. Is that what you are saying? That I am immature for telling him he is immature? If I was being like Miss Raquel and bragging about my modesty, yeah I could see where this argument would work. But this doesn't work in the case of maturity because you can say that you are more mature than someone else without negating your own maturity.

And I hope this whole thread at least made him think about his words a little more than he obviously has been. Especially since he is claiming to be a Christian, while at the same time doing things that not only can drive people from hearing his message, but also are in clear violation of the Bible he is supposed to follow.

Bumping up this thread since Snavewolf is back and posting in hopes if he will answer this because what he said really didn't make any sense.

Okay, fine. I came back because I saw a lot of things that I agreed with you people on, but if you so wish to continue this; then fine.

Bumping up this thread since Snavewolf is back and posting in hopes if he will answer this because what he said really didn't make any sense.

I saw from the beginning that he was taking a big risk with his insults to the President, and his insults there were a bit over the top; but the whole point of his 'Midnight Musings' series is that he can say whatever he feels like saying. Again, that runs back to the 'free speech' issue, which I don't want to get into. Also, he didn't send us over here. He never intended for anyone to reply, so please, stop calling him out as immature for sending us over here to back him up when he did no such thing.

I'm not just calling you immature for calling him immature, if it was only that, I wouldn't have called you immature at all. I'm calling you immature (in this specific instance) for calling him immature and saying you yourself are much more mature than he.

Note: there's a lot of things in Raquel's blog that I don't agree with, and I can occasionally see vanity piled on top of vanity. I was blinded from the fact that it was vanity until it was specifically called out, though. Thank you for that revelation.

But this doesn't work in the case of maturity because you can say that you are more mature than someone else without negating your own maturity.

Uh, no. I still don't agree with that.

ps: I didn't run.

Archived