IGNORED

The Anonymous Antagonist is pissed off at us

formergothardite

So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18.

That's funny, because the last time I checked, I was 22. :think: Thank you, Agresto, for enlightening the world that anyone under 30 cannot possibly be on FJ!!! I guess I'll leave now.

But seriously...

I still have a few friends in the 18/19 age range and they are a heck of a lot more mature than this kid (and all his little friends)!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 30+? Huh, here I thought I was in my twenties. I know for a fact that we have quite a few 18 and 19 year olds hanging around here, and they would never use the fact that they're 18 to deliberately excuse being offensive and rude. When I was a teenager and someone informed me that something I was doing was inappropriate, I stopped fucking doing it because I didn't want to look like an asshole.

Ah, the good old days when I was 18. Wait, that was like two weeks ago. You are responsible for your own beliefs and actions all the time, even if you are 18. Sure, beliefs change over time due to a variety of factors, but I don't think you can use age to excuse your actions. When you start thinking like that it means older people can discount young people's opinions because they are young and take no responsibility for them themselves. StarrieEyedKat speaks the truth here. Being 18 is not an excuse it's not really even relevant.

Well you know what, I know AA, and I don't mean to put him down but sometimes he is a little immature, but he is a very wise young man, he is strong in the faith and I am proud to call him a friend. He speaks his mined and you don't like it; So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18. Let him speak his mind, that was the original purpose for his blog. So when you say he is acting immature for saying what he want he thinks, that's not immaturity it's boldness.

Yes, even wise people can have immature actions. We've all done stupid/inconsiderate things. The point is, when someone points out the stupid/inconsiderate thing a person has done, that they learn from the expeirence. Failing to do so and grow doesn't make you BOLD, it just makes that person a jerk.

He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it. I know AA's brother and He is the most Awesome person a guy could know, and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid

Intent does not equal effect.

You guys need to deal with the fact that he can say what he wants, and you can be offended.

Yes, he can say what he wants, and we reserve the right to say what WE want. Funny how that free speech thing works both ways, doesn't it? We're not sending an FJ attack squad to kill his blog, but instead suggesting he not be a jerk. He can tell us to fuck off (or as he has done, send his army of flying monkey sockpuppets to do so). Again, amazing how free speech goes both ways!

Attention AA and friends, the military is looking for a few good men, and women. You're 18, it's time you serve your country

Nurse Nell, I doubt they could handle it. People would tell them they were doing things wrong, or being offensive, or criticize them.

The AA and his little hangers on are so freaking young for their ages.

I am honestly sorry for them in a way...Unfortunately they're also obnoxious twits which dulls the pity I feel for them considerably.

This pretty much sums up my feeling.

Edited for an empty quote box...

I don't think we are exactly the readers he wanted. LOL. I think he only wants people to sing his praises and agree with the controversial things he says.

Ah, so a young Doug in the making, eh?

Agresto wrote:

OK, I just read through all of this in one go, and I don't really like what I'm seeing.

No one gives a shit.

Agresto was lurking so I was going to wave to him, but it took me so long to find the waving smilie that he left. Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?

OK, I just read through all of this in one go, and I don't really like what I'm seeing. So I'm responding to all of you.

Well you know what, I know AA, and I don't mean to put him down but sometimes he is a little immature, but he is a very wise young man, he is strong in the faith and I am proud to call him a friend. He speaks his mined and you don't like it; So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18. Let him speak his mind, that was the original purpose for his blog. So when you say he is acting immature for saying what he want he thinks, that's not immaturity it's boldness. We need bold people that speak their mind against those who appose us. I also am against Obama, I think he is an awful president, and that we should do everything in our power to get him out of office. I will still submit to and respect him as the leader of our county but that does not mean that I cannot disagree with him. He lied to the people and the people were stupid enough to follow him. That is not going against the Bible and neither is he. Now many of you are saying that we keep bringing this up, well that is because we care about AA, and we do not want him to take all your bull that you throw at him. He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it. I know AA's brother and He is the most Awesome person a guy could know, and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid, and if you try to argue against me using stupid, look it up because that is what many of you are being.

I am not stupid and I voted for Obama.

I don't give a shit if you like what you are seeing.

Yes, 18 year olds are dumbasses. But just like when I said something dumbass in public and was called on it, were are doing that here. He can write whatever he wants in his playground, we can post comments (that he can delete or ignore) but the vast majority of us prefer to mock from over here.

Also, intentions aren't the be all and end all of things. So whether he intended to be offensive may not matter to whether he actually is.

Well, you people can continue snarking about him the same as I will continue to enjoy his blog and his friendship. I guess you are the ones missing out anyways. And you're right, this is a country with freedom of speech so he can continue to say what he wants on his blog and all of your whining about it isn't going to stop him.

Did anyone say otherwise?

Also, I wasn't supposed to be wadding my panties over the 30+ comment(s) was I? I am 30+ and honestly, I definitely like my 30's better than my teens and twenties.

Well, you people can continue snarking about him the same as I will continue to enjoy his blog and his friendship. I guess you are the ones missing out anyways. And you're right, this is a country with freedom of speech so he can continue to say what he wants on his blog and all of your whining about it isn't going to stop him.

Well, Bless Your Heart.

Also, I wasn't supposed to be wadding my panties over the 30+ comment(s) was I? I am 30+ and honestly, I definitely like my 30's better than my teens and twenties.

OMG yes. I would not go back to my teens if you paid me. I might consider the twenties if the price was right. :-P

Thanks to AA's fanboys for telling us how wrong we are! Anymore?

Well, since they are men boys they are supposed to lead us: women. We - women are sinful by nature and can't always tell the difference between right and wrong. Men are like the head of humankind after all.

And yes, A.A. has actually said that men are leaders, while women are supposed to support the men in their leadership (about a man’s role in the home – compared to the woman’s). :shock:

Source :arrow:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/11/from-guys-viewpointdaniel-wilson.html

14) What do you think the man’s role is in the home – compared to the woman’s?They are equal in rank and importance to God, but are assigned different tasks or roles; the man being the decision-maker and leader, and the woman being the decision-making counselor and supporter of the husband. Both serve to keep the family in union by being faithful to each other and recognizing their roles in life.

Yeah, I don't plan on going over and reading anything an immature 18 year old has to say. Maybe in 10 years, when he grows up a little, I might be more interested.

As a person in my 30s, I know enough not to insult people for the sole purpose of ticking people off. One of the advantages of age is having the maturity to hold a conversation without alienating everyone in listening distance.

I've been asked not to make any more replies, due to the fact that it will only lengthen the argument; but there's a couple of things I can't get out of my head.

My first question I address to Lissar. With my two previous replies, as well as shayleenb's one reply, what sort of capitalization errors are you talking about? I read through each post 3 times and haven't seen a single error in the writing.

The last thing I'll say I address to formergothardite. You seem to be the one person on here that makes the most logical sense, but you've said one thing a few times now which I just can't let go of. Your words 'if you were mature, you would know ____' <---- (insert words that make other people angry)

With using this phrase as many times as you have, I would expect you to know the meaning of mature, but it is self-contradictory to call yourself mature and say that others are below your words, whether it be true or not. It's just a very immature thing to say.

Several people have tried to provide AA with some more constructive criticism. I'm surprised that Snavewolf only mentions formergothardite.

None of his friends answered my question. Does AA's mom know that he uses the word, retarded? If so, does that bother her?

I could start off by defining immature as trying to be offensive and then getting upset when people are offended. I would then expand the definition to include sending your friends over to defend you instead of doing it yourself, and also to include being a friend who thinks this is reasonable.

Several people have tried to provide AA with some more constructive criticism. I'm surprised that Snavewolf only mentions formergothardite.

Perhaps because formergothardite is the only one who mentions the Bible in this thread (or so I think)?

I could start off by defining immature as trying to be offensive and then getting upset when people are offended. I would then expand the definition to include sending your friends over to defend you instead of doing it yourself, and also to include being a friend who thinks this is reasonable.

Yes, maturity is when it is explained to you that calling people retarded is offensive, understanding that and not having groups of friends come to your rescue. It is not immature to point out the immature actions of others. In fact, that seems to be the mature thing to do. Is that what you are saying? That I am immature for telling him he is immature? If I was being like Miss Raquel and bragging about my modesty, yeah I could see where this argument would work. But this doesn't work in the case of maturity because you can say that you are more mature than someone else without negating your own maturity.

And I hope this whole thread at least made him think about his words a little more than he obviously has been. Especially since he is claiming to be a Christian, while at the same time doing things that not only can drive people from hearing his message, but also are in clear violation of the Bible he is supposed to follow.

None of his friends answered my question. Does AA's mom know that he uses the word, retarded? If so, does that bother her?

I'm not really sure why he seemed to think I was the more logical one one here, there have been plenty of other people who have nicely explained why his actions and words are so offensive. The only thing I can think of is that I struck a nerve with pointing out how his treatment of the president is against the Bible along with being offensive just for funsies. By the way, Snavewolf, did you finish reading the rest of that verse I posted about respecting the president?

And I would like to know if his mom and brother know that he goes around using retarded as an insult.

My first question I address to Lissar. With my two previous replies, as well as shayleenb's one reply, what sort of capitalization errors are you talking about? I read through each post 3 times and haven't seen a single error in the writing.

Lissar was mostly talking about Agresto. Seriously dude, you are not speaking German but English. Baby Jesus weinte, bis der Tag wurde Nacht.

However, you make a capitalization error when you write the Bible as "the bible". Bible is supposed to be capitalized when you're talking about The Bible.

With using this phrase as many times as you have, I would expect you to know the meaning of mature, but it is self-contradictory to call yourself mature and say that others are below your words, whether it be true or not. It's just a very immature thing to say.

No, no, honey. People as immature as AA and your fine self are below the words of formergothardite. So much so you can't even understand what she's saying, so you make nonsensical retorts instead.

BTW, I remember when people disagreeing with me on the internet used to be a big deal too, and I'd recruit a few friends to come over and help me argue with them. As you grow older, you become able to state and defend your own beliefs, and you stop doing that. It's called growing up. Or, if you prefer, 'maturity'.

ETA: Although, AA isn't even here with you defending himself (or if he is he hasn't identified himself). So scratch that; he's just a coward.

Since in the post AA gave to Miss Raquel he didn't think modesty was really for men, just women, Snavewolf, could you direct hims over to the "What is the goal?" thread so his eyes can be opened to how men can be just as defrauding as women.

Guest Anonymous
I've been asked not to make any more replies, due to the fact that it will only lengthen the argument; but there's a couple of things I can't get out of my head.

I generally charge for this sort of thing or work out an exchange where I edit someone's work and they edit mine. Luckily for you I'm going to give you a freebie. I'm always happy to contribute to the education of the fundie youth of the United States. Plus I wouldn't let you near my work for any amount of cash. Only the capitalization errors have been highlighted, I'm not digging into the rest of it. If you want to be a good writer you really need to take some classes.

Okay, first off: no. I'm not AA, as you're referring to him.

Second, the bible verse you quoted says this:

"Obey the head leader of the country and all other leaders over you."

Note it gives the word 'obey'. You're using this verse to try to state that AA isn't following the bible where it clearly states in his post:

"I don't like being under him, yet I'll still follow him.."

He says that he will submit to Obama, which is all the bible verse you quoted requires. The bible does not require that we LOVE our leaders. Herod was a wretched king, as was Saul. If we were under Hitler, we would submit to his rule, because we couldn't do anything about it. But does that require the need to appreciate everything he did? does that require that we must love him?

I'm not going to say any more about his use of the word 'retarded', because I don't find that appealing myself, but is it not true that it's less 'offensive' than using the F-Word in every post? Also, to whoever is saying how wrong it was that he would photoshop a picture of Obama to make him look 'retarded': he didn't photoshop that picture, it was merely something he found on the internet.

Another note, you talk about how offensive his writing is? Do you not realize how offensive all of this is to him? Honestly, his use of the word 'hypocrites' comes directly into play here.

Also:

he's not calling himself an 'antagonist', that is only the title of his blog. He explained the title in one of his recent posts.

Lastly, for all of you who say he jumps around too much: he doesn't. I can read his blog perfectly well, and it makes perfect sense to me (unless he's being random, which is then quite obvious that he is doing so.) For you who say he needs to stop jumping around, you can either catch up to his pace, or you can stop chasing. Your choice.

Wow.... How much time are you people spending arguing and criticizing this blog? I also know Daniel personally and he is one of my very good friends. I understand his blogging style just fine and actually find it quite refreshing.

and you know what? You might be offended by the things he says on his blog but I am offended by the things you are saying about him. He is a Godly young man who I am very glad to know.

Seriously, you all need to get a life.

Who asked you to not make any more replies? I'm assuming AA? Do you want to stop?

Archived