IGNORED

The Anonymous Antagonist is pissed off at us

formergothardite

Well, you people can continue snarking about him the same as I will continue to enjoy his blog and his friendship. I guess you are the ones missing out anyways. And you're right, this is a country with freedom of speech so he can continue to say what he wants on his blog and all of your whining about it isn't going to stop him.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys need to deal with the fact that he can say what he wants, and you can be offended. He can delete you comments on his blog, not because he is immature, but because he does not want to take you polite crap. Criticism is good but attacking him for his vocabulary, and his beliefs on our president is not criticism that is just ranting on him. This page shows that you are immature because you want to rant on some guy because his opinions and use of words are not up to your standards.

So you agree that he is not polite?

So you agree that he is not polite?

That is not what I said at all, even though all of you are saying you put in some polite criticism. Attacking him in a polite way = polite crap that he does not have to take.

That is not what I said at all, even though all of you are saying you put in some polite criticism. Attacking him in a polite way = polite crap that he does not have to take.

No, sorry, you are not getting it. It does have to do with politeness. Whoever posted on his blog was not attacking him, but reminding him that certain words are not polite and he should make better word choices.

And yes, they probably did it in a polite way, to set a good example and because the place was his blog and not a snark forum like this, where we can be as rude as we like.

I'm not sure what you mean about he does not have to take it. Yep, he can take comments down from his blog if he likes. However, sooner or later he will find out that certain terms are really, really not acceptable at all in the real world and offend a lot of people. In the meantime, as Effie said, he's laying himself open to plenty of easy snarking. :twisted:

Well, you people can continue snarking about him the same as I will continue to enjoy his blog and his friendship. I guess you are the ones missing out anyways. And you're right, this is a country with freedom of speech so he can continue to say what he wants on his blog and all of your whining about it isn't going to stop him.

We do not wish to stop him. We would like him to listen . At one time when I was 18 I used the word homeless as referring to alcoholics. I was called out on it. Right then I was upset, but after some minutes I realized that I had expressed myself in an offensive way and that I therefore had offended someone else. I'm glad someone corrected me. I know now that I didn't understand the word properly.

Ant. has valuable opinions. Our opinions are also valuable. It would not hurt him to listen to us.

Attention AA and friends, the military is looking for a few good men, and women. You're 18, it's time you serve your country. My personal preference is the Marine Corps. I'm not sure you could make it but ......... :text-bravo: I served, now it's your turn.

Okay, first off: no. I'm not AA, as you're referring to him.

Second, the bible verse you quoted says this:

"Obey the head leader of the country and all other leaders over you."

Note it gives the word 'obey'. You're using this verse to try to state that AA isn't following the bible where it clearly states in his post:

"I don't like being under him, yet I'll still follow him.."

He says that he will submit to Obama, which is all the bible verse you quoted requires. The bible does not require that we LOVE our leaders. Herod was a wretched king, as was Saul. If we were under Hitler, we would submit to his rule, because we couldn't do anything about it. But does that require the need to appreciate everything he did? does that require that we must love him?

I'm not going to say any more about his use of the word 'retarded', because I don't find that appealing myself, but is it not true that it's less 'offensive' than using the F-Word in every post? Also, to whoever is saying how wrong it was that he would photoshop a picture of Obama to make him look 'retarded': he didn't photoshop that picture, it was merely something he found on the internet.

Another note, you talk about how offensive his writing is? Do you not realize how offensive all of this is to him? Honestly, his use of the word 'hypocrites' comes directly into play here.

Also:

he's not calling himself an 'antagonist', that is only the title of his blog. He explained the title in one of his recent posts.

Lastly, for all of you who say he jumps around too much: he doesn't. I can read his blog perfectly well, and it makes perfect sense to me (unless he's being random, which is then quite obvious that he is doing so.) For you who say he needs to stop jumping around, you can either catch up to his pace, or you can stop chasing. Your choice.

Are you intentionally ignoring the last part of that Bible verse? I even bolded it in the initial post so it wouldn't be missed. I'll quote the end part of that verse for you again.

Honor God with love and fear. Respect the head leader of the country"

This verse requires respect. You can still disagree with someone and still show them respect, but searching the internet to find images that are photoshopped to make them look silly isn't doing that. Neither is calling them childish names. There is no way to get around it, he is in clear violation of the Bible with that post of his.

The difference between using the f-word to insult people and using retarded is that people are not medically diagnosed with being fucked. A mature person could see this, his youth is showing with defending that. No one is saying that he can't say it, just that is shows he is being offensive just for the sake of being offensive. Since he is a Christian, did Jesus go offend people for no other reason than just to be offensive? I don't think so. Check out Corinthians 6:3. You aren't supposed to go and be all offensive when it can be prevented because it will ruin your witness for God. So, yet again, while defending using this word, he is in violation of the Bible.

I am going to guess that I am a great deal older than you and have read way more blogs than you, and so when he seemed to be upset and confused as to why he can't get a bunch of followers, IMO it is because his blog posts don't flow like most other popular blogs that have a ton of followers. If he wants to continue writing that way, go for it, it is his blog and he can do what he wants with it, just be prepared that it might not get a ton of followers. He needs to consider what is more important to him, getting bunches of followers or staying true to himself and writing how he wants even if it isn't as clear and easy to follow as other blogs. But no matter what he decides, he needs to be aware when he behaves in ways that are totally offensive and clearly against the Bible, people are going to call him out on it.

Here is a question for his friends. Does the young man's mother knows that he uses the word retarded to describe people? He has a mentally disabled brother so I find it difficult to believe that she would not be upset with his word choice.

No one here has been harsh with him so I'm amazed that his friends want to defend him against our mild criticisms.

In another post, one of his friends mentioned that his real name was Daniel. Please don't use his real name online unless he gives you permission. That can be dangerous. I have a son close to his age and I would give him the same advice.

I personally don't care that he is angry at the president. It would be interesting if he wrote out some of the reasons why he felt angry and let people who disagree with him politely respond to him. It sounds as if he is not used to open dialogue.

Honey, nobody was attacking him. They were disagreeing with him in a mostly polite way. The words he uses are not acceptable in society, are offensive just for the sake of being offensive (which is against the Bible), and his treatment of the president was also against the Bible. He can disagree with the president in a polite way if he wants to be Biblical, or he can continue to close his mind, ears, heart and soul to what people here and the Bible is saying and continue to go on the way he is, but from now on his actions can't be chalked up to ignorance, just immaturity. If he wants to continue to write in offensive ways publically, we will continue snarking on him. Because that is what we do here.

Here is a question for his friends. Does the young man's mother knows that he uses the word retarded to describe people? He has a mentally disabled brother so I find it difficult to believe that she would not be upset with his word choice.

No one here has been harsh with him so I'm amazed that his friends want to defend him against our mild criticisms.

In another post, one of his friends mentioned that his real name was Daniel. Please don't use his real name online unless he gives you permission. That can be dangerous. I have a son close to his age and I would give him the same advice.

I personally don't care that he is angry at the president. It would be interesting if he wrote out some of the reasons why he felt angry and let people who disagree with him politely respond to him. It sounds as if he is not used to open dialogue.

I agree, I don't think him or any of his friends are used to coversing with people who don't agree with them.

It would be interesting to find out exact reasons behind all the hate. It can't just be abortion because that went on before he was elected and he hasn't seem to express that much anger towards those presidents.

And please take her advice and don't use his real name.

His use of the word "retard" reminds me of someone I had to work with years ago. She was known for spouting off on offensive rants at times and then she would try to backtrack and justify the rants. She would rage on about how the "wops", "jews" & "spics" were ruining the country. Welfare mothers should be shot. And my personal favorite "My sons speak Japanese & I can't understand this Chinaman" :roll: :shock: :o

And just like AA no one would take her seriously. Freedom of speech does not give you a free pass at being an ass. If you want people to listen to what you have to say, don't be a douche.

I don't think we are exactly the readers he wanted. LOL. I think he only wants people to sing his praises and agree with the controversial things he says.

I think calling his posts "controversial" is giving him too much credit. He's just parroting what he's been taught.

That's why he doesn't want to talk to people who disagree with him. He doesn't have any arguments, just soundbites.

Most of his blog isn't even slightly offensive, it is just the ramblings of a teen. I do wonder how fundie he is since his latest fiction story is filled with cussing. It is just weird to have a guy who thinks girls should dress exactly how their dad tells them and be all submissive to their husband, yet at the same time have posts with cuss words and a whole post dedicated to his love of Emma Watson.

a whole post dedicated to his love of Emma Watson.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

:naughty:

He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it.

I don't wear panties.

Srsly, dude, you're overestimating how much anyone gives a damn about you and your little friend. I've never been to his blog and if I want to hear the rantings of 18-year-olds, I just need to sit down at the dinner table (I have two). Godspeed, alla salute, whatever. . .

I'm still hung up on "If we were under Hitler, we would submit to his rule, because we couldn't do anything about it."

On the contrary, many people DID "do something about it", either on the small scale (hiding people in their attics, forging documents to help people escape) or on the large scale (actively engaging in resistance against the Nazi state). There are whole memorials dedicated to people who didn't fatalistically accept that there was "nothing we can do about it" and instead tried to change a bad situation for the better.

Guest Anonymous

The AA and his little hangers on are so freaking young for their ages. We have posters here that are in their teens and the difference is astounding. Our young FJers are witty, sometimes cutting, often compassionate people whose posts I look forward to reading. Fundie teens need to step up their game.

I am honestly sorry for them in a way. They've probably been sheltered like hothouse flowers and actively discouraged from thinking. They don't get out of their bubble and meet people that aren't like themselves, which is so crucial to the broadening of minds. Unfortunately they're also obnoxious twits which dulls the pity I feel for them considerably.

It is hilarious that they accuse us of wasting time, needing to get a life, etc. but they've been online here pretty much constantly since they registered. :roll:

I'm still hung up on "If we were under Hitler, we would submit to his rule, because we couldn't do anything about it."

On the contrary, many people DID "do something about it", either on the small scale (hiding people in their attics, forging documents to help people escape) or on the large scale (actively engaging in resistance against the Nazi state). There are whole memorials dedicated to people who didn't fatalistically accept that there was "nothing we can do about it" and instead tried to change a bad situation for the better.

Yep, that was a really bad example.

OK, I just read through all of this in one go, and I don't really like what I'm seeing. So I'm responding to all of you.

Well you know what, I know AA, and I don't mean to put him down but sometimes he is a little immature, but he is a very wise young man, he is strong in the faith and I am proud to call him a friend. He speaks his mined and you don't like it; So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18. Let him speak his mind, that was the original purpose for his blog. So when you say he is acting immature for saying what he want he thinks, that's not immaturity it's boldness. We need bold people that speak their mind against those who appose us. I also am against Obama, I think he is an awful president, and that we should do everything in our power to get him out of office. I will still submit to and respect him as the leader of our county but that does not mean that I cannot disagree with him. He lied to the people and the people were stupid enough to follow him. That is not going against the Bible and neither is he. Now many of you are saying that we keep bringing this up, well that is because we care about AA, and we do not want him to take all your bull that you throw at him. He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it. I know AA's brother and He is the most Awesome person a guy could know, and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid, and if you try to argue against me using stupid, look it up because that is what many of you are being.

I don't care if AA speaks his mind. His mind, though is offensive, silly, and not really in line with the Bible for such a "godly" young man. Yes I do remember the stupid things I believed when I was 18, thankfully I encountered wiser people who put me in my place. It appears there is no one in AA's life who wants to do that, so he should really be grateful to us, because I have totally gone off on people in real life who have used the word retarded to insult people. And if he continues to go on not caring if he offends people just because, that will happen to him one day too, and it is way more embarrassing when it happens in real life as opposed to online.

And it is not bold to say offensive things and then delete/ignore anyone who disagrees with you, that is actually quite cowardly. The world doesn't need anymore people who can just spout the party line, but run for cover the second they are questioned. There are enough people like that around.

and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid,

So you are saying people who are mentally disabled are stupid? Because if not, why would you call stupid people retarded? You aren't helping his case at all.

Of course, by now I suspect they have all flounced and are all bragging among themselves about how brave they were to face the ebil scary feminists, so I will probably never get a reply to any of this, but I felt like writing it out anyway because I am sure they are lurking.

So lets get this straight if you have a lot of faith and are strong in your faith that makes you a good person and everything you think and say is important?? If you are a godly person (how do people assume they are godly? I thought only god could be godly?) you are a better person? sorry hate to tell you this but to be a better person requires only one thing and that as nothing to do with god. the secret is? here it comes. BEING A BETTER PERSON. Yep that's the secret.

So lets get this straight if you have a lot of faith and are strong in your faith that makes you a good person and everything you think and say is important?? If you are a godly person (how do people assume they are godly? I thought only god could be godly?) you are a better person? sorry hate to tell you this but to be a better person requires only one thing and that as nothing to do with god. the secret is? here it comes. BEING A BETTER PERSON. Yep that's the secret.

Yes, right on! :techie-eatcursor:

Some of my favourite quotes on FJ:

And why are so many good people not religious?

So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18.

I'm 30+? Huh, here I thought I was in my twenties. I know for a fact that we have quite a few 18 and 19 year olds hanging around here, and they would never use the fact that they're 18 to deliberately excuse being offensive and rude. When I was a teenager and someone informed me that something I was doing was inappropriate, I stopped fucking doing it because I didn't want to look like an asshole.

Archived