IGNORED

The Anonymous Antagonist is pissed off at us

formergothardite

...he's calling himself an "antagonist" - doesn't that kind of beg people to disagree with or "hate" on him?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully reading this did him some good, though. He is at the age where he needs to be pushed out of his little bubble of friends who all agree with him and see the world isn't as black and white as he thinks. And, AA, since you are reading here, we don't feed off fury, and if you could come here and be logical and non-crazy, there are many writers here who could probably give constructive criticism if you are open to it.

Just remember, women are not objects owned by men, women can be as visually stimulated as men, so drop the whole modesty is not really for men idea, don't claim to be a Bible believing Christian while at the same time showing disrespect for the president, don't use the word retarded to insult people, and write how you want, but be prepared to a)not have a ton of followers and b)people are going to react to the offensive things you write. If you can't deal with that, then don't publically blog.

Most likely is. Sounds like a name he would use in his book, especially since Anonymous Antagonist is a character, I think.

Okay, first off: no. I'm not AA, as you're referring to him.

Second, the bible verse you quoted says this:

"Obey the head leader of the country and all other leaders over you."

Note it gives the word 'obey'. You're using this verse to try to state that AA isn't following the bible where it clearly states in his post:

"I don't like being under him, yet I'll still follow him.."

He says that he will submit to Obama, which is all the bible verse you quoted requires. The bible does not require that we LOVE our leaders. Herod was a wretched king, as was Saul. If we were under Hitler, we would submit to his rule, because we couldn't do anything about it. But does that require the need to appreciate everything he did? does that require that we must love him?

I'm not going to say any more about his use of the word 'retarded', because I don't find that appealing myself, but is it not true that it's less 'offensive' than using the F-Word in every post? Also, to whoever is saying how wrong it was that he would photoshop a picture of Obama to make him look 'retarded': he didn't photoshop that picture, it was merely something he found on the internet.

Another note, you talk about how offensive his writing is? Do you not realize how offensive all of this is to him? Honestly, his use of the word 'hypocrites' comes directly into play here.

Also:

...he's calling himself an "antagonist" - doesn't that kind of beg people to disagree with or "hate" on him?

he's not calling himself an 'antagonist', that is only the title of his blog. He explained the title in one of his recent posts.

Lastly, for all of you who say he jumps around too much: he doesn't. I can read his blog perfectly well, and it makes perfect sense to me (unless he's being random, which is then quite obvious that he is doing so.) For you who say he needs to stop jumping around, you can either catch up to his pace, or you can stop chasing. Your choice.

I'm not going to say any more about his use of the word 'retarded', because I don't find that appealing myself, but is it not true that it's less 'offensive' than using the F-Word in every post?

No, it's not true, because "the F-word" isn't demeaning and insulting an entire group of people, for fuck's sake.

Guest Anonymous
is it not true that it's less 'offensive' than using the F-Word in every post?

Fuck no.

*Edited because I was cross posting with StarrieEyedKat - what she said. Also for fuck you.

Wow.... How much time are you people spending arguing and criticizing this blog? I also know Daniel personally and he is one of my very good friends. I understand his blogging style just fine and actually find it quite refreshing.

and you know what? You might be offended by the things he says on his blog but I am offended by the things you are saying about him. He is a Godly young man who I am very glad to know.

Seriously, you all need to get a life.

Guest Anonymous
Wow.... How much time are you people spending arguing and criticizing this blog?

It would be less if you dillweeds would quit showing up here and bumping the thread. Out of well over 100,000 posts I think he was mentioned in maybe 25? So to answer your question we spend very little of our time here discussing his blog.

By the way, offending people like the AA and his tag-a-longs gives me warm fuzzy feelings on the inside, so thank you for that.

**ETA: You have the exact same posting style and shitty capitalization errors as Snavewolf. Are you the same person or did you just attend the same SOTDRT?

Thanks Lissar! I couldn't quite muster enough interest to respond to another one, but you stepped up and hit it out of the park. I'll be back to bitch someone out when they start defending the use of "retarded" again.

I think its cute the homeschooling fundy boyz are sticking together. I'll get out the popcorn cart, but someone will need to cover for me, I've had a long day.

No, it's not true, because "the F-word" isn't demeaning and insulting an entire group of people, for fuck's sake.

Every time someone gets their undies in a bunch over "the F-word" I think of South Park:

Fuck is the worst word that you can say...

OK, I just read through all of this in one go, and I don't really like what I'm seeing. So I'm responding to all of you.

Well you know what, I know AA, and I don't mean to put him down but sometimes he is a little immature, but he is a very wise young man, he is strong in the faith and I am proud to call him a friend. He speaks his mined and you don't like it; So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18. Let him speak his mind, that was the original purpose for his blog. So when you say he is acting immature for saying what he want he thinks, that's not immaturity it's boldness. We need bold people that speak their mind against those who appose us. I also am against Obama, I think he is an awful president, and that we should do everything in our power to get him out of office. I will still submit to and respect him as the leader of our county but that does not mean that I cannot disagree with him. He lied to the people and the people were stupid enough to follow him. That is not going against the Bible and neither is he. Now many of you are saying that we keep bringing this up, well that is because we care about AA, and we do not want him to take all your bull that you throw at him. He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it. I know AA's brother and He is the most Awesome person a guy could know, and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid, and if you try to argue against me using stupid, look it up because that is what many of you are being.

It would be less if you dillweeds would quit showing up here

Or "dillweed." Remarkable the similarities in style and message.

Who the hell left the door open for all these strays to get in?! Jeebus!

:chores-mop: :chores-vacuum:

OK, I just read through all of this in one go, and I don't really like what I'm seeing. So I'm responding to all of you.

Well you know what, I know AA, and I don't mean to put him down but sometimes he is a little immature, but he is a very wise young man, he is strong in the faith and I am proud to call him a friend. He speaks his mined and you don't like it; So what, he is 18. All you 30+ people remember when you were 18. Let him speak his mind, that was the original purpose for his blog. So when you say he is acting immature for saying what he want he thinks, that's not immaturity it's boldness. We need bold people that speak their mind against those who appose us. I also am against Obama, I think he is an awful president, and that we should do everything in our power to get him out of office. I will still submit to and respect him as the leader of our county but that does not mean that I cannot disagree with him. He lied to the people and the people were stupid enough to follow him. That is not going against the Bible and neither is he. Now many of you are saying that we keep bringing this up, well that is because we care about AA, and we do not want him to take all your bull that you throw at him. He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it. I know AA's brother and He is the most Awesome person a guy could know, and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid, and if you try to argue against me using stupid, look it up because that is what many of you are being.

These two things are incompatible.

I'm not picking up the bait on anything else here because I believe that more often than not, children should be seen and not heard.

AA, who here is stopping you from saying anything you like? We're not posting anything on your blog. As I've said before, it's even sillier than Miss Raquel's. Go blog away, have fun! Come back in ten years or so when you have something interesting to say.

OK, I just read through all of this in one go, and I don't really like what I'm seeing.

Nobody cares, pumpkin. :roll:

Perhaps someday, when you're older, you'll realize the whole world doesn't revolve around you and your friends.

Guest Anonymous

If you're going to call other people stupid you should really proofread before you post. Your friends don't capitalize when they should and you capitalize when you shouldn't. Don't get me started on the comma abuse and the runaway pronouns. If you all get together you might be able to construct a coherent paragraph that doesn't make my eyeballs bleed - but probably not.

Now I'm going to attempt to explain to you in small words why the content of your post is problematic. No one here is trying to take away AA's right to spew whatever garbage he chooses, but if he posts on the world wide web then he is opening himself up to critique. Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism. He can post whatever he wants as long as it's within the bounds of the law and the rules of his ISP. So can we. If he needs to send his flying monkeys out to flail around on his behalf when people disagree with him then maybe he's too delicate for the internet.

**Edited because I found more errors in Agresto's post, and for fuck you.

He says the word "Retarded" and you guys get your panties in a wad over it. I know AA's brother and He is the most Awesome person a guy could know, and AA did not use "Retarded" to be offensive to those who are mentally disabled, he used it for those who are being stupid, and if you try to argue against me using stupid, look it up because that is what many of you are being.

Well, it doesn't matter what his intention was with the word "retarded". It's still offensive. Also the original meaning of retarded is in fact mentally disabled, as we have mentioned here before. (Do you people even read...?)

To the one who mentioned that we are all 30 plus: I'm more like 18+. :lol: So are a bunch of people here as well.

Also we have reacted on more of his word choices. He used the word "gay" as something bad and degrading for a man. More intolerance right there.

I commented on his blog. I was saying in a polite way that his word choices were offensive to me and other people. It's mostly his word choices we are talking about here. He should be able to respect that people feel this way. I doubt we would have snarked on him if he had not offended us with his poor word choices. I feel sad and hurt when I see how people use gay and retarded as degrading words. I don't necessarily feel hurt for myself, but for the people I know and love.

So until A.A. learns to extend his vocabulary with less offensive words, we might continue to snark on him.

Edit. to say that my first impression of the anonymous ant. was that he was a somewhat nice person. I find my impression faulty since he could not respect other opinions than his own. If people say that certain words are offensive, then listen. Don't defend yourself with something like: "One of my brothers is mentally challenged, so shut-up people who say that kind of crap." Uh how does that even make sense? Basically, he suggests that it's legitimate for him to use the word retarded because he has a brother who is mentally challenged. Why is that legitimate?

Well, it doesn't matter what his intention was with the word "retarded". It's still offensive. Also the original meaning of retarded is in fact mentally disabled, as we have mentioned here before. (Do you people even read...?)

To the one who mentioned that we are all 30 plus: I'm more like 18+. :lol: So are a bunch of people here as well.

Also we have reacted on more of his word choices. He used the word "gay" as something bad and degrading for a man. More intolerance right there.

I commented on his blog. I was saying in a polite way that his word choices were offensive to me and other people. It's mostly his word choices we are talking about here. He should be able to respect that people feel this way. I doubt we would have snarked on him if he had not offended us with his poor word choices. I feel sad and hurt when I see how people use gay and retarded as degrading words. I don't necessarily feel hurt for myself, but for the people I know and love.

So until A.A. learns to extend his vocabulary with less offensive words, we might continue to snark on him.

In that case, I would reword my statement to say: AA, no-one is stopping you from saying anything you like, except when you use offensive terminology. You're getting only the kind of suggestions on your writing that you'd get from peers or teachers in school (I assume you're homeschooled) so this is actually valuable feedback. No-one in polite society uses these terms nowadays, because they are indeed very offensive to those of us who have loved ones touched by Down's or other challenges. In general, inclusive = better.

You guys need to deal with the fact that he can say what he wants, and you can be offended. He can delete you comments on his blog, not because he is immature, but because he does not want to take you polite crap. Criticism is good but attacking him for his vocabulary, and his beliefs on our president is not criticism that is just ranting on him. This page shows that you are immature because you want to rant on some guy because his opinions and use of words are not up to your standards.

This page shows that you are immature because you want to rant on some guy because his opinions and use of words are up to your standards.

That's a lovely (and apropos) typo you have, there.

Archived