IGNORED

Sister Wives: Season Finale and Surprise Announcement

luckylibrarian

Yeah, that was beautiful! I hope they use it and don't just hang it on the wall like Robyn said.

If it really was beautiful I'd hang it on the wall so it wouldn't be totally ruined by baby sick!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it really was beautiful I'd hang it on the wall so it wouldn't be totally ruined by baby sick!

That's true! :) But she was putting so much love into it, it seemed like she would be happier to have it used. "Blankies" that are used do get shredded, though.

Oh, I totally disagree with that. At least for me. I'm 43...always thought I'd have 3-4 kids. We were blessed with one incredible, amazing son who'll be 15 in January, but I still get the baby blues. I hear screaming newborns when out and all I want to do is hold them.

My son finally stopped asking for a sibling last year, and I think he's be slightly embarassed if it happened now. Because, you know, the whole high school would know his parents have sex!!!!

But I have always felt like someone is missing in our family. Still do and probably always will....... Meri may not talk about it but she may feel the same way.

oh i totally disagree with you! my mum turned 40 the year i was born - and this was back in 1987, where pregnant women that old were just almost unheard of - and i was planned! :D and i'm not the only child...when i was born, my sister was 18 and my brother was 16.

[M]my mom never would let me have two other girls over because "two will end up ganging up on the third" but four girls together were okay. Interesting how having three wives was okay (I actually agree with my mom's perspective!).

I once read of this reasoning cited years ago by conservative Muslim men to explain why four wives would be the ideal number.

That's true! :) But she was putting so much love into it, it seemed like she would be happier to have it used. "Blankies" that are used do get shredded, though.

When I make baby blankets I always tell my friends/family "Don't be afraid to use it!" I like to imagine the baby snuggled up and happy in the blanket. My cousin telling me the blanket I made was her daughter's favorite after I spotted it in her stroller was a proud moment. :) I'm sure Mariah wants to see her new brother enjoy her present.

When I make baby blankets I always tell my friends/family "Don't be afraid to use it!" I like to imagine the baby snuggled up and happy in the blanket. My cousin telling me the blanket I made was her daughter's favorite after I spotted it in her stroller was a proud moment. :) I'm sure Mariah wants to see her new brother enjoy her present.

That's sweet!

I cant get this "surprise annoucement" out of my head. I've been thinking about it all week... I dont know why these shows about fundamentalists get me to obsess so much about their weird lives... I guess that's why I joined this forum.

But, anyway, I started to think recently how weird that whole thing was. It's really like a soap opera or something. In retrospect, it feels staged. Cuz while you're looking into the supposedly normal lives of one family, they are fully aware of the cameras. So fortunately for TLC, Robyn just made a great season cliff-hanger to generate more interest.

And, um, yeah, I'm still watching. Cuz it will be interesting to see if Meri does go forward with the surrogate pregnancy. Which they probably would never have been able to afford if they didn't have a show on TLC.

Which again makes me think about the seedy underbelly of Mormon fundamentalism. Again, like with the Duggars, we're being presented a sub-society in a nice pretty, digestible package... See, we polygamists are not as bad as you think... We don't do teen brides or force anyone to get married... it's all choice...

Hmmm...

Archived