IGNORED

The Bayly Brothers

DomWackTroll

A couple days ago my wife Mary Lee was taking care of two grandsons who are brothers, and she reports: "As Zion and Daniel went toward the doll house this morning, I was cautious as I like it to just be for the girls. I told them to be careful with it while I took my shower. When I came back there was doll furniture strewn all over. I asked, 'what happened here?' Daniel said, very matter of factly, 'There was storm... and then a wolf.'"

See? The only reason Bayly boys could possibly be attracted to a doll house is because they have an uncontrollable urge to crush all things feminine. DNA, I guess.

baylyblog.com/2011/11/a-christian-confesses-his-faith-today-when-he-stays-married-to-the-same-woman-for-his-entire-life-when-he-isnt-at-all-inti.html

• 2 weeks later...

My subject line makes it sound like a duo of crooners, but, alas, it ain't!

I stumbled on these 2 clowns' blog the other day, and boy was I ever angry! I couldn't stop reading it; I gather that they're both hyper patriarcal pastors of some church in IN. They have a severe case of mysogyny going on (one of the brothers seems worst than the other in that aspect). I don't think that I've read something that women-hating since I've had the misfortune of falling on a "masculinist" blog written by some guy here in QC whose obsession is the repeal of no-fault divorce laws.

Dissent isn't allowed in the comments section, although sometimes they'll let one slip by so that they can "lovingly" chastise the commenter (ahum). Often a woman whose name starts with a K will do the rebuking; that one is more like a groupie and what irks me is that she agrees 100% with those morons re: hyper-patriarchy but she's in her 40's, unmarried and childless! Pot, meet kettle. :roll:

These two are pastors in a Presbytarian church? I thought that Presbytarians were pretty liberal! I love how they told a female dissenter that they wanted the name and phone # of her pastor so that he could call him and "gently suggest" that she gets "lovingly disciplined". I don't want to suggest that the women in their family are abused, but in some ways I fear for them, sp. the younger ones.

Go take a look at their blog (google their name) but be careful, a barfbag may be needed!

Dissent isn't allowed in the comments section, although sometimes they'll let one slip by so that they can "lovingly" chastise the commenter (ahum). Often a woman whose name starts with a K will do the rebuking; that one is more like a groupie and what irks me is that she agrees 100% with those morons re: hyper-patriarchy but she's in her 40's, unmarried and childless! Pot, meet kettle. :roll:

Ah, Kamilla. Yes, a joyless hag indeed and the ultimate sycophant.. Did you find her oh-so-riveting blog?

www.bravelass.blogspot.com/

The Brothers Bayly are uber-conservative presbyterian ministers and nobody hates women more than they. Whenever I get a bit wobbly on hating the patriarchy, I just need to spend a few minutes in their "company".

Thanks for the link, I had no idea it existed but come to think of it I'm not surprised. She seems like she loves to hear the sound of her voice (or she loves to re-read her own words).

She seems so bitter and hateful.

Thanks for the link, I had no idea it existed but come to think of it I'm not surprised. She seems like she loves to hear the sound of her voice (or she loves to re-read her own words).

She seems so bitter and hateful.

It's interesting to note that she almost never has any comments made by others on her blog.

As repulsive as her views are to me, I find her to be a sad figure. And a little funny (again, in a sad way) when she attempts to take on women like Rachel Held Evans.

Try scrolling down until you get to the "poem" written by a daughter in law. SADDEST thing I have ever read. Awful. I think it's called, "I think you want a wife" or something like that.

I think they will allow some dissent. But they will often verbally freak out on their dissenters, especially women, to the point that I almost picture them foaming at the mouth.

They also have this weird thing where they demand that commenters leave their real names -- I think first and last names. Their ostensible theory -- and it is shared by others, fundie and non-fundie alike -- is that comments have more credibility if they are accompanied by a real name. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Surely, it is the ideas that matter and ideas should rise and fall on their own merit, not based on the identity of the person who utters them. I suspect the Baylys really want names so they can rat out people who piss them off to pastors and such.

I think they will allow some dissent. But they will often verbally freak out on their dissenters, especially women, to the point that I almost picture them foaming at the mouth.

They also have this weird thing where they demand that commenters leave their real names -- I think first and last names. Their ostensible theory -- and it is shared by others, fundie and non-fundie alike -- is that comments have more credibility if they are accompanied by a real name. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Surely, it is the ideas that matter and ideas should rise and fall on their own merit, not based on the identity of the person who utters them. I suspect the Baylys really want names so they can rat out people who piss them off to pastors and such.

I wish I could remember who the commenter was, but one of the BBs contacted her pastor and exhorted him to bring her under control or some such nonsense.

One of them is also the pastor of the young couple who had "multiple spanking sessions" with their eight-month-old baby girl because she wouldn't lie right down and go to sleep in her crib. :evil:

They are abhorrent people.

I wish I could remember who the commenter was, but one of the BBs contacted her pastor and exhorted him to bring her under control or some such nonsense.

One of them is also the pastor of the young couple who had "multiple spanking sessions" with their eight-month-old baby girl because she wouldn't lie right down and go to sleep in her crib. :evil:

They are abhorrent people.

Spanking an 8 months-old?

Abhorrent indeed.

Spanking an 8 months-old?

Abhorrent indeed.

CPS was called and a worker went to their house and they basically downplayed it. He was a doctoral student, IIRC, or maybe doing post-doc work, but in any event, they painted themselves as the innocent young couple (white & suburban didn't hurt, I'm sure) and satisfied whatever concerns CPS expressed to them.

She scrubbed her blog of any reference to the spanking, of course.

One of these guys was the original president of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, but quit because they were not hard enough in their stance. They posted about their quitting on their blog before they ever told anyone at CBMW about it.

One of these guys was the original president of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, but quit because they were not hard enough in their stance. They posted about their quitting on their blog before they ever told anyone at CBMW about it.

I did not know this.

I would have to designate these 2 idiots as the most hateful of any I have run across, either on the internet or in real life (other than individuals who are already incarcerated somewhere for criminal actions). And these guys do seem to market themselves and their craziness as upper socioeconomic class/elitist. Of course, they are also extreme Calvinists, and elitism seems to fit that, too.

I can't read their brand of crazy.

Ah, Kamilla. Yes, a joyless hag indeed and the ultimate sycophant.. Did you find her oh-so-riveting blog?

http://www.bravelass.blogspot.com/

The Brothers Bayly are uber-conservative presbyterian ministers and nobody hates women more than they. Whenever I get a bit wobbly on hating the patriarchy, I just need to spend a few minutes in their "company".

She's a "repentant religious feminist"? What the heck? She means former feminist, right? Or is she attempting to hijack the word to make it mean "what femininity means to me"?

None of her posts interested me enough to read more than the titles. She's a Babe For Baylys, huh? Reminds me of a Lutheran woman (I'm so embarrassed by her) who once felt the call to the ministry, but who let a male pastor explain to her why motherhood is by far a higher calling, in fact, the highest. Well, for women, he meant. So now she has an adopted son (her husband left her) and a career. But the career is for the church, so that's okay. I mean, Luthernas tend to be pretty practical-minded. No "going back and letting the parents and the church support us" for even the most conservative of us. We just ... know better.

I've thought about publishing the url to this lady's blog but nothing would come of it but the usual: Indignance from her, snark - from her fans - back at us for snarking at her. Besides, there's always hope she'll get back in her right mind. Because like the Baylys, IMHO she's out of hers, too.

I loathe the Baylys. What is it about them and the Stinking Fishwife that have produced such misogyny and hatred? :cry:

The Baylys once wrote about how they hate female news reporters, because they can't stand to listen to a woman's voice.

I expect they are grown men who live in a fort that has a hand-lettered sign

saying "Wimmen Haters Club" on the front.

I've thought about publishing the url to this lady's blog but nothing would come of it but the usual: Indignance from her, snark - from her fans - back at us for snarking at her. Besides, there's always hope she'll get back in her right mind. Because like the Baylys, IMHO she's out of hers, too.

Does she have any fans? She sure writes a lot, but doesn't seem to have a lot of followers.

I loathe the Baylys. What is it about them and the Stinking Fishwife that have produced such misogyny and hatred? :cry:

The Baylys once wrote about how they hate female news reporters, because they can't stand to listen to a woman's voice.

I expect they are grown men who live in a fort that has a hand-lettered sign

saying "Wimmen Haters Club" on the front.

I tend to call people like these 2 bozos "Paulists" instead of "Christians". They follow Paul's teachings more than do Jesus's.

I tend to call people like these 2 bozos "Paulists" instead of "Christians". They follow Paul's teachings more than do Jesus's.

I don't believe that Paul taught what they say he taught. Paul has very complicated Greek grammar. In the section about women keeping silent, the punctuation indicates that this is Paul quoting a statement, not Paul making a statement. In 1 Timothy 2, the King James fails to pick up on the fact that Paul is not talking about all women but about one specific woman. The verse concerning man being the head of woman -- the word for "head" in reference to Jesus is that he is the Chief cornerstone, the head of the corner or the angle of the corner, and this is not a reference to ruling over anyone. If anything, it suggestes that the head is origin and a stone of foundation that bears up those who extend from it. By extention, men are the point of orientation for women -- an origin point.

Paul is open to some varied interpretations, but I don't ascribe to anything remotely like what the Baileys teach, and I never did.

I don't believe that Paul taught what they say he taught. Paul has very complicated Greek grammar. In the section about women keeping silent, the punctuation indicates that this is Paul quoting a statement, not Paul making a statement. In 1 Timothy 2, the King James fails to pick up on the fact that Paul is not talking about all women but about one specific woman. The verse concerning man being the head of woman -- the word for "head" in reference to Jesus is that he is the Chief cornerstone, the head of the corner or the angle of the corner, and this is not a reference to ruling over anyone. If anything, it suggestes that the head is origin and a stone of foundation that bears up those who extend from it. By extention, men are the point of orientation for women -- an origin point.

Paul is open to some varied interpretations, but I don't ascribe to anything remotely like what the Baileys teach, and I never did.

Thank you, Zoot! I need to real up a lot on the real Paul, not the one my (otherwise beloved) church teaches!

Thank you, Zoot! I need to real up a lot on the real Paul, not the one my (otherwise beloved) church teaches!

For free, you can link here to download Jocelyn Andersen's book which goes into some of the details about the language of Paul and "Gender Biased English Translation Theology." http://hungryheart100.tripod.com/sitebu ... 429323.pdf

If you like the book, please buy a copy for a friend.

Cheryl Schatz also has good stuff on her blog, too. strivetoenter.com/wim

Interesting...I was raised nominally Roman Catholic, went to an elementary school ran by nuns but that's the extent of my "religious studies".

The whole field of biblical interpretation is fascinating. There are many things that I don't like about my birth religion (priest celibacy, the pedophile priest scandals, the way that Opus Dei tries to infiltrates some governments) but I respect them for other things, even if I don't practice anymore.

I have a problem with branches of fundamentalist protestants, in that they take the bible too litterally, and I find it bizarre wanting to live in the early 21st century under precepts written for life 2000 yrs (and more!) ago. And no, Jesus drank wine at Cana, not Welch's grape juice (most Pentacostals and Baptists use juice in their church services).

Ugh - the Bayly brothers. Of the various fundie pastors I know, they bother me the most. I think it's the very thinly veiled hatred of women they seem to have. Fundies in general have a narrow idea of what they think women should be doing and what they are capable of, but the Baylys take that further and I always feel gross after I read something of theirs. In addition to have a narrow view of women's roles, they then denigrate women even within that narrow sphere.

AS a sidenote, I grew up in the Reformed section of fundieland and even there (Baylys are PCA ministers so this is their home turf), I get the sense that these guys are fairly controversial because of their heavyhanded stances on various things.

Man, Kamilla is the worst at being funny/sad at the same time. I love when she tries to get into Twitter fights with Rachel Held Evans and just gets ignored.

Did anyone else read the post about how she got coffee with the woman from the seminary she went to, but claims she saw satan working in the woman or something crazy like that and just got up and left instead of having dialogue about why she's denouncing that same seminary now?

Man, Kamilla is the worst at being funny/sad at the same time. I love when she tries to get into Twitter fights with Rachel Held Evans and just gets ignored.

Did anyone else read the post about how she got coffee with the woman from the seminary she went to, but claims she saw satan working in the woman or something crazy like that and just got up and left instead of having dialogue about why she's denouncing that same seminary now?

I saw those. And yes, I do think Kamilla is pretty sad. I know she used to post on LAF, but I haven't seen her lately and wonder if Jennie Chancey dropped her, too. There's much to snark on at Kamilla's blog, but I just feel guilty doing it because there's something very pitiful about her.

I missed

I saw those. And yes, I do think Kamilla is pretty sad. I know she used to post on LAF, but I haven't seen her lately and wonder if Jennie Chancey dropped her, too. There's much to snark on at Kamilla's blog, but I just feel guilty doing it because there's something very pitiful about her.

Missed those. Details? What did she say to provoke Rachel Held Evans?

I missed

Missed those. Details? What did she say to provoke Rachel Held Evans?

I can't get her blog to load at the moment. However, if I'm remembering right, the seminary snarkage was taking place around April/May of this year. THe Rachel Held Evans fun and games is all recent and you'll see it if you go to the main page and just start scrolling down.

Archived