IGNORED

Who is suppose to take care of the Orphans?

Justme

Gothard & fundies don't "believe" in adoption as it may "corrept" the family. So, when the parents die, who is to take care of the orphans? Not everybody has family who is able to take care of them.

For example, what if Teri & Steve Maxwell died when the kids were young? The relatives weren't "fundie enough" to take care of them. Who would have provided their care according to Gothard?

The eldest male, who will keep a few of the older girls around to serve as keepers of the home, and sell off the holy hymens of the younger ones for a fancy dress and a piece of cake.

There is a poster on another board who had QF inlaws. Mom was told by the doctor that eleven children were enough and she shouldn't have another. She got pregnant with twins and died giving birth taking the babies with her. Dad died six months later in a car crash. The children were split up among family with the poster taking four of the kids.

There is a poster on another board who had QF inlaws. Mom was told by the doctor that eleven children were enough and she shouldn't have another. She got pregnant with twins and died giving birth taking the babies with her. Dad died six months later in a car crash. The children were split up among family with the poster taking four of the kids.

That is sad.

Just imagine if mullet died giving birth to #20 and boob died later. Smugger would be "in charge" of his sibs. Anna would probably have a nervous breakdown!

I get the feeling that some fundies/QF's don't think about the possibility that their children may end up orphans. I think some fundies probably do have wills or paperwork stating who they would want to care for their children if they have fundie relatives. I do wonder about the same things that OP mentioned about relatives not being fundie enough.

That is sad.

Just imagine if mullet died giving birth to #20 and boob died later. Smugger would be "in charge" of his sibs. Anna would probably have a nervous breakdown!

That is hard to imagine. I guess if Boob and Mullet both died, the over 18 Duggars would have to answer Josh. I can see Anna having a nervous breakdown for different reasons. I get the feeling that the J'Slaves can be nosy around about Smuggar and Anna. I can Anna get annoyed with her adult sister in laws if she had to be around them more and of course she would also deal with the difficulty of caring the younger kids in addition to her two. Maybe Anna would set courtships to get J'Slaves out of the house.

Well, if God let the parents die then clearly he didn't love the family very much, or the parents did something bad to deserve God's wrath. Therefore, the kids don't deserve anyone to care for them. I really think Gothard believes nothing bad happens if you just pray hard enough.

That is sad.

Yes I think that's it. The oldest sibling gets the responsibility for the rest of his siblings. Just look at the Lee family with 13 children, whose father died in the tornado.

This one is Jordan Lee who lost his father. What a Godly young man he is! He brings glory to God as he carries on his father’s legacy.

I get the feeling that some fundies/QF's don't think about the possibility that their children may end up orphans

They think things like that wouldn't happen to good people like them. :(

Yes I think that's it. The oldest sibling gets the responsibility for the rest of his siblings. Just look at the Lee family with 13 children, whose father died in the tornado.

Please tell me that quote means that his the "man" of the house and not stepping up to keep filling the quiver. :pray:

Archived