IGNORED

baptist church: if gay's can't marry, we won't marry anyone

browncoatslytherin

i thought baptists were pretty anti-gay as well, but apparently they can change! also, this church was kicked out of the southern baptist association thingy because they blessed gay unions. so, oh well, but at least they're sticking to their guns and standing up for what is right.

Here is a link to an inclusive Baptist church in NC. One of my lifetime friends (since childhood) attends. We grew up in a traditional Southern Baptist Church in the South........a far cry from what he found in NC.

http://www.wedgewoodbaptist.com/index.html

:violence-axechase:

I couldn't find the popcorn-munching smiley. I could have sworn I've seen one like that before.

Anyhoo, what the hell is going on around here lately? Someone deleted their post because they decided it was off-topic, shotgunOpera thought fighting would get her thread locked...THIS IS NOT TWOP!!!

:violence-axechase:

I couldn't find the popcorn-munching smiley. I could have sworn I've seen one like that before.

Anyhoo, what the hell is going on around here lately?

Too much rich Thanksgiving food? Indigestion? A bit of weight gain?

Too much rich Thanksgiving food? Indigestion? A bit of weight gain?

I thought maybe everyone got into the wacky tabaccy. :shock:

Here is a link to an inclusive Baptist church in NC. One of my lifetime friends (since childhood) attends. We grew up in a traditional Southern Baptist Church in the South........a far cry from what he found in NC.

http://www.wedgewoodbaptist.com/index.html

i wish there was a church like that around here! even though i don't do well going to churches anymore, i think i could go to something like that and enjoy it.

shotgunOpera thought fighting would get her thread locked...THIS IS NOT TWOP!!!

sorry, i'm off my meds until i can get my insurance so i can go to a doc, so i'm just kind of...sensitive...right now

no thread that i know of! i was just saying i didn't want this thread to be locked because of the fighting. i know this forum is pretty lax, but like i said i'm kinda paranoid and like to err on the side of caution, and since i think this is an important step for this baptist church i didn't want to risk this thread going away.

Relax. . . I've never seen a thread locked for arguing. This is FJ, not TWOP. ;)

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a thread locked around here at all. I don't think so... :?

The only threads that are locked are spam or the threads in the announcement forum. We've never locked a thread, at least since I took over, and I doubt we ever will.

If they locked threads for fightng we probably wouldn't have any threads open! :dance:

I just took all my nighttime drugs and I have a coffee mug of wine because my classy wineglasses are dirty. I look forward to excitement tonight, my black friday shopping was a bust.

p.s. If they locked threads for off topic posts, I would have no posts and not be on my way to my dream of becoming WALMARTHA.

p.p.s. I am a legally ordained reverend and will marry any gays who want a wedding at anytime.

p.p.p.s. My nighttime drugs and wine are totally kicking in now... :whistle:

p.s. If they locked threads for off topic posts, I would have no posts and not be on my way to my dream of becoming WALMARTHA.

How many more posts do you need to become a WALMARTHA?

I think only 25 more,I didn't realize I was that close!!!( but it may be 5000.) I will keep posting tonight to hit 4000. Sorry people, I am be using you just to hit 4000 tonight. :)

I think only 25 more,I didn't realize I was that close!!!( but it may be 5000.) I will keep posting tonight to hit 4000. Sorry people, I am be using you just to hit 4000 tonight. :)

I feel so cheap.

I totally deserve it, its ok if the person is worth it. :dance:

It must be fate. Either that, or we're like two ships passing in the night.

I'm trying to get my posting count up to 200, simply because I want to experience the 200 mark. And here you are aiming for the big 4000! Wow. Just. Wow.

Not that I don't agree with the idea, but it's odd for a church to do this.

After all, they do follow the bible, that's what they're all about, right? And the bible states that men & women shall be married, afaik.

Not that I don't agree with the idea, but it's odd for a church to do this.

After all, they do follow the bible, that's what they're all about, right? And the bible states that men & women shall be married, afaik.

From what I've witnessed, there are two kinds of Bible readers: there's the variety that you're probably used to that take every passage in the Bible at face value, and then there are those that interpret the Bible more metaphorically. To make things even more complicated, it can sometimes go even deeper to those that believe that the Bible is 100% the Word of God, as well as completely infallible, and those that see the Bible as divinely inspired but acknowledge the fact that it has several human authors that allowed in some snippets of societal bias of the time.

If it helps, this website that has been a favorite of mine for years offers different ways to look at controversial verses that appear to condemn homosexuality: http://www.soulforce.org/article/homose ... -christian

The founder of the website also happens to be a minister.

As far as this church goes, while refusing to marry anyone until gay marriage is legal everywhere does seem extreme, I applaud them for taking such a bold measure in the fight for tolerance. Kudos to them. I am really wishing I could attend one of their services.

Archived