IGNORED

20/20 is doing a piece on the children of WBC.

dawn9476

WBC means only one thing to me, white blood cell.

So review what it is for us nurses please.

WBC means only one thing to me, white blood cell.

So review what it is for us nurses please.

Westboro Baptist Church [sic], they of the "God hates fags" signs and other unhelpful behaviors at soldiers' funerals, or the funerals of two old couples killed in a car accident. (Because the women were found in the backseat and the men in the front seat, WBC's logic ran, they were homosexuals. In actuality, each couple had been married over 50 years. Quite the braintrust, that WBC.)

ETA: My favorite anti-WBC picket to date is:

God hates fags

But he likes a good cigar

:lol:

Westboro Baptist Church is the extended family of one man whose reason for living appears to be rage. (The church building is also his house.) An account by one of his children who left portrays a man who would back a child into a corner and rage and curse at that child literally for hours. There is also circumstantial evidence that the family attempts to make money--many of them are attorneys--by annoying people enough to do something actionable in an effort to make them go away, and then settling out of court.

They make little children stand up at funerals holding signs that say terrible things about the grieving people present and about the deceased.

Westboro Baptist Church [sic], they of the "God hates fags" signs and other unhelpful behaviors at soldiers' funerals, or the funerals of two old couples killed in a car accident. (Because the women were found in the backseat and the men in the front seat, WBC's logic ran, they were homosexuals. In actuality, each couple had been married over 50 years. Quite the braintrust, that WBC.)

God hates fags

I should have guessed that, duh! I will try to watch 20/20. Yes, that group picketed at a soldier's funeral here, what a bunch of losers.

They classify themselves as the only Christians in the world and everyone else who have differing views as them are "fags" and will die in "Hell". I've watched documentaries on them and they're a creepy bunch. I know 20/20 did a short story on them last year revolving around Lauren Drain, the one who was kicked out of the church.

I'll definitely watch it tonight. Hopefully more people have left the church. The last I heard, Lauren Drain and Libby Phelps are no longer with WBC.

Here's a story about the third generation in the Phelps family, from just last week.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/19/32 ... ir-to.html

These people are total hypocrites. They live pretty worldly lives with their "Dexter" and "Call of Duty" and I phones. The kids have gone to public school AND college. What is the hold for ones that stay with this group?

God hates fags

i'm not sure if this picture i have was taken at a wbc protest or not, and i can't find it at the moment, but basically one guy is holding a sign saying that homosexuality is an abomination, and another guy is standing beside him with a t-shirt that has an arrow pointing to the first guy that says, "he loves the cock"

These people are total hypocrites. They live pretty worldly lives with their "Dexter" and "Call of Duty" and I phones. The kids have gone to public school AND college. What is the hold for ones that stay with this group?

well, what is the hold for people in fundieism? my opinion...probably brainwashing.

I checked my local ABC station and it's not on here. Are some of you able to view it tonight?

those of you that can watch it...please post a summary/review of it! my antenna will only pick up ion tv, so it's criminal minds for me

Interesting tidbit from the Kansas City article linked above.

According to Steve Hassan, a Massachusetts-based counselor who has written extensively about cults and religious fundamentalist groups, human brains continue to mature until right around the age of 25. People have left cult-like situations at all ages, he says, but when asked the ages most likely to prompt a departure, the first thing he says is “15, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25...â€

Anderson Cooper 360, at the same time :( is supposed to have a new installment in the Ungodly Discipline series.

ETA: so far, it looks like a compilation/ rehash of the previous reports.

Anderson Cooper 360, at the same time :( is supposed to have a new installment in the Ungodly Discipline series.

I don't have cable. I so miss Anderson!

I hope more of the children leave that cultic church, so far Shirley's son and one girl did.

I must be slacking off in my WBC stalking. When did Shirley's son leave?

If you want more information or background on WBC, watch "The Most Hated Family in America" and "The Most Hated Family in Crisis" on YouTube. These people are downright hateful and horrible.

Archived