IGNORED

Sarah defends FWBC as a hate-group

onlyorganic

So according to Sarah at hatesdesire... it's okay to be a hate-group because God *does* hate some people. I could go on about this woman, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she's a quaint Irish woman who lives in the countryside and raises animals and only appears like a giant **** via the internet.

sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.com/2011/11/oh-no-not-another-hate-group.html

This woman's insane, what the heck is she thinking?

However to be fair, the Old Testament has many things unlikeable that God has performed; genocide of the Canaanites, murdering the first-born of Egypt, destroying the people in the flood and Sodom/Gomorrah (there might have been children and infants there), God ordering Abraham to sacrifice his son (although he spared him), a father sacrificing his daughter to thank God for his victory in battle, the trial of Job, etc. etc.

God in the OT is clearly described as a jealous, tyrannical, vindictive, vengeful megalomaniac. Richard Dawkins, Chris Hitchens and many other atheists have point that out as well.

However to be fair, the Old Testament has many things unlikeable that God has performed; genocide of the Canaanites, murdering the first-born of Egypt, destroying the people in the flood and Sodom/Gomorrah (there might have been children and infants there), God ordering Abraham to sacrifice his son (although he spared him), a father sacrificing his daughter to thank God for his victory in battle, the trial of Job, etc. etc.

God in the OT is clearly described as a jealous, tyrannical, vindictive, vengeful megalomaniac. Richard Dawkins, Chris Hitchens and many other atheists have point that out as well.

Quote from the God Delusion,

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully"

So according to Sarah at hatesdesire... it's okay to be a hate-group because God *does* hate some people. I could go on about this woman, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she's a quaint Irish woman who lives in the countryside and raises animals and only appears like a giant **** via the internet.

sarah-heartsdesire.blogspot.com/2011/11/oh-no-not-another-hate-group.html

If God is so hateful, why would you believe in him in the first place? Is it because of fear?

Oh no, she did not:

Hmmm...perhaps we could label the Atheist associations around the world as a hate group? Or what about abortion clinics, homosexual support groups or others which hate God, Christianity, Christians and almost everything we stand for?

Sarah, do you hate the weeds in my garden? No, I think you do not. How could you hate the weeds in my garden? Why would you even think of the weeds in my garden? How would you know there are weeds in my garden? You have never seen my garden or been in my garden. I think the last thing on your mind, are the weeds in my garden.

I can't hate God, more than you - Sara, can hate the weeds in my garden.

When you say that atheists hate God, you make no sense. You could might as well tell me that I hate the aliens who live on planet X in galaxy Y. I don't know these creatures. I have never met them, and have never heard or seen any kind of proof of their existence. I don't believe in them and I don't think about them, but it doesn't mean I hate them. To be fair, my feelings towards them are probably 100 % neutral. I mean, how can I develop love or hate towards something I don't even know about? I don't know about God. I have read the Bible, but it didn't prove anything to me.

It's a scary thought that these nutjobs encourage literal interpretation of Scripture. The sacrificing of children, etc.......let's hope they don't take it that far.

Good ol' Steve talks about the God of the Bible being a God of hate, and that's why he can hate people. He had a whole sermon about division and hate.

Archived