IGNORED

Field trip to the Taco Tico Car Lot!

SamuraiKatz

That car lot site is retarded, no pics, have to scroll all the way down to see the make,bad bad bad. And who is RD Chatman?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That car lot site is retarded, no pics, have to scroll all the way down to see the make,bad bad bad. And who is RD Chatman?

Yeah, BUT, you can grab a 1990 Sierra with a mere 253020 miles for ONLY $1,950. SUCH A DEAL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is overpricing many of his cars. The blue book value is really low compared to what he is selling them for. Also looks like his inventory is low, I browsed through the makes and there weren't many. Thinking his car lots are not doing so well.

He is overpricing many of his cars. The blue book value is really low compared to what he is selling them for. Also looks like his inventory is low, I browsed through the makes and there weren't many. Thinking his car lots are not doing so well.

Funny how that happens when, you know, customers show up and there isn't anyone around to be responsible for selling! :D

On another thread here, one poster said that someone on DWOP posted that the first car lot is closed down. This lot probably isn't doing well. I looked through some of the cars and they are definitely overpriced and that probably turns some people off. I think the show has hurt Josh's businesses in some ways, people who live in Springdale who watch the show are probably seeing various family members handling and they might be worried about the conditions of the cars.

Make that car LOT. Another poster recently confirmed that the original location (Champion) is now gathering tumbleweeds. I guess it sits until Joseph or Josiah is ready to set up their store-front businesses since Boob owns that property as well. JD seems to work out of the Tico Taco car lot (or the TTCL if you're in a hurry).

"Grammar policed" my own post. You can see the stupid error below. That's what one gets when posting on the fly, then changes wording a bit so subject/verb are not in agreement. :naughty: finger of shame points at me. :mrgreen:

Make that car LOT. Another poster recently confirmed that the original location (Champion) is now gathering tumbleweeds. I guess it sits until Joseph or Josiah are ready to set up their store-front businesses since Boob owns that property as well. JD seems to work out of the Tico Taco car lot (or the TTCL if you're in a hurry).

I think that will happen too.

So how is that snake-oil salesman Josh able to convert people to his brand of Christianity? By example??

A 1990 American car with 200K+ miles is worth nothing. A car like that would nickel and dime a person to death and by the time they were done with the repair bills, they would still have a 1990 piece of shit with a ton of miles. I bet Josh sells fly-by-night auto repair insurance policies that don't come through when they are needed. Still I cannot think of an occupation that suits Josh better! It's been said but still I would like to see how well he supports his wife and kids in a few years with the economy the way it is. I bet he would let his wife work.

Our current ride is a '93 Civic. Unfortunatley, when you live in the city, people like to dink, sideswipe and otherwise ruin the exterior of parked cars. But it only has 75k on it and has never needed any work done other than oil changes and a new set of tires every few years.

Still couldn't get $1900 for it and we live in an area where that's a month's rent for a small 2 bedroom apartment.

I am starting to wonder if the car lot is not just for show or for the show? I mean when the boss has two lots with overpriced cars and is never there because of all the trips it sure makes me wonder.

I am starting to wonder if the car lot is not just for show or for the show? I mean when the boss has two lots with overpriced cars and is never there because of all the trips it sure makes me wonder.

I wonder about that too. I believe Josh had the first car lot prior to the series, I don't think that car lot ever did extremely well, I remember one episode from a couple of years back, in which Josh said that the lot wasn't doing well. I think the car lots are used in some ways by the Duggars to make Josh look high and mighty on the show. They act as if Josh is a successful entrepreneur who bought the second car lot on his own. Boob even lied in one episode about it, despite there being evidence in a previous episode about him owning the lot. In one episode, "James Duggar" was seen on a sign on a building and I think there was something else that had Jim Bob's name during the zoning meeting.

I don't think there is anything wrong with parents helping their children establish businesses. I know a few people who were helped by their parents in those situations. The issue I have with the Duggars is that they lie about it and expect people to think that a 23 year old can run two car lots while traveling quite a bit. Josh does employ a friend to help out at the lot and that friend probably takes care of things when he is gone. I think the lot just doesn't do well because the cars are overpriced.

Now that someone on DWOP has said that the first car lot is closed down, I wonder if the Duggars will admit to it in the upcoming season. The Duggars like to think the viewers buy into all of the BS they throw out. They might not realize that viewers can do property and tax record searches online. The property records are what gave away the true ownership of the lots. Also the property searches revealed that Josh and Anna are living in Mary's rental. I think they did admit to living in the rental on the show. Someone here also said that Amy's "house" is also owned by Mary and that Deanna lives there too.

LOLDuggars Created. Much gratitude for the firsthand report.

We'll love you forever if you go back during business hours and try to buy a car from Josh. Secretly record and upload to youtube....

We'll love you forever if you go back during business hours and try to buy a car from Josh. Secretly record and upload to youtube....

Ohmigod YES. But be careful about going for a test drive. Those cars look and sound reeeealllly sketchy, I don't know how far I would trust one on the road. I bet the paint is pretty much all that is holding them together.

You guys are completely awesome to care enough to get us a picture!! Only other FJ'ers understand :)

Thanks! My only regret is that we didn't stop at the infamous E-Z Mart. The store that took Michelle out of Josie's NICU room and over to the Alcohol Beverage Control Board meeting.

We were considering a series similar to "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" We would name the effort "Where in Duggarland is Samurai Katz?" :D

Thanks! My only regret is that we didn't stop at the infamous E-Z Mart. The store that took Michelle out of Josie's NICU room and over to the Alcohol Beverage Control Board meeting.

We were considering a series similar to "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" We would name the effort "Where in Duggarland is Samurai Katz?" :D

That would be so awesome if you stopped there and bought some beer. :lol:

Oh! I don't even want to consider the thought...

yeah really, that is disgusting.

Bwahahahahaha! LT and I are a couple and we're both......girls......We might cause him to have an implosion of epic proportion! At the very least we might create a tear in the Duggar space time continuum.

I could send my oldest two daughters....they like guys and they aren't at all fundie. Those two would have a field day.....

This is a very important mission to undertake on behalf of FJ. I will have a chat with LaTraviata and ensure that your custom smocked safety vests (embellished with life like plastic fetuses) are suitably fashionable and yet not obvious to the natives. :lol:

Bwahahahahaha! LT and I are a couple and we're both......girls......We might cause him to have an implosion of epic proportion! At the very least we might create a tear in the Duggar space time continuum.

I could send my oldest two daughters....they like guys and they aren't at all fundie. Those two would have a field day.....

I kinda wondered since you said partner (I'm a gay guy). You should both go, introduce her as your 'friend'. Take the kids too. Act all flirty with LT, and playful. Culminate by agreeing to buy a GEO Metro with 300k Miles for $20k. Get so excited you make out right there, preferably with Anna watching. Have your kids applaud your love, then take off in your new car. The good people of FJ will kick in the cost of the car. It'd be worth it.

what is this? i don't remember hearing about that!

what is this? i don't remember hearing about that!

When Josie was 8 days old (actually the day her bowel perforated), Michelle was scheduled to speak to the ABC or whatever it's called in Arkansas. I thought she made the trek back to Tonitown, but was corrected; the licenses are issued at the state level. At any rate, there was a convenience store about a mile from the Duggar compound that applied for a beer and wine license. Michelle, all teary and whatnot, goes up in front of the board and convinces them to deny the license using the WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN????? defense. I wish TLC would have had the balls to air this; it certainly would have changed a lot of peoples' minds about Michelle's priorities: stopping people from buying a 6 pack is obviously so much more important than her very sick baby who nearly died that day...I think most of us would have let the meeting go without a second thought.

I dunno. There were a convenience stores near all of the schools I attended and I don't know a single kid who was able to buy liquor from them. So, she won....for the time being. The decision has since been revoked and the store can sell beer and wine despite all the high and mighty Michelle did to try to legislate what the rest of society chooses to do.

When Josie was 8 days old (actually the day her bowel perforated), Michelle was scheduled to speak to the ABC or whatever it's called in Arkansas. I thought she made the trek back to Tonitown, but was corrected; the licenses are issued at the state level. At any rate, there was a convenience store about a mile from the Duggar compound that applied for a beer and wine license. Michelle, all teary and whatnot, goes up in front of the board and convinces them to deny the license using the WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN????? defense. I wish TLC would have had the balls to air this; it certainly would have changed a lot of peoples' minds about Michelle's priorities: stopping people from buying a 6 pack is obviously so much more important than her very sick baby who nearly died that day...I think most of us would have let the meeting go without a second thought.

I dunno. There were a convenience stores near all of the schools I attended and I don't know a single kid who was able to buy liquor from them. So, she won....for the time being. The decision has since been revoked and the store can sell beer and wine despite all the high and mighty Michelle did to try to legislate what the rest of society chooses to do.

I didn't know about the decision being revoked. I'm glad it got revoked.

I thought Michelle's testimony in front of licensing board was lame especially when she said that she didn't want her kids to have access to alcohol. Convenience stores have to follow the law about carding. In many states undercover cops or people connected to licensing boards and agencies are often sent in to see if stores are carding.

Even thought TLC didn't air that incident, people did hate on Michelle for leaving the hosptial to go to the licensing board. I think that incident also turned off some locals from the Duggars. I read comment sections on local newspaper and TV stations in that area and some people were pissed about Michelle kicking small businesses down. There were some anti-Duggar posts on topix about this incident.

I have a feeling that the reason John David lost the election for alderman was partially because of this incident. In rural areas, some people are ok with convenience stores/gas stations selling liquor because it allows the business to make extra money here and there. I think some people in the Duggars' town may view them as threats to small business because of their attitudes on certain things.

I remember on twop a Duggar defender posted that maybe the Duggars didn't want the store to sell liquor because they didn't want bottles being thrown on their property. I thought that was pretty lame. My aunt and uncle lived near a gas station that didn't sell liquor for a lot of years and they always different types of trash being thrown on their property like candy wrappers, plastic soda rings and other stuff like that.

Archived