IGNORED

Does FJ have a glossary thread?

crazyforkate

SOTDRT = School of the Dining Room Table. A reference to the particularly abysmal style of "homeschooling" that many fundies seem to practice, where the children come out knowing slightly more than nothing.

Thank you CV!

I know the 'School of the Dining Room Table' phenomenon, but I couldn't figure out the abbreviation :roll:

Don't forget TT: Taliban Tony, aka Anthony/AJ Dodds, aka "AzariYah", Lina's husband from the blog A Set Apart Life (currently flounced, but she'll be back).

@Jessica: Great job on the glossary! But I see you missed riffles. I guess I'm not the only one who is clueless on that one. Can somebody help on this one?

NIKE: The word Duggar girls shout when they see a woman dressed "immodestly", as it is women's work to ensure young men/boys are not defrauded (also a verb, which can mean that someone was forced to commit lust by a glimpse of collar bone or ankle). It refers to the boys being required to look down at their shoes. Context: At Dollywood, Jinger had to shout NIKE!, as Dolly Parton was there, and Josiah was staring at Dolly's dirty pillows.

To the rest of us, Nike is the Greek Goddess of Victory, or a brand, which uses children in other countries to make the shoes and clothes in poor condition.

Thank you, Jessica! I never knew about the Maxwells and the reversal thing... I guess I haven't read back in their blog far enough or read about them in general. They just scare the bejesus out of me. Too Stepford-ish. Love the whole "riffle" thing!!!!!!!

Don't forget TT: Taliban Tony, aka Anthony/AJ Dodds, aka "AzariYah", Lina's husband from the blog A Set Apart Life (currently flounced, but she'll be back).

Do you really think she'll be back? I don't know, this time seems pretty permanent.

Thanks, Jessica, for the helpful definitions, particularly TTH and PP. I knew Steve Anderson was the Pissing Preacher, but I didn't know why. Now I know, and despise him all the more!

So whats the reason behind the nail polish discussion? But I enjoyed the techniques.

It began on the old board (I tried to find the original post, but failed) as a discussion about nail polish on a thread as a way to ignore trolls on a thread, becoming known as the Pedicure Maneuver, referenced in Free Jinger's FAQ. It has expanded into any obviously Off Topic discussion in the midst of fundies befouling the carpets, or silly, petty arguments one wishes to diffuse or digress from. The photos of sex-ay people are more fun, even if St. Alan is no David Bowie.

I believe the first instance was on a thread with "UnderMuchGrace": http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/137765 ... ply-137765

I also know it annoys some people; sorry. I was once BarrenDame, which did not seem appropriate when we were raptured. I went with my Roller Derby name.

• 4 months later...

Can one of you FJ veterans explain the "shit on the rug" Responses? I see it all the time and don't really understand the reference if any lol. I just think whenever I see it "Oh you done baddddd" Yeah my brain works in mysterious ways.

Archived