IGNORED

Boycott TLC For All American Muslim?

debrand

Ugh, what an awful page. The show was made to increase understanding of Muslim Americans and what they are like. Why is there not a page saying "boycott Christian Americans, because they killed the native population of the US when they came here?"

It is wellknown that muslims themselves are not violent, only radical muslims, which we do not have in the US. We see the same hatred among the WBC, christians who while not using violence (yet) are also doing evil things in the name of god.

Christians seem to ignore the fact that Islam comes from the same base as Judaism and Christianity, they just believe in a different ending prophet, it's the same god. of course I'm not an expert, but isn't it?

things like this make me sad to be an american.

I have noticed that people that are anti-Muslim gloss over a lot of things that Christianity and some Christians have done throughout history. I used to post on a TV related message board up until last last year. This message board was popular years ago, but in the past few years activity has declined and most of the more active remaining members are conservative Christians and they aren't the types who are tolerant of non-Christians. Last year, one poster who is also a moderator made a thread about the mosque proposal near Ground Zero. That thread was crazy and one poster who lives in NYC pointed out that the area around Ground Zero had a Muslim presence for a long time and that the Muslim community in NYC isn't a radical community. He also mentioned that non-radical Muslims were WTC victims. Despite all that, the certain moderator just wasn't having it and later when another poster pointed out the atrocities committed by Christians, she still ignored things.

After that I stopped posting on that board less and less. The biggest problem with that board, was a lack of tolerance for non-Christians and atheists. The same moderator who I have talked about is also a huge Duggar defender. The women on All American Muslim are better women than Mullet and the J'Slaves.

I want to watch this show (and might get a chance to because I am house sitting for a family with cable). The same Christian people that make mean comments about Muslims and "drinking in America but not in the Middle East" (paraphrase) are the some of the same people that don't behave like Jesus would have. It bugs me the hypocrites that open their mouths and spew hate but dislike having their flaws thrown back at them.

I also reported that page to Facebook as "hate speech targeting a religious group" especially after reading many of the comments on the page. I happen to enjoy that show, and hope it does educate others out there.

I reported it, too. But, you know, until they post half a boob next to a nursing baby's cheek, we'll likely not see any action on Facebook's part.

I reported the page because of religious bigotry. I hope many of you do the same.
I reported it as well. I also linked it on my page for others to report if they felt compelled to do so.

I reported it, too. But, you know, until they post half a boob next to a nursing baby's cheek, we'll likely not see any action on Facebook's part.

I agree we might not see any action from Facebook on this, unless something really really bad gets posted.

• 2 weeks later...

"Islamophobia": The fear of speaking out against the rapidly growing religion/ideology that is out to repress all who do not follow its doctrine.

Guest Anonymous
"Islamophobia": The fear of speaking out against the rapidly growing religion/ideology that is out to repress all who do not follow its doctrine.

Points for your username choice, love The Princess Bride. Demerits for the bigotry, though, so your score comes out to zero. Thanks for playing!

Wait, why is fear of persecution by the growing attempt to turn the US in to a Christian theocracy called "islamophobia"?

Um, not, not an Islam fan myself, but that is not the correct definition.

Archived