IGNORED

Boycott TLC For All American Muslim?

debrand

Ouch. That's truly idiotic. The show isn't about Islam. It's about the lives of some Muslim families in Dearborn, who clearly identify as both proud Americans and proud Muslims. How exactly can it be dangerous propaganda to have a Muslim police officer say that he's American?

For now, I'm calling bullshit on the claim that 18 out of 20 companies have responded to a boycott, and I don't consider the WND article to be a credible news source.

defendfreedom.info/2011/11/melanie-oberg-anderson-experience.html

Apparently, she was on Anderson Cooper's show. The hate filled comments on both her facebook and blog page are painful to read.

Bri' said...

Melanie,

Excellent!! Your willingness and courage to stand up alone in a pack of wolves and speak the truth was amazing. Taking out sponsors is beyond incredible! Thank you. From all of us. You WERE the hero of that show and an inspiration to many of us. Keep up the good work. Many people are very proud of you and so very grateful for your willingness to save lives. You may never know how many innocent young women you have saved from falling for that handsome fast talking guy that will never respect her and kill her before he'll let her leave him. Or how many babies you've saved from a life of hell. God called and you answered. Good job!

I rolled my eyes at this quote from yesterday

'night fellow anti-jihadi's! See you all here tomorrow for a non-halal turkey day!

~Melanie

Lori Collins

G-d has truly blessed us and led us all down the same path. It is written that in the end, America will prevail over the threat of evil, although we do have a hell of a fight in times to come. Let the fact we are destaind for victory against all enemies bring comfort on this newly named 'HAM' day to one and all.... G-d bless!

So many of these quotes are just crazy. Where is it written that America will prevail and over what? There are no references to the USA in scripture.

Rosie Stone

Little baby trolls, go and help your mama make Thanksgiving day dinner and be greatful you live in a safe country and you are NOT a moosleum! Moosleums, GTF off of our page on OUR day of Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to all my ALL-American patriots. This does NOT include moosleums!

Glad to know that the American soldiers who just happen to be Muslim aren't patriots.

Elizabeth Simmons

Hang on a minute,Alif....how come in our country we see u guys in our pubs drinking alcohol.....rather hypocritical dont you think.....??!!!!!

Would she hold all Christians responsible for the bad behavior of some people who call themselves Christians? The hate on this site is depressing and troubling.

Wow,debrand, that site is so bigoted and ignorant, and till now has 1,962 likes.

It's funny how one of their "likes" is the U.S. Constitution when they want to change it.

Wow,debrand, that site is so bigoted and ignorant, and till now has 1,962 likes.

It's funny how one of their "likes" is the U.S. Constitution when they want to change it.

It actually made me pretty angry when I read the site.

The way that I discovered it is strange. On my facebook page, I have a number of friends who are conservative. For the most part, I ignore their political and religious views because in person, they tend to be nice. One man had a man with the title Father(so, I am guessing he is a priest) leave a comment that sounded less than charitable about women priests. Curious, I followed the guy to his facebook page and found a link to the site in the first post.

I did not want to watch the show but now I will

Don't they realize that the hip in-word is Muzzy. Plural Muzzies. Not to be confused with that language learning system that you probably watched the commercials of in the '90s.

Ugh, what an awful page. The show was made to increase understanding of Muslim Americans and what they are like. Why is there not a page saying "boycott Christian Americans, because they killed the native population of the US when they came here?"

It is wellknown that muslims themselves are not violent, only radical muslims, which we do not have in the US. We see the same hatred among the WBC, christians who while not using violence (yet) are also doing evil things in the name of god.

Christians seem to ignore the fact that Islam comes from the same base as Judaism and Christianity, they just believe in a different ending prophet, it's the same god. of course I'm not an expert, but isn't it?

things like this make me sad to be an american.

Ugh! What a bunch of bigots! Appreantly being muslim is the new scapegoat for the west. Awesome.

I have issues with Islam, I do.

I have issues with every organized religion minus maybe buddhism, but since there seem to be more radical Muslims than radical Christians these days, I think that's where more harm can be done.

That being said, I could NEVER boycott TLC. It's my no.1 guilty pleasure.

Ugh, what an awful page. The show was made to increase understanding of Muslim Americans and what they are like. Why is there not a page saying "boycott Christian Americans, because they killed the native population of the US when they came here?"

It is wellknown that muslims themselves are not violent, only radical muslims, which we do not have in the US. We see the same hatred among the WBC, christians who while not using violence (yet) are also doing evil things in the name of god.

Christians seem to ignore the fact that Islam comes from the same base as Judaism and Christianity, they just believe in a different ending prophet, it's the same god. of course I'm not an expert, but isn't it?

things like this make me sad to be an american.

While I agree with the rest of your quote, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that we do not have radical Muslims in the US. They certainly exist and I don't see the point of denying that. The TLC show just points out that there are plenty more in the US who are living normal, peaceful lives.

Ooh good idea, how do you do that?

I was going to ask the same thing. Although I have a facebook page, I'm not on it often so I don't know how to report a page. Is there a button or do I have to write a note?(I don't mind writing a note)

Don't they realize that the hip in-word is Muzzy. Plural Muzzies. Not to be confused with that language learning system that you probably watched the commercials of in the '90s.

OMG, OT: Muzzy is the craziest language learning system in the world. We have done the Spanish one, and what creepy characters who steal babies has to do with learning Spanish I don't know, but that cartoon is completely nuts!

I was going to ask the same thing. Although I have a facebook page, I'm not on it often so I don't know how to report a page. Is there a button or do I have to write a note?(I don't mind writing a note)

You mean "hate speech" ->"targets a religious group"? You can find the report page-button in the left column.

The Muslim people I know in real life are the sweetest people really.

The commercial I saw said it all: gorgeous Muslim woman, in a hijab, speaking about being on a plane and someone making a comment about feeling comfortable on the plane with the Muslim woman on it. Her response: "Get your ass off the plane, because I have a speaking engagement to educate bigots like you."

I don't like what fundies have done to Christianity, and I personally think the Duggars are far more dangerous than peaceful people in freaking Michigan.

You mean "hate speech" ->"targets a religious group"? You can find the report page-button in the left column.

The Muslim people I know in real life are the sweetest people really.

Thanks. I don't know how I missed that.

Archived