IGNORED

Blog:Do You Love Children

roddma

It bugs me when people act like I'm a serial killer because I don't think kids are the greatest thing ever. Though, guilty admission, I once told a kid (around four or five) at the zoo that if he kept pounding on the glass of the monkey enclosure, at night, the animals would come and knock on his windows. Biggest. Eyes. EVER. :shock: But, really, that's the worst I've ever done.

When I read the title "Do You Love Children," the first thing I thought of was a Law and Order SVU episode about pedophiles. When they met up with other possible pedophiles they used the phrase "do you love children" to tell if the other guy was also a pedophile.

That's me too. My kids are my life and I love them more than anything. Other kids? Meh, they usually just mildly irritate me if I'm around them too long.

This.

I once told a kid (around four or five) at the zoo that if he kept pounding on the glass of the monkey enclosure, at night, the animals would come and knock on his windows. Biggest. Eyes. EVER. :shock: But, really, that's the worst I've ever done.

That is awesome.

I appreciate her emphasis on children as blessings - truly, blessings, not little soldiers to advance a 200 year plan - but she seems to be implying that true love of children means you'll take any one that comes along. I don't see how that fits with the rest of what she's saying, and I think if she actually answered the first question in her comments, we might find that she believes in taking care of the blessings you've got, prioritised before the blessings you might get.

The fact that she compares Jesus opening his arms to existing children, to allowing yourself to get pregnant again (creating a not-yet-existing child), makes me concerned that that might not actually be the case, though.

And I absolutely adore children :D

I like most kids, although there are some I don't like. I love my child more than anything. That's why I use birth control. I will love my children enough to know when I've hit my limit. I want to be able to spend one on one time with them, to travel with them, to send them to whatever school they need to attend in order to succeed in life, to allow them to try whatever sport/activity they desire, to feed them good, healthy food, and to give them a secure home. I don't want my children to worry about where the next meal will come from or worry about not having a house to live in because I decided to have umpteen million kids without any thought as to how I would support those children both financially and emotionally. I think that I love children more than all the quiverfull adults put together.

I like most kids, although there are some I don't like. I love my child more than anything. That's why I use birth control. I will love my children enough to know when I've hit my limit. I want to be able to spend one on one time with them, to travel with them, to send them to whatever school they need to attend in order to succeed in life, to allow them to try whatever sport/activity they desire, to feed them good, healthy food, and to give them a secure home. I don't want my children to worry about where the next meal will come from or worry about not having a house to live in because I decided to have umpteen million kids without any thought as to how I would support those children both financially and emotionally. I think that I love children more than all the quiverfull adults put together.

^^This. And I really like kids. They're cute, fun, easy to impress, and they say funny things. But I want mine to have a good life and I can't do that if I have one a year for the next 10 years. My limit is two, and then I will love my tubal ligation. ;)

Yeah, that. No, in general, I do not love children any differently than I love any other human being on the planet.

I love the children of my family like, well, like family. I love them as children and when they grow up.

I love the children of my friends the same as I love those of my family.

Overall though, I do not love children as if they are all some entity all their own. They are not one thing, each child is an individual. Some I like, some I love, some I cringe when I have to be around them, most others are just there like everyone else.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I'm happily living with my boyfriend and nope, we don't want kids. I have too many reasons for not wanting children. I treat kids that I meet like other people: respect me and I'll love you for life, be real mean (and a lot of kids are nasty, sadly) and I won't forget it. Babies are cute though, but then I don't have to take care of them,lol! And I don't know if it's because I'm more impatient but I find that kids these days are often very impolite.

I absolutely adore watching learning and problem-solving take place, regardless of age or species.

So, since children are more likely to be openly learning, at any given moment, than most adults one sees, I lean towards finding them interesting very quickly, and that often leads to liking them.

With children I know for a long time, enjoying how they grow, change and face challenges over the years also endears children to me (again, not that don't also see that in many adults, but it's more dramatic in children and teens).

Children are people -- so, like any other people, I enjoy some more than others.

Archived