IGNORED

Could not happen to a nicer judge.

doggie

lets hope it is permanent.

CNN) -- Judge William Adams, who made national headlines after the release of a 2004 video of him beating his then-teenage daughter, has been suspended by the Texas Supreme Court.

The reason for the action was not mentioned in an order of suspension that was made public Tuesday.

Adams, a court-at-law judge in Aransas County, was roundly criticized when his now-adult daughter posted online a video of him beating her with a belt when she was 16.

The video also showed the judge cursing and berating Hillary Adams.

Adams was punishing the girl for using the Internet "to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time," Hillary Adams wrote on the web posting.

Texas judge accused of abuse

Hillary Adams: My father is in denial

Hillary Adams: I finally snapped

Judge responds to allegations

The video is punctuated by cracks of the man's belt and the girl's screams and cries.

At one point in the 7 1/2-minute video, the man says to his near-hysterical daughter, "What happened to you, Hillary? Once you were an obedient, nice little girl. Now you lie, cheat and steal."

He yells at her, "You want to put some more computer games on? You want some more?"

"Are you happy?" he asks her. "Disobeying your parents? You don't deserve to f---ing be in this house."

He also berates the girl's mother for allowing a "f---ing computer" in the house.

"I wanted to show my father, 'Hey, I think you were in some denial about the way you are treating me and my mother.' And maybe showing him this would make him see something he didn't before," Hillary Adams, now 23, told CNN.

Earlier this month, William Adams released a statement to explain his side of the story.

"If the public must know, just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply 'drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part-time at a video game store," the judge said in a statement.

Adams handles family-related and juvenile court issues for the county court system.

Guest Anonymous

The younger sister is in the custody of the mother, under a temporary restraining order. The case was heard on Monday and the longer term outcome will be heard today.

I think the suspension is partly related to one of Adams colleagues having made formal professional misconduct allegations against him, in addition to the public furore over the abuse video.

I have been following Hillary Adams on Twitter. She is not allowed to speak about the case while it is in process but she has posted links to news coverage.

• 10 months later...

Judge Adams is back in the news. It seems he wants his job back :o

A suspended family law judge whose daughter posted a video online of him hitting her with a belt is asking the Texas Supreme Court to reinstate him.

In a motion filed Wednesday seeking reinstatement, Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams waived his right to contest a misconduct warning he received in September. The warning was issued after the state's Commission on Judicial Conduct held a hearing on Adams' capability to serve as a family court judge.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/0 ... _ref=crime

Oh God...

How can a man treat his DAUGHTER that way and expect his friggin job as a JUDGE back? Oh no, oh HELL no. I don't want him anywhere near that position. :(

Oh God...

How can a man treat his DAUGHTER that way and expect his friggin job as a JUDGE back? Oh no, oh HELL no. I don't want him anywhere near that position. :(

I'm going to put my money on the answer to that question being "inflated sense of entitlement".

How is it that you can still beat a person like that and not face assault charges?

Poor judgey-wudgey. Yet, bitter tears of sorrow on his behalf do not appear to be forthcoming. It's amazing that he cannot accept the consequences of his actions considering the purpose of his profession. But of course, he's above all that and can do whatever he likes :roll: May the sadistic, child abusing asshole rot.

Archived