IGNORED

Fundie Recipes

makepeace

I play this game on Pinterest all the time. I also receive the pillsbury newsletter via email, just to laugh about the disgusting-ness.

One i've seen pinned on a fundie-lite's pinterest: chili cheese dog casserole.

2 cans hormel chili (with beans if you prefer)

2 cups shredded cheese

1 pack tortillas

1 pack hot dogs

Open one can chili, spread it in bottom of casserole dish. Put hotdogs in tortillas, roll, place in dish like enchiladas. Pour second can of chili over the top and top with cheese. bake.

Ewwwwww.

this is bad how is chilli cheese dogs bad? I would have this with chips and scoop it.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She doesn't even drain the grease off the meat!

It all looks like pig slop to me! :puke-front:

So I was looking at [link=http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/04/extra-flaky-scallion-pancakes-recipe.html]this recipe[/link] and at the bottom of the screen, I was informed that Serious Eats recommends [link=http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/03/homemade-tater-tots.html?obref=obinsite]this recipe[/link] for... wait for it... homemade tater tots! Now fundies can stop making idols of Ore-Ida (Ore-Idals?) and save the difference. :)

Ore Ida is a horrendous company.

Please tell me you cannot buy Velveeta in the UK?

Thankfully no. We have actual laws limiting additives in foods that mean a huge number of American staples cannot be sold here as they are considered unfit for human consumption.

this is bad how is chilli cheese dogs bad? I would have this with chips and scoop it.

I live in Cincinnati, the land of chili, and I would not make this nor eat it with any kind of chili. Hormel chili (and skyline) is just GROSS.

The Bateses' "poor man's steak and potatoes" or whatever they called it. A slice of bologne, instant mashed potatoes on top, with cheese sprinkled over that.

Where I'm from we call bologna "Mississippi flatsteak". :lol:

I live in Cincinnati, the land of chili, and I would not make this nor eat it with any kind of chili. Hormel chili (and skyline) is just GROSS.

:greetings-waveyellow: Hello from just across the river in NKY!

Thankfully no. We have actual laws limiting additives in foods that mean a huge number of American staples cannot be sold here as they are considered unfit for human consumption.

I'm the type that would have had to try it ...just because. Once saw a TV show that mentioned 'Cheese Whizz.' My kid was like 'MUM, MUM in America cheese comes in a tin. I had to tell her they eat exactly the same cheese as we do, she nodded sagely and said ..'Yes can't see the Barefoot Contessa using that.' As you do.

Fast food is on a new level though.

Maybe it's just my little corner of NI but I can find processed cheese spread at Tesco, though the closest thing you'll find to Velveeta would be the processed cheese slices. I've only had Velveeta once in my life, but the cheese slices have the same consistency imo.

Not a fundie recipe, but one they'd enjoy. Cream of Soup milkshakes.

http://fuzziebutter.com/?p=283

Well, there went my appetite. :shock: I'll admit to an occasional can of cream-o-chicken, strictly as an odd comfort food ingredient, but the idea of making a milkshake with it is making my stomach cringe. Celery and asparagus shakes just sound so so wrong.

Maybe it's just my little corner of NI but I can find processed cheese spread at Tesco, though the closest thing you'll find to Velveeta would be the processed cheese slices. I've only had Velveeta once in my life, but the cheese slices have the same consistency imo.

AH OF course Kraft techno-orange slices? So THAT is Velveeta? Rubber cheese we call it.

I guess I just don't hate my family enough to serve them this dish.

I never cook for that many people so I don't know for sure, but that doesn't look like a huge amount for sixteen people...

Also the YT comments for this video are epic:

I'm about to vomit. Tube meat and all of its grease, sodium-laden canned veggies, undrained, and frozen french fries?! Oh, and don't forget the cream of yuck! soup! How is this "Love in the Kitchen?" I don't serve crap like this to may family because I love them.

Did you drain the grease from the meat, or just mix the soup right into the grease?

I don't hate my family enough to serve them this dish.

I'm pretty sure that my cholesterol and blood pressure went up just from watching this. There is no way that can ever be healthy or good to eat.

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Tube meat and salt...yum. Your family will die from a heart attack...

This thread made me crack up. The chicken in a can (as gross as it was to look at) reminded me of the jelly crap that comes with gefilte fish in a jar.

Also, for the Orthodox Jewish side of fundie recipes, I offer you deli roll:

Take a sheet of puff pastry. Slather mustard on it. Cover in various kinds of deli meat. Roll it up and bake it.

It's pretty heart-attack inducing, but probably not as bad as chicken-etti. I hope. Because I eat it.

any recipe involving cans of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup. I'll never understand the obsession with those soups in a meal.

I know this isn't a fundie recipe but Mormon punch and Mormon funeral potatoes are just as awful. One of my friend, who's ex-mormon, made a small batch of the punch and funeral potatoes and I almost vomited. The combination of the super sweet punch and beyond salty potatoes left an awful taste in my mouth.

Don't the duggars have a "pizza" recipe that amounts to tomato sauce on bread? Sigh. Even my Norwegian grandma could make better pizza.

Why yes, yes they do.

duggarfamily.com/content/duggar_recipes/30782/poor_man_s_pizzas

AH OF course Kraft techno-orange slices? So THAT is Velveeta? Rubber cheese we call it.

No, Velveeta is worse, if you can imagine.

Lol yup! Now just picture a bunch of those Kraft slices formed into a brick and you'll have an understanding of what Velveeta is!

any recipe involving cans of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup. I'll never understand the obsession with those soups in a meal.

I know this isn't a fundie recipe but Mormon punch and Mormon funeral potatoes are just as awful. One of my friend, who's ex-mormon, made a small batch of the punch and funeral potatoes and I almost vomited. The combination of the super sweet punch and beyond salty potatoes left an awful taste in my mouth.

I love Mormon cheezey potatoes, don't know if they are funeral potatoes. My Mormon friends make theirs from real shredded spuds and real cheddar cheese. Depending on which family member makes them they can also have roasted garlic or hot green chillies.

Question.

Why do these people put out their recipes (Money, yes) But are they so uneducated, nutritionally challenged to believe that this would even be an option for the majority?

I get it is the look at my HUGEQUIVERPENISFAMILY you too can do this on a budget. There are many ways to feed a large family healthily without this shit. I have seen many healthy alternative recipes, good ideas on here alone.

What happened to your 'Body is a temple' thing? Or is tube meat ok cos' it subliminally reinforces the 'Penis' rules all mentality? (That was sarcasm..the question is genuine.)

Wow, when I read this thread I'm happy to live in France !

Please tell me that non-fundy Americans don't eat like that ! (I'm sure you don't, but you seem to use a lot more processed food than us French, for sure ;) )

Those fundy don't know what a fresh veggie is, do they ?

The Bateses' "poor man's steak and potatoes" or whatever they called it. A slice of bologne, instant mashed potatoes on top, with cheese sprinkled over that.

Here you can see Anna's chickenetti in all its greasy, slimy, heart attack-inducing glory:

Ewwwww......

Man, beef goes on sale just like other meats! WHY CAN'T THEY JUST WAIT AND BUY IT?

Archived