IGNORED

Fundie Recipes

makepeace

Emily used to make ketchup and other condiments from scratch, as well as a nasty looking homemade hot pocket for DNA.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My concern is keeping a large animal chilled and uncontaminated. Also a freezer that will freeze that much meat quickly so there is no spoilage. I routinely get fowl from friends during bird season and it's no biggie to throw a half dozen chuckers in my small chest freezer. Even with a large chest freezer a couple hundred pounds of deer can take a couple of days to freeze.

I had a butcher in NorCal who would butcher my animals in exchange for the hide. Is that not something available everywhere?

I had a butcher in NorCal who would butcher my animals in exchange for the hide. Is that not something available everywhere?
I honestly don't know. I can ask around. My husband only hunts fowl. And if my deer hunter friends ever told me what they did with the hide, I wasn't listening. I do know some will butcher in exchange for some of the meat.

My lamb lady kept her pelts, but most of the small butchers here have someone who will buy hides. It's not much money for cowhide, you can get $50 for an elk hide from butchers in eastern Boregon. Folks that cure hides don't like handling a frozen hide.

It is in northern wisconsin. I forget what the exchange is though but it's generally around hunting season since people up there don't really have farms (at least not in the "towns")

any recipe involving cans of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup. I'll never understand the obsession with those soups in a meal.

I know this isn't a fundie recipe but Mormon punch and Mormon funeral potatoes are just as awful. One of my friend, who's ex-mormon, made a small batch of the punch and funeral potatoes and I almost vomited. The combination of the super sweet punch and beyond salty potatoes left an awful taste in my mouth.

Dude, you don't like funeral potatoes. FOE.

Funeral potatoes are the awesome. You just have to do them right.

And what exactly is Mormon punch?????

This? http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/ ... -punch.asp

Ingredients

1 can frozen lemonade concentrate (6 ounce can)

1 can frozen orange juice concentrate (6 oz. can)

1 cup Sugar

10 cups water

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon almond extract

1/2 bottle Sprite (2 liter bottle)

Directions

Mix frozen juices and sugar together. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Add water. Stir well. Add Sprite just before serving. Serve chilled.

My Q is why add sugar to all of that stuff that already has sugar?

Ingredients

1 cup Sugar

10 cups water

1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

Mix frozen juices and sugar together. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Add water. Stir well. Add Sprite just before serving. Serve chilled.

My teeth hurt, after reading that.

I'm not a food snob like a lot of people here. I live in Philly and Cheez Whiz is one of only two acceptable cheeses for cheesesteak around here. But the Bates's poor man's steak and potatoes is just nauseating. I've eaten plenty of disgusting stuff, but that recipe crosses a line.

I also don't understand the point of tater tot casserole. I ate tons of casseroles growing up. They all had vegetables in them in some form. Why can't the Duggars just add a bag of frozen peas or carrots to that mess? I don't understand fundies' aversion to using frozen vegetables. Even as an adult I don't really like eating straight vegetables. So I just put them in other things! I won't eat a pile of cooked carrots, but if there are carrots in my soup, I can't get enough of them. Isn't that sort of the point of a casserole anyway, to have a place to hide the vegetables?

I've have to chuckle at the disclaimer at the bottom of all the Duggar recipes:

All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Results may vary. All recipes are valid for non-commercial use otherwise written permission must be obtained from the The Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Family

Ok, first of all I wouldn't be too worried about restaurants stealing these prized recipes for their tasting menu. Second, I hardly doubt that J'celle and Dimbulb came up with these recipes all on their own. You could probably find them in any Midwestern church cookbook.

Ingredients

1 cup Sugar

10 cups water

1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

Because you need to KEEP SWEET AT ALL TIMES. Seriously folks, green jello with carrots floating in it. Cookies galore at "Linger Longers" (after-church pot-luck). Sugar sugar sugar. Oh, but they don't drink coffee so they're keeping the word of wisdom! :P

This recipe from the Duggar Family Blog makes Chickenetti sound decent.

Chicken & Noodles

Ingredients:

8 cans cream of chicken soup

10 T. Mex. chicken boullion

17 c. water

1 onion chopped (or 1 T. onion powder)

4-5 bags egg noodles

Chunks cooked chicken (optional)

Pepper to taste

Directions:

Boil Soup, Bouillon, Water, & Onion. Boil 5 min.

Add Noodles & chicken. Pepper either in pot or at table. Yummy!

Variations:

*If you're a whole grain family, try substituting egg noodles with whole wheat noodles.

Guest Anonymous
Variations:

*If you're a whole grain family, try substituting egg noodles with whole wheat noodles.

That's hilarious. Whole grain noodles are not going to healthify that mess.

^ I make that same dish, minus the Mexican chicken buillon and I do the noodles and cream of mushroom soup from scratch, with steamed broccoli on the side. One of my favorites!

This recipe from the Duggar Family Blog makes Chickenetti sound decent.

Chicken & Noodles

Ingredients:

8 cans cream of chicken soup

10 T. Mex. chicken boullion

17 c. water

1 onion chopped (or 1 T. onion powder)

4-5 bags egg noodles

Chunks cooked chicken (optional)

Pepper to taste

Directions:

Boil Soup, Bouillon, Water, & Onion. Boil 5 min.

Add Noodles & chicken. Pepper either in pot or at table. Yummy!

Variations:

How the fuck is chicken optional in "Chicken & Noodles"? I would also shudder to know the sodium content of that dish, with all the cream o' crap soup and boullion :shock:

A Texas staple: Frito Pie. It is Texas comfort food, and Texas Fundies love it, because it's easy to make to feed a crowd (large family).

1 bag Fritos

2 large cans chili

2 onions, chopped

1 lb. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Grease a 9x13-inch pan. Spread half the bag of Fritos evenly on the pan. Spread 1 can chili over the Fritos. Sprinkle with one chopped onion and 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.

I hate to admit it, but my kids love this stuff. (We're from Texas, but not "fundie".) I'm sure a large family like the Duggars would have to double it. Or triple it. I have no idea.

A Texas staple: Frito Pie. It is Texas comfort food, and Texas Fundies love it, because it's easy to make to feed a crowd (large family).

1 bag Fritos

2 large cans chili

2 onions, chopped

1 lb. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Grease a 9x13-inch pan. Spread half the bag of Fritos evenly on the pan. Spread 1 can chili over the Fritos. Sprinkle with one chopped onion and 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the rest of the cheddar cheese.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.

I hate to admit it, but my kids love this stuff. (We're from Texas, but not "fundie".) I'm sure a large family like the Duggars would have to double it. Or triple it. I have no idea.

I do something similar using salt free white corn chips and home made chili with meat (or not depending on my mood). Since I usually have this at the end of a pot f beans or chili with meat I dump a can of enchilada sauce over it and omit the cheese.

How the fuck is chicken optional in "Chicken & Noodles"? I would also shudder to know the sodium content of that dish, with all the cream o' crap soup and boullion :shock:

Plus how bland must this be. Only one onion for all that liquid. I don't think 18 tablespoons of Mexican flavored chicken broth would add much flavor.

Ha, and I changed it, because the layers didn't add up - it's one of those "recipes" you just do without really thinking about it. You can do 2 or 3 layers.

My kids BEG me to make this and I do, about twice a year because I feel so icky after serving (and eating) it!

I have never been a hunter, but I do know that many butchers require to see your hunting permit, so if you're hunting without a permit, or got too many, they won't touch them.

I have never been a hunter, but I do know that many butchers require to see your hunting permit, so if you're hunting without a permit, or got too many, they won't touch them.

Around here you have to show your license and tag. Half the tag stays on the deer or elk and the other half goes back to the state.

Archived